NINJAGO DISCONTINUED IN 2013?!?!

Ed Mack

I guess that that this true...it's just that creating a idea on CUUSOO that only would include 100-150 pieces would be a waste of time really. It would be wayy too small and with AFOL's that have the "bigger is better" philosophy that wouldn't work....

Well, there are some CUUSOO projects I've come across (and support) proposing an idea for a series or theme of 'mini' builds that are actually quite good. So who knows, if the overall idea is good enough, maybe LEGO will release a series of smaller CUUSOO sets.

Like this Micro-Mecha Series or Tiny Trucks CUUSOO project.

There are enough quality CUUSOO designs to cater to every type of LEGO fan. I really think LEGO needs to make multiple CUUSOO sets. When I say multiple, at least 5 new sets a year. The creativity some of these MOC designers exhibit is wonderful...even better than LEGO itself. I think it could be their best theme, hands down, if enough sets were produced annually.

I think the whole CUUSOO project could turn out to be one of LEGO's best ideas as well.

Just as soon as we actually start getting sets supported & produced.

There really needs to be a better way to get the word out on these projects. With youtube videos, flickr galleries, other web sites even, how can after all that it still be so difficult to get support? There's how many people in the world, and all any project needs is 10,000 of them? Ten thousand is alot, but again, we're talking the entire world people!

Besides, how much easier could the CUUSOO website get really? All you do is join & support! That's it. Don't have to give any wierd personal information or take some kind of survey. (I hate surveys!)

I will admit the review process does take forever! But the review cycles may change depending on how well those CUUSOO projects start to flood in.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there are some CUUSOO projects I've come across (and support) proposing an idea for a series or theme of 'mini' builds that are actually quite good. So who knows, if the overall idea is good enough, maybe LEGO will release a series of smaller CUUSOO sets.

Like this Micro-Mecha Series or Tiny Trucks CUUSOO project.

I guess so. I have also seen some other very popular "mini" series ideas on CUUSOO (such as: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/15229 and http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/167)

BTW, Have you seen this model: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/29614 -it got 7,500 votes in 3 1/2 hours!!!

Edit: Updated the second link! Thanks to TheOrcKing for pointing that out!

I guess so. I have also seen some other very popular "mini" series ideas on CUUSOO (such as: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/15229 and http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/167)

BTW, Have you seen this model: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/29614 -it got 7,500 votes in 3 1/2 hours!!!

Yes, I've seen that Mini Shop Series project. In fact I have it listed on my CUUSOO - Project Picks thread as well as some others you may be interested in. I've also seen that Purdue Pete. Pretty amazing to get that kind of support!

Umm...the second link doesn't work so I don't know what to say there.

Yes, I've seen that Mini Shop Series project. In fact I have it listed on my CUUSOO - Project Picks thread as well as some others you may be interested in. I've also seen that Purdue Pete. Pretty amazing to get that kind of support!

Umm...the second link doesn't work so I don't know what to say there.

I have updated the link, so you can go there now(!) -all I need to do was change a bit of code and it worked. For the Purdue Pete idea, I think that all of the university students must have voted for it! :P Just checked it and it currently has over 8,740 -yesterday it had around 6,600! I definitely think that it will reach the magic 10,000 number by the end of the week!

I have updated the link, so you can go there now(!) -all I need to do was change a bit of code and it worked. For the Purdue Pete idea, I think that all of the university students must have voted for it! :P Just checked it and it currently has over 8,740 -yesterday it had around 6,600! I definitely think that it will reach the magic 10,000 number by the end of the week!

Thanks for fixin' the link!

Not sure if I saw that "Piano" project before (might have come across it but forgot).

Very nice build and superb minifigs!

Oh, and "Purdue Pete" was FULLY SUPPORTED!

And now we play the waiting game....

Oh, and "Purdue Pete" was FULLY SUPPORTED!

And now we play the waiting game....

