75021 - Republic Gunship

Darth Lego

I don't see a topic abut this set. What's your thought on this set? It's been marked as retired, will this set reach $220 by the time the new movie comes?

​Probably not.. Although it's creeping up all the time.  It's gone from around 140 a few months ago, to 170.00 with free shipping.  I think 200 by december is a possibility, and 250 isn't out of the realm of possibility next year.  I somehow doubt we see many prequel sets in the next 6 years, so this set might not be remade for quite some time.  Since this was the best gunship made, and it has good minifigs, I can only see it go up at this point. It probably won't appreciate at rapid growth, but it will see growth.

Just a reminder for everyone, the excellent search feature on the upper right corner of the website is your friend :)

​The search feature sucks. I've tried many of times and couldn't find what I was looking for...

Anyhow, I really like the look of this ship and I am tempted to open one, but must think $$$ at the end of the tunnel!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

An old topic I know but seems from the "what Lego did you sell today" thread this one was actually quite a good investment (for a prequel set).

Don't own any myself but been given the option to get one at £90.  I actually quite like this set but if i did purchase this one it would probably be as an investment piece (bought way too many others for personal use).  Although if i couldn't get a good return would happily stick this one on the shelf  :)

Anyone still invested/holding this one for bigger gains and would recommend buying in now (still at under MRSP)?  Or anyone own this set and want to opine how awesome or over hyped this one is?

Personal opinion is that even with all the new star wars FA sets about to be released they'll still be some love for the older stuff (even if there is a temp slow down in sales as people clamor for the new stuff).  Going out on a limb here but I think the gun ship is to the prequels what the SD is to the OT in terms of iconic ships.

Although as a side note is there anything in the prequels thats the MF version of the OT?  I say no.

I'm in for a dozen 75021 at £54 each. Very happy with that :lol:

How did you manage that one? BOGOF?  (really I'm just hunting here for what places to keep an eye out for future deals :) )

Now that this topic resurfaces on BP, I am pretty sure the growth is going to be stalled for a few months, at least :D

I'll apologise now to all those holding this one if it does.  Although with the new films and new sets coming out I think they'll be a big pull towards that stuff so the secondary market on these retired sets might stagnate a bit.  That being said it might give a few buying opportunities for those of us who missed out as some resellers get cold feet :pioneer:

How did you manage that one? BOGOF?  (really I'm just hunting here for what places to keep an eye out for future deals :) )

I'll apologise now to all those holding this one if it does.  Although with the new films and new sets coming out I think they'll be a big pull towards that stuff so the secondary market on these retired sets might stagnate a bit.  That being said it might give a few buying opportunities for those of us who missed out as some resellers get cold feet :pioneer:

I tend to disagree.  I went to the event last night at TRU, then hit walmart and a lot of people started snatching up old lego sets too.  They weren't necessarily going for just the new ones.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got a couple Gunships yesterday really excited, hadn't seen these since last year when you could get them at Kmart for cheap. I had one open one, busted seals from kmart shipping, now I have two perfect ones as well. Amazing there is not more talk of finding them since they are obviously some still in the wild.

• 5 months later...