NINJAGO DISCONTINUED IN 2013?!?!

Ed Mack

How about Hasbro bringing back those stupid Furbies!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Yeah, I noticed that they had brought them "back to life" a few weeks ago, when I went into my local toy store (to research prices of LEGO) and found a whole big stand with Furbies on it. The first thing I said was: "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" -Darth Vader style! :P I was okay with Furbies before (because they were an advancement in technology and they weren't so annoying back in 2000 -when they were launched!). But now Furbies are taking over the world with their stupidness!

......Anywho, did anyone hear that KRE-O will be doing GI-JOE sets next year?

Yeah. I had to research all about KRE-O for this article: http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/blog/view/lego_vs_mega_bloks_and_other_clones. They are also going to do Star Trek sets next year as well! Do you know that Hasbro owns KRE-O and Furbies! :P

The last wave of NINJAGO sets look cool.

I agree! The January 2013 wave of Ninjago sets look awesome (not that I'm going to get any of them! :P). I think that wave of sets is the best for Ninjago. :D See pics of the 2013 Ninjago sets here: http://brickextra.com/2012/10/11/lego-ninjago-2013-sets/.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a video with shots of the boxes for the last wave of Ninjago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D_WGvirQ0Xs#!

Yeah. I knew about those around a week to two weeks ago and I posted the pictures on my LEGO news website, BrickExtra (http://brickextra.com/). I have also posted pictures of nearly all of the 2013 sets on BrickExtra (TMNT, Ninjago, City, Creator, Bricks & More and loads of other themes as well). To see everything to do with 2013 in LEGO, go here: http://brickextra/tag/2013.

I noticed that the sets are numbered 70XXX, 5 digits.

In August or September, the first 2013 sets were revealed. Back then, I too noticed that LEGO has now gone for a 5-digit numbering system. Like for each different theme, there was two numbers for that theme to work on (take Ninjago, for example. This theme has 70XXX, whereas City has 60XXX). Having a five digit system will mean that LEGO has loads more numbering possibility then when they only had a 4 digit system.

They are also going to do Star Trek sets next year as well! Do you know that Hasbro owns KRE-O and Furbies! :P

What KRE-O will do with STAR TREK would be interesting to say the least.

Yes, I know Hasbro owns both of those copyrights.

Kind of wierd agreement setup with KRE-O. It's a Hasbro license, but the work is done by Oxford.

I don't know how long Oxford has been doing their LEGO-knockoff toys (before KRE-O), but the company supposedly started off as far back as 1961 and it was called Dongjin Industries Corporation then. It took until 1992 before it was called Oxford. (Atleast according to Wikipedia.)

Soooo basically KRE-O sets are really Oxford sets based on Hasbro licenses.

As for the five-digit set numbers, I heard that every new set starting from next year will have that five number setup. I suppose the old four-digit setup is getting rather crowded and confusing.

Starting fresh with a new number system should make it easier on everyone.

On a side note, MEGA BLOKS will be doing sets based on STARCRAFT II next year.

I know MEGA BLOKS is....well....whatever, but these may actually be pretty cool.

(Course most of us probably have our own STARCRAFT MOC's by now!)

Kind of wierd agreement setup with KRE-O. It's a Hasbro license, but the work is done by Oxford.

I don't know how long Oxford has been doing their LEGO-knockoff toys (before KRE-O), but the company supposedly started off as far back as 1961 and it was called Dongjin Industries Corporation then. It took until 1992 before it was called Oxford. (Atleast according to Wikipedia.)

Soooo basically KRE-O sets are really Oxford sets based on Hasbro licenses.

Yeah. I don't really know how that works, but it sounds a little bit complicated. From what I have heard, Hasbro does the marketing and Oxford just produces the sets....a little bit of a weird arrangement if you ask me.

As for the five-digit set numbers, I heard that every new set starting from next year will have that five number setup. I suppose the old four-digit setup is getting rather crowded and confusing.

Starting fresh with a new number system should make it easier on everyone.

Yeah, you heard correctly. All of next year's sets will have the five digit set numbers. :)

On a side note, MEGA BLOKS will be doing sets based on STARCRAFT II next year.