Yup! Purdue Pete received 10,000 supporters and came in at 35 hours and 15-20 minutes (a little bit less than 36 hours -their target). Apparently the Purdue University got right behind the campaign and set up iPad booths at high traffic locations around the campus, along with mention in the school newspaper -plus sending out mass emails, telling people via Facebook and YouTube (with a promo video). They really wanted this 18" model to get 10,000 in the fastest time possible. For more information about the Purdue Pete CUUSOO campaign, more images and the promo video, go here: http://brickextra.com/2012/10/26/lego-cuusoo-purdue-pete/

The time that "Purdue Pete" got support is just astonishing! This is one for the book of Guiness World Records!

(I'm sure it'll be in the next printing of that.) "Pete" got supported quicker than even the "Minecraft" project! (And that one was fast!)

If lil' "Pete" could get this kind of support, think of what could be done for the many other great CUUSOO's!

Realistically, I know that not every project can get this kind of help.

But atleast now we know that such a feat is possible if we all band together!

Hey, I had no idea who "Purdue Pete" was until a couple of days ago.

But if my support can help someone else achieve their dream, why not?

The time that "Purdue Pete" got support is just astonishing! This is one for the book of Guiness World Records!

(I'm sure it'll be in the next printing of that.) "Pete" got supported quicker than even the "Minecraft" project! (And that one was fast!)

The Minecraft project got the magic 10,000 votes in 48 hours, I am told. This Purdue Pete model received an amazing amount of support (10,000 supporters in 35 hours and 15-20 minutes!). It will probably appear in the 2014 Guinness World Records book. Here is the official comment from LEGO:

Congratulations on 10,000 Supporters, SanDSanM!

Boiler up! Wow, did the supporters for this project ever roll in quickly. You've made a very nice sculpture of Purdue Pete, and as your fellow classmates and alumni have shown, it looks like he'd would find a nice home on quite a number of desks and shelves!

More than anything, the success you achieved with this projects shows us what can happen when passionate, niche communities connect around a shared dream of potentially having their own LEGO product. Further it is inspiring to read your story in the Purdue Exponent about how the LEGO brick has become your artistic medium of choice.

Congratulations on achieving 10,000 supporters. We now officially advance this project to the Review phase.

What happens now?

This project moves from the Idea stage to the Review stage. A "LEGO Review Board" composed of designers, product managers, and other key team members will examine the idea. We'll build concept models and determine if the concept meets our high standards for what it takes to be a LEGO product. This includes factors such as playability, safety, and fit with the LEGO brand. Every potential LEGO product goes through a process like this and must meet the same standards.

The LEGO Review Begins in December

This project qualifies for the quarterly review beginning in December, which will also include all other projects that reach 10,000 between now and December 3. For more information about the quarterly review process, see this blog post.

The review is a thorough process and from its start, and can take several months. When finished, we make a "go/no go" decision to develop and sell a product based on the Purdue Pete concept.

When the review is complete, we will inform you of our decision. If green-lit, this project goes into the longest phase of the project; the Development phase. During this time, LEGO model designers refine the product and develop it for release, we create the product materials (box, instructions, marketing), and get everything ready for a production run. This also takes several months.

We will post follow-up information and our decision here.

The LEGO CUUSOO Team

Considering that December is practically around the corner, atleast we won't have too much longer to see which

one(s) of those CUUSOO projects will get the 'go ahead' or 'get canned'.

So far, here's the list of the Summer & Fall projects still in review!

EVE Online - Rifter

Back to the Future - DeLorean Time Machine

The Legend of Zelda

Modular Western Town

And here's the ones currently up for review by December.

Thinking with Portals!

UCS - Sandcrawler

Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Purdue Pete

Here's the page that should have the results of the Summer & Fall projects, but instead we get this.

Status of the Summer and Fall LEGO Reviews

For crying out loud, it has been months since those achieved full support! What's the problem here, guys? At this rate, we'll end up hearing the results (if we EVER do) after the Winter reviews!! A quarterly review means just that, every quarter, not waiting till the end of the year!

