75021 - Republic Gunship

Darth Lego

On 2.9.2015 at 11:01 PM, Ciglione said:

I am holding mine for the long run.

As somebody already mentioned this one and the MTT are the best sets from the prequel trilogy.

Simply just look at how the 7676 is doing.

That´s true! I have bought 5 sets during the TRU offer for 64,99€. I have already sold one before christmas for 250€. The others I`ll hold.

On bricklink people buying bulks of 20 for around 235€. I guess that set perfomes like 7676 do! Very exciting! ?

• 3 years later...
26 minutes ago, Ogelwoc said:

What's the view on this with the impending UCS version? Anyone bailing out your final stash?

Price on BL is holding steady, whilst crazy on Amazon and Ebay.

I sold mine way too low way too soon in bulk for 225 a piece in 2017. It's well over 300€ now. Very excited for a rerelease, I'll buy in bulk for sure. If it wasn't UCS it'd be better though...

18 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

I sold mine way too low way too soon in bulk for 225 a piece in 2017. It's well over 300€ now. Very excited for a rerelease, I'll buy in bulk for sure. If it wasn't UCS it'd be better though...

i have the opportunity to grab one for $250 USD. Same seller also has a Ghost for $200. I'm leaning towards the Ghost as I don't see that ship being redone anytime soon, if ever. And there aren't a ton of Rebel sets.

Do you think the UCS Gunship will end up hurting the old sets price?

3 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

i have the opportunity to grab one for $250 USD. Same seller also has a Ghost for $200. I'm leaning towards the Ghost as I don't see that ship being redone anytime soon, if ever. And there aren't a ton of Rebel sets.

Do you think the UCS Gunship will end up hurting the old sets price?

I'd hold out for some selloff prices.

I just acquired one of these in a very large and clean bulk lot. Beautiful looking set. It should be complete but I still need to verify it  via the Bricklink database. I have no intention of keeping it. If anyone is interested shoot me an offer on PM and maybe we can work something out. USA buyers only please. I can provide some pictures via PM once I dig it out.

24 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

I just acquired one of these in a very large and clean bulk lot. Beautiful looking set. It should be complete but I still need to verify it  via the Bricklink database. I have no intention of keeping it. If anyone is interested shoot me an offer on PM and maybe we can work something out. USA buyers only please. I can provide some pictures via PM once I dig it out.

PM sent...the issues w/ these have always been yellowing/fading and stick condition

19 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Who knows when the UCS will come out? They said vote for A next UCS SW set not THE next.

Considering that LEGO typically needs about 2 years to develop a larger set including many design iterations, creating the instructions booklet and box-art, and producing sets in enough numbers for a decent release, I would say a May 2021 release is the earliest possible date, but more likely LEGO is aiming for a Fall 2021 or May 2022 release.

On 2/25/2020 at 5:04 PM, terrymc4677 said:
Plot twist...The copy I obtained in my recent bulk lot is actually brand new & sealed. Nice little surprise. $20 on joe vs Dan isn’t interested in a new copy, so it’s available to anyone else who may be interested. Shoot me a PM. Otherwise it’s heading to Bricklink & eBay this weekend.

Nice! Where in the world do you find bulk lots with surprise NIB Republic Gunships though? My bulk lots only come with surprise broken crayons, M&Ms and miscellaneous broken toys thrown in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/26/2020 at 6:25 AM, Shortbus311 said:
On 2/25/2020 at 5:04 PM, terrymc4677 said:
Plot twist...The copy I obtained in my recent bulk lot is actually brand new & sealed. Nice little surprise. $20 on joe vs Dan isn’t interested in a new copy, so it’s available to anyone else who may be interested. Shoot me a PM. Otherwise it’s heading to Bricklink & eBay this weekend.

Nice! Where in the world do you find bulk lots with surprise NIB Republic Gunships though? My bulk lots only come with surprise broken crayons, M&Ms and miscellaneous broken toys thrown in.

My last LEGO lot had a .22 bullet casing mixed in for fun.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

The Republic Gunships, in all their releases, have had a great track record for holding value. I think because each one has been different enough to not hurt the value of the others.

I think the idea of a UCS gunship doesn't really make sense, because a ship much larger, would not be that much bigger to be true to scale. So I would not be looking forward to a UCS gunship.

I seem to get lucky and stumble upon a nice local bulk lot every now and then. The last one I bought had a few unopened sets mixed in. This was one of them.

I sold my Gunship on eBay a couple weeks ago. $460 shipped. Any guess on who my buyer was........?? Toycentric. He must have sold his phantom stock on Amazon for $525-$550ish and he hired me to fulfill his order. Fingers crossed his buyer doesn’t pull a fast one on him, because then it will come back on me.

He’s bought from me a couple of dozen times over the past couple of years with no issues, so I’m not terribly concerned. As soon as he gives me one sniff of trouble though he’s getting blocked.
  • Like 4