I know MEGA BLOKS is....well....whatever, but these may actually be pretty cool.

(Course most of us probably have our own STARCRAFT MOC's by now!)

Yet more lincensed themes by Mega Bloks. They can't even think up their own themes (unlike LEGO -with Ninjago, etc.). LEGO will always be the best interlocking block toy in my book, anyway. None of the others (KRE-O, Mega Bloks) will ever compare to the shear awesomeness that is the LEGO Company. ;)

Yeah. I don't really know how that works, but it sounds a little bit complicated. From what I have heard, Hasbro does the marketing and Oxford just produces the sets....a little bit of a weird arrangement if you ask me.

It is a little complicated, but considering Oxfords quality in their own sets, it was a good business move on Hasbros part to employ Oxford to create practically everything, instead of trying to do it themselves again and end up with the same fiasco they had with their "Built to Rule" sets. (Man, those were godawful!)

Yet more lincensed themes by Mega Bloks. They can't even think up their own themes (unlike LEGO -with Ninjago, etc.). LEGO will always be the best interlocking block toy in my book, anyway. None of the others (KRE-O, Mega Bloks) will ever compare to the shear awesomeness that is the LEGO Company. ;)

I know, MEGA BLOKS has become nothing more than a license brand unfortunately. The last original theme they did was DRAGONS UNIVERSE I think, and the last set for that series was two years ago.

The current WORLD OF WARCRAFT sets don't keep my interest at all. I might have liked them if the sets were based on the earlier "Warcraft" strategy games, instead of that MMO game. I don't know, I just liked all of the units from those other games.

Of course with all of the LORD OF THE RINGS & THE HOBBIT sets from LEGO, I can have my own horde of Orcs!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh well, just makes my decision to always stick with LEGO much easier.

(I've noticed you've changed your avatar like three times already. Haven't found one that 'just clicks', yet?)

It is a little complicated, but considering Oxfords quality in their own sets, it was a good business move on Hasbros part to employ Oxford to create practically everything, instead of trying to do it themselves again and end up with the same fiasco they had with their "Built to Rule" sets. (Man, those were godawful!)

True..........I didn't know that Oxford did sets before Hasbro came along....

I know, MEGA BLOKS has become nothing more than a license brand unfortunately. The last original theme they did was DRAGONS UNIVERSE I think, and the last set for that series was two years ago.

Two years was a while ago. Doesn't Mega Bloks have any ideas for new original themes? They need to get some tips from LEGO about thinking up original themes! :P

Of course with all of the LORD OF THE RINGS & THE HOBBIT sets from LEGO, I can have my own horde of Orcs!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh well, just makes my decision to always stick with LEGO much easier.

Yeah. LEGO have done a great job with licensed themes (LOTR & The Hobbit) in particular). ;)

(I've noticed you've changed your avatar like three times already. Haven't found one that 'just clicks', yet?)

Yeah, still trying to find one that works. I think that I'll stick with this one though (the young anakin one).

Two years was a while ago. Doesn't Mega Bloks have any ideas for new original themes? They need to get some tips from LEGO about thinking up original themes! :P

Yeah really. Heck, they could ask any one of us for a half-arsed idea.

Yeah. LEGO have done a great job with licensed themes (LOTR & The Hobbit) in particular). ;)

I think so. The goblins in "The Goblin King Battle" are neat, although a little fugly! Heh heh.

(Not bad in design, I mean their designs make them look like ugly little buggers, which is good.)

On a odd note, I think that set is called "The Orc King Battle" in the UK (or somewhere else in the world?).

(Just tootin' my own horn here!)

Here's LEGOs own page for more pics & promo vids on THE HOBBIT sets.

The Hobbit - LEGO.com

Yeah, still trying to find one that works. I think that I'll stick with this one though (the young anakin one).

Sounds good.

......Wait......oh MY GOD!! WE'RE DOING IT AGAIN!! TALKING ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE BUT NINJAGO!!!!

THIS THREAD IS CURSED!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Yeah really. Heck, they could ask any one of us for a half-arsed idea.

They could! I bet I could come up with a original theme that would be way better than what Mega Bloks could come up with! :P

I think so. The goblins in "The Goblin King Battle" are neat, although a little fugly! Heh heh.