This is just ridiculous, they say they already have the results but are working out some 'final details'.

Like what?! The least LEGO could do is give us a hint, throw us a bone, SOMETHING!!!

But this is just bloody maddening!!

Besides, how the heck can they start reviews on the next set of projects, if the prior ones haven't been completed yet! Ugh, I am going to be SOOOO ticked off if when we finally do get those results, we end up finding out each one was rejected anyway! Yeah, great way of jerking us around LEGO! Sheesh....

Well anyhow, hopefully something will be resolved not too far down the road. Otherwise LEGO will end up just having to reject the Summer & Fall projects on the basis they couldn't get whatever the heck it was that needed to be solved in time.

Trying not to be pesimistic, but we all have been more than patient. There's only so long you can dangle a carrot in front of the horse before it quits is all I'm saying!

It is a bit silly to say that they already know that results, but they don't want to tell us.Especially when these projects archived the 10,000 votes ages ago! In May, or something! And they still don't know the fate of their creations! That blog post that they did didn't say anything (except for: "you have to wait even longer for the results!"). It is just plain crazy....

Trying to figure out when and where the original topic of this post got lost....

This topic was organically meant to be about the immensely popular Ninjago theme ending in 2013. But I started talking about CUUSOO and now TheOrcKing and I are just talking about CUUSOO projects, etc.

BTW, congrats on being top of the Brick Points leader board! You have 2240 Brick Points! -I have only got 1054 and I am seventh on the leader board!:P

This topic was organically meant to be about the immensely popular Ninjago theme ending in 2013. But I started talking about CUUSOO and now TheOrcKing and I are just talking about CUUSOO projects, etc.

BTW, congrats on being top of the Brick Points leader board! You have 2240 Brick Points! -I have only got 1054 and I am seventh on the leader board!:P

Oh and thanks by the way about the brick points FYI most of my points are beacuse I am fairly new to this and have tons and tons of questions lol!!!

Oh and thanks by the way about the brick points FYI most of my points are beacuse I am fairly new to this and have tons and tons of questions lol!!!

Same with me! I only joined on September 11th 2012! And I only started participating in the forums like a week ago! 500 of my points are from doing a guest article on the BrickVesting blog and another 500 is from registering! :P

Same with me! I only joined on September 11th 2012! And I only started participating in the forums like a week ago! 500 of my points are from doing a guest article on the BrickVesting blog and another 500 is from registering! :P

where is your article, I cant find it, I want to read it.

Here it is: http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/blog/view/lego_vs_mega_bloks_and_other_clones

What do you think about it? ;)

ahh yes I read it sorry I read the the article when it was published just didnt realize you were the one who wrote it. Good article, you did a quality, fair assesment of the other bricks. I have a friend who is really into transformers and he loves MEGA BLOKS because of the transformers theme they do, I make fun of him all the time! I ask him everyday when he is going to step up to the big leagues and join the rest of us who think LEGO is far superior! lol

ahh yes I read it sorry I read the the article when it was published just didnt realize you were the one who wrote it. Good article, you did a quality, fair assesment of the other bricks. I have a friend who is really into transformers and he loves MEGA BLOKS because of the transformers theme they do, I make fun of him all the time! I ask him everyday when he is going to step up to the big leagues and join the rest of us who think LEGO is far superior! lol

Thanks! I always try and do the best at what I do! :) I don't think Mega Bloks does a Transformers theme (I think that KRE-O does.....) "Step up to the big leagues"! LOL!:P

You are right! We were talking about Ninjago in 2013, then CUUSOO projects and now copies of LEGO! What next? :P

How about Hasbro bringing back those stupid Furbies!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

......Anywho, did anyone hear that KRE-O will be doing GI-JOE sets next year?

Oh great, still off topic....umm....

The last wave of NINJAGO sets look cool.