3187 - Butterfly Beauty Shop

mahler24

It's sold out on LEGO Shop at Home and almost impossible to find in stores. Searches on WalMart.com and Target.com won't even find a product by that name. Little girls like all of the pretend make-up items in that one. Also, from a collector standpoint (which probably isn't why it's jumping in price) it's the only Friends set AFAIK with "secondary Friend" Sarah.

I managed to find a 3187 randomly at a Barnes and Noble store. I promptly bought it but when I got home I realized that the seals had been carefully broken. I went ahead and opened the box to see if anything was missing. Does anyone know exactly what's supposed to be in the box? I saw 2 sealed bags, two pink floor plates and a sticker page. No instructions so I guess those are missing. I'm thinking of keeping it since the bags are sealed but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing something important. Thanks in advance!

I managed to find a 3187 randomly at a Barnes and Noble store. I promptly bought it but when I got home I realized that the seals had been carefully broken. I went ahead and opened the box to see if anything was missing. Does anyone know exactly what's supposed to be in the box? I saw 2 sealed bags, two pink floor plates and a sticker page. No instructions so I guess those are missing. I'm thinking of keeping it since the bags are sealed but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing something important. Thanks in advance!

Looks like you got everything except for the instructions booklet.

I've been opening Friends sets and building them with my daughters, having 2 bags in a Friends set is the usual fare. Also, as you can see via link to instructions PDF posted earlier, there's 2 bags.

Just call Lego directly. Same with missing bricks. They will send you the missing books free. Last week I bought ninja go destiny boat from Target. It was an open box. bag 1 was open and one of the mining was missing. Called Lego and they replaced it no questions asked. What a great company.

• 4 months later...

I found 4 of these on the Walmart clearance isle for $17 just yesterday, Weren't there before that

Must not have sold when they clearanced them the first time.

You can actually flip these for double retail right now.  BTW, great find.  I have sold probably 25 of these over time and I ran out a few months ago.  Buy them all up.  I'm not sure if they will go up much more.  I really feel they have peaked but its up to you if you want to buy and hold.  :money:

You can actually flip these for double retail right now. BTW, great find. I have sold probably 25 of these over time and I ran out a few months ago. Buy them all up. I'm not sure if they will go up much more. I really feel they have peaked but its up to you if you want to buy and hold. :money:

Yep I snatched them up with the intention to flip right away.

• 1 month later...

If any one will sell one at cost they payed can you let me know. my daughter just got in to lego friends and loves this set. i have looked and cant find one. I cant pay whats on ebay. I understand if you want to make on them. just thought I would ask if any one has one they would sell at cost would love to get one for my daughter and put away for Christmas. thanks

If any one will sell one at cost they payed can you let me know. my daughter just got in to lego friends and loves this set. i have looked and cant find one. I cant pay whats on ebay. I understand if you want to make on them. just thought I would ask if any one has one they would sell at cost would love to get one for my daughter and put away for Christmas. thanks

I think you can get them for about 60$... If you cannot pay that I think its better to buy something newer...

Its a good idea to ask maybe someone will sell you, but I think the price (while high) is not over the roof yet...

Hope you find someone!

Thanks that is more than I can pay. I thought I would just ask. but I understand if you can make and only payed what they were it gives you more $$ to get other sets. I dont know why she just loves this set. I think it is the makeup and little things that come with it. I do have to say it is a cute set. fun for kids to play with. thanks again.