(Not bad in design, I mean their designs make them look like ugly little buggers, which is good.)

Fugly, you say! :P Yeah, the Goblin King Battle looks nice and I think that it would go well with the Orc Forge set that is in LOTR (even though they are from different movies and books).

On a odd note, I think that set is called "The Orc King Battle" in the UK (or somewhere else in the world?).

(Just tootin' my own horn here!)

When LEGO hadn't released much (or any) information on the Hobbit sets, a website that was in a foreign language posted set descriptions of the Hobbit 2013 sets. Because the descriptions had to be translated into English, the name of The Goblin King Battle set got a bit mixed up. Back then, it was called "The Orc King". Once LEGO revealed the set names for the sets, we then started calling that set by it's proper name (The Goblin King Battle). The same thing happened with the Riddles For The Ring set -previously it was called "Mystery of the Ring"! :P

Here's LEGOs own page for more pics & promo vids on THE HOBBIT sets.

The Hobbit - LEGO.com

Yeah....I have seen all of those..........my brother is very much into the LOTR and The Hobbit sets (in fact, he is making a LOTR stop-motion right now!) so he always likes to check all of the websites and see whether there is any more information on the sets.

......Wait......oh MY GOD!! WE'RE DOING IT AGAIN!! TALKING ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE BUT NINJAGO!!!!

THIS THREAD IS CURSED!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

The history of this topic: first we start talking about Ninjago ending in 2013, then I start talking about Legends of Chima, then there was this post (Which talks about quite a few things!): http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/S=dbe0008d93c95f8f299ee2f909639d9420264e55/forums/viewreply/4481/ . After that, we started talking a little bit about LEGO Avengers, then Star Wars, then LEGO RC cars, then CUUSOO projects, Purdue Pete LEGO model, Minecraft CUUSOO project, CUUSOO Review Process, my BrickVesting blog article, Mega Bloks and KRE-O, Furbies, Ninjago 2013 sets, Oxford, and more!!!

I bet I could come up with a original theme that would be way better than what Mega Bloks could come up with! :P

I'm sure you could. Wait, I take that back. I KNOW you could!

Once LEGO revealed the set names for the sets, we then started calling that set by it's proper name (The Goblin King Battle). The same thing happened with the Riddles For The Ring set -previously it was called "Mystery of the Ring"! :P

That makes sense. And yeah, I remember the confusion around "Riddles for the Ring". That was wierd.

my brother is very much into the LOTR and The Hobbit sets (in fact, he is making a LOTR stop-motion right now!) so he always likes to check all of the websites and see whether there is any more information on the sets.

That's cool. I would certainly like to see his short film when completed.

I really like both series of sets and look forward to the next two series of THE HOBBIT sets that will come out.

("The Desolation of Smoug" and "There & Back Again") I wonder how the dragon, Smoug, will be designed or built?

As for the THE HOBBIT sets coming very soon, I'm looking forward to the "Attack of the Wargs".

That was always a memorable scene for me, plus those Wargs are wicked awesome!

I'm sure you could. Wait, I take that back. I KNOW you could!

I know I can as well! Hey, maybe I should! :P

That makes sense. And yeah, I remember the confusion around "Riddles for the Ring". That was wierd.

Yeah, that was a little bit weird.....but I guess that's what you get when you use Google Translate! :P

That's cool. I would certainly like to see his short film when completed.

He might post it on YouTube. If he does, I will post the link to it here. He is still building the set for it (he is going to reenact the Weathertop scene (from The Fellowship of the Ring film) with his "Attack on Weathertop" LEGO set (except he modified it so that he'd have more room up the top to film).

I really like both series of sets and look forward to the next two series of THE HOBBIT sets that will come out.

("The Desolation of Smoug" and "There & Back Again") I wonder how the dragon, Smoug, will be designed or built?

Yeah. I can't wait either. Do you know that Escape from Mirkwood Spiders and Barrel Escape are both "preview sets" -which means that they aren't actually in the first movie (An Unexpected Journey). If you have read the book, you will know that it is quite small compared with some of the books that make up The Lord of the Rings. The LOTR books are fairly big and each one has it's own movie (Peter Jackson decided to pack story into three movies. Whereas the Hobbit book is very small and only ONE book, but it will have THREE movies! Do you get where I'm coming from? Peter Jackson is going to spread out the hobbit book over three whole movies, when the book is actually quite small. I think that he should have sticked with the original two movie plan myself...

