9450 - Epic Dragon Battle

stackables

I assumed he was getting those prices already with BOGO, coupon and membership. If he found those marked at that price it can become an even better deal.

Looks like the price he quoted is BOGO + membership discount. Occasionally though you see a Frigate that still has the 30% off sticker on it.

If he has the 20% off coupon it comes off of the full-price one, so his total pre-tax should end up being 140.33. I think a lot of people don't realize that the coupons work with the BOGO.

I bought several of these this weekend using multiple 20% and 15% coupons. Just this afternoon I ran into a honeypot of Republic Frigates at one of our local B&******'s....

• 2 weeks later...

Went to a B&****** today. They still have 2 Republic Frigates but they're

full retail. I do have a membership and would save 10% but prob

not worth picking up each for $115.56 including tax.....right? Anyone?

Looks like this set is going in the upwards motion (nearly at retai?) but I would grab them if you have the financial means. I suppose they could eventually get a discount, but there is a big chance someone else might grab it first.

I kinda wonder why there seems to be a plethora of leftover Frigates at B+****** locations all over the country. Is this the large set that is in the least demand? Or is it just that not enough people shop for Lego at B+******? I thought about picking up the last Frigate at my local store but decided against it.

I kinda wonder why there seems to be a plethora of leftover Frigates at B+****** locations all over the country. Is this the large set that is in the least demand? Or is it just that not enough people shop for Lego at B+******? I thought about picking up the last Frigate at my local store but decided against it.

I don't understand it personally. I have been to probably 20 B&****** between Seattle area, Atlanta, and Dallas in the last few months, and I haven't seen a single Frigate. I don't know where people are finding them.

I don't understand it personally. I have been to probably 20 B&N between Seattle area, Atlanta, and Dallas in the last few months, and I haven't seen a single Frigate. I don't know where people are finding them.

There has been one at a local store here that has been on the shelf for at least a month since I first saw it. It has a dented box and is still at retail price so I haven't bothered.

• 2 months later...

25% off this set? Is it worth it? i do not own a single nijago piece so i dont know whats good and whats not... its like a different language to me

Same to me, I have no idea how good any of nijago sets do good after they are EOL.

At $100 these are worth it, just got 6 more for $85 these will retire at the end of the year, and will rise in price like the only other big set made the 2507 Fire Temple, just check ebay now on completed auctions. lego 2507 they will be a Good $200-$250 for Christmas, and the Epic battle will be the same next year for Christmas, I think its a mistake to buy them now and sell for $150 this Christmas, hold on to as many as you can get for 2014 and up.    Ed

Epic Dragon and Golden Dragon this year, hold for 2014 or later.  Then look out for a set tentatively called the Mechadragon which we should start seing preview pictures of some time this summer to be released just before Christmas 2013.  I'm banking on those being a buy and hold for 2015 :)

I missed out on these this morning on eBay/tru.....you had to buy everything in pairs to get discount...if you bought 4 sets..you only got one discount--not 2.  When I got to these sets the price was up.  Can't complain though.  Got 10 big sets for great prices. Watching for a deal on amzn on these..if it drops to 90...grabbing a couple. 

Epic Dragon and Golden Dragon this year, hold for 2014 or later.  Then look out for a set tentatively called the Mechadragon which we should start seing preview pictures of some time this summer to be released just before Christmas 2013.  I'm banking on those being a buy and hold for 2015 :)

Definitely should be looking at the end of 2014 at the earliest. I anticipate these going EOL fairly abruptly and then everyone will be cursing trying to find them. I have had a few enquiries from customers and friends already about how to get the Ice Dragon for cheap, I just chuckle and tell them not to miss out on these ones. They are really just filling the void until the new Ninjago kicks off in it's potential new format so will be readily available until the new sets are made and then........ :punish:

I have had a few people E-mail me and tell me they don't believe that I really have alot of Ninjago 2507 and 9450 sets, and think the Epic Battle set is not a good investment. So i figure I would just show what I have. Anybody thinks that the 9450 Epic battle Dragon will not be worth getting as many as you can for a good price My advice get as many as you can afford from now to Christmas, There have only been 2 big sets with Ninjago, and hopefully with the new 2014 sets there will be one more. Look at the 2507 Fire Temple Set, $91.00 Black Friday Sale last year, and the price is close to $175-200 on ebay will be more aroundChristmas, now anybody buying the 9450 Epic Battle would suggest holding on to them, don't panic around Christmas and sell them, you will be sorry wait til 2014 & 2015. So I have 44 Epic Dragon Battle, and 31 Fire Temple sets.    Ed
10s4ob6.jpg
2whhtu1.jpg
3142uti.jpg
2lclcf6.jpg

• Like 2