As for the THE HOBBIT sets coming very soon, I'm looking forward to the "Attack of the Wargs".

That was always a memorable scene for me, plus those Wargs are wicked awesome!

Yeah. I agree! :) My brother (the same one that is doing a LOTR short film) says that he is going to purchase all of the LOTR and Hobbit sets so that he can do Middle-earth stop-motion videos. I also will buy the Riddles for the Ring set (just so that I can get Bilbo and Gollum at a cheap price! :P) and use the minifigures in that set to do brickfilms with. I will sometimes need to borrow a Frodo or two from my brother as he will have 3 Frodos by the time he has got all of the LOTR sets (shire frodo, shelob frodo, weathertop frodo).

I know I can as well! Hey, maybe I should! :P

Yeah....wait, give an original idea....to MEGA BLOKS?! Ah fudge 'em!

In the end, there can be only one! LEGO!!!!

Yeah. I can't wait either. Do you know that Escape from Mirkwood Spiders and Barrel Escape are both "preview sets" -which means that they aren't actually in the first movie (An Unexpected Journey). If you have read the book, you will know that it is quite small compared with some of the books that make up The Lord of the Rings. The LOTR books are fairly big and each one has it's own movie (Peter Jackson decided to pack story into three movies. Whereas the Hobbit book is very small and only ONE book, but it will have THREE movies! Do you get where I'm coming from? Peter Jackson is going to spread out the hobbit book over three whole movies, when the book is actually quite small. I think that he should have sticked with the original two movie plan myself...

I thought the scenes of those two sets you mentioned happened a lot later in the original story myself.

Plus, I don't remember Legolas being mentioned anywhere in "The Hobbit" book. (Been forever since I've read it.)

"The Hobbit" is smaller than the other "Lord of the Rings", but still a rather bulky book.

(I have the original hardbound book from god knows when. Not a first edition, but close.)

Yeah, I thought it seemed a little odd turning the one story into three whole fims. I thought there was only going to be one originally. That was my impression even after I finally saw a teaser trailer for "The Hobbit" movie (months ago).

I even remember the trailer then only saying "The Hobbit". There wasn't any subtitle, like "An Unexpected Journey".

Guess Peter Jackson wanted to keep that tidbit a secret until the very end.

Oh well, I love the story. So if Peter Jackson does a great job telling the story in its entirety across the three, then I have no qualms about him turning "The Hobbit" into a trilogy. I would rather have the long end of the story and see every detail, then have a brief synopsis to end up missing so much.

(Some films have fallen flat because of the parts they left out.)

Yeah....wait, give an original idea....to MEGA BLOKS?! Ah fudge 'em!

In the end, there can be only one! LEGO!!!!

Oh YEAH!!!! STUFF MEGA BLOKS!!! WE WILL NEVER HELP THEM IN THEIR FIGHT AGAINST LEGO!!!! mmuhhhahahahah! :P

Plus, I don't remember Legolas being mentioned anywhere in "The Hobbit" book. (Been forever since I've read it.)

Yeah. I too was surprised when I saw Legolas' name on the minifigures list for Escape from Mirkwood Spiders. Peter Jackson must have decided to add him in! :)

Yeah, I thought it seemed a little odd turning the one story into three whole fims. I thought there was only going to be one originally. That was my impression even after I finally saw a teaser trailer for "The Hobbit" movie (months ago).

I even remember the trailer then only saying "The Hobbit". There wasn't any subtitle, like "An Unexpected Journey".

Guess Peter Jackson wanted to keep that tidbit a secret until the very end.

Yeah. The Hobbit book seems a bit too small to deserve three movies in my opinion. Maybe one or two -but three???

Yeah. I too was surprised when I saw Legolas' name on the minifigures list for Escape from Mirkwood Spiders. Peter Jackson must have decided to add him in! :)

Heard that it is some kind of tie-in Peter Jackson did. I suppose since Legolas is from Mirkwood that this kinda of works, aleast loosely.

I also heard that Stephen Colbert is supposed to have a cameo in one of "The Hobbit" films.

Guessing a background character? No idea, it's hard not to notice someone like Colbert.

Huh, I wonder if any heavy duty fan of LEGO ever thought of naming their kid, Legolas!

(Corny I know, but what the heck.)

Heard that it is some kind of tie-in Peter Jackson did. I suppose since Legolas is from Mirkwood that this kinda of works, aleast loosely.

Yeah.....I guess it works somehow..... :)

Huh, I wonder if any heavy duty fan of LEGO ever thought of naming their kid, Legolas!

(Corny I know, but what the heck.)

Someone might have, but I don't want to go through Birth records trying to find one right now! :P

I think like any theme, there will be sets that just stay flat, but there will always be those special sets that will be wanted whether the cartoon is on or not. I am sure the cartoon is a driving force for the kids, but for AFOLs and soon to be AFOLs, they come across this theme and see some sets that they want to build. Good sets will be wanted by builders or investors.

Huh? :SI'm a little perplexed, too. Could you clarify there, Alpha13snake?I will preface this by saying I have never seen the movies, nor read the books. But have picked up the gist of the stories. The Hobbit takes place before the Ring trilogy. You follow Bilbo Baggins, which is Frodo's uncle if I am correct, on his and Gandalf's journey. Then you pick up Frodo's, and others, journey in the follow Ring trilogy. They are different stories, but linked together by plot and characters, with, like I said, the Hobbit taking place before the Ring stories.

Jason (Brickshow) seems to think that when the Ninjago cartoon ends the investment potential of the Ninjago sets will crash. What does everyone else think? Does this theme have staying power even without a cartoon to back it?

LEGO did a really good job with the Ninjago theme. They created a good theme and TV show that proved to be a hit among KFOL's and TFOL's. I don't think that Ninjago would have been as popular if it didn't have a cartoon to back it up. Ninjago would just be a few sets (with a loose storyline) if it didn't have the cartoon to strengthen it. That's just my opinion, though.

I will preface this by saying I have never seen the movies, nor read the books. But have picked up the gist of the stories. The Hobbit takes place before the Ring trilogy. You follow Bilbo Baggins, which is Frodo's uncle if I am correct, on his and Gandalf's journey. Then you pick up Frodo's, and others, journey in the follow Ring trilogy. They are different stories, but linked together by plot and characters, with, like I said, the Hobbit taking place before the Ring stories.

I have not seen the movie (it hasn't come out yet), but I have read The Hobbit original book. I suggest that you read The Hobbit book and then all of the LOTR books (The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and Return of the King) in order. Then, you can watch all of the movies. That is what I am doing and I think that it will make a better experience with Tolkien's books. :)

LEGO did a really good job with the Ninjago theme. They created a good theme and TV show that proved to be a hit among KFOL's and TFOL's. I don't think that Ninjago would have been as popular if it didn't have a cartoon to back it up. Ninjago would just be a few sets (with a loose storyline) if it didn't have the cartoon to strengthen it. That's just my opinion, though.

Also, I forgot to add that the new Legends of Chima theme that will be replacing Ninjago (with battle cycles, cards and animal-looking figures) will have 30 minute episodes for a Legends of Chima TV show (source: http://brickextra.com/2012/09/27/lego-legends-of-chima-storyline/)-so obviously LEGO is trying to bring with them the success of the Ninjago theme and TV show onto the new LOC theme and TV show. The question remains though, will LOC actually be popular among Ninjago fans? LEGO have said that Ninjago fans will have wished that Ninjago had ended sooner when they see the new Chima theme, but I'm not so sure.....

I still have (and read) original editions of The Hobbit & The Lord of Rings, so I certainly know the storyline.

It's just that Alpha's post was worded rather oddly, and confused me.

Anyway, to get back on track.

There is the possiblity for NINJAGO to wane in popularity and value without the animated series. I think that when the entire series is discontinued, while young kids may become interested in something else like LEGENDS OF CHIMA, the 'true' fans will try and collect those last few items of NINJAGO they're still missing. I like NINJAGO myself and will try to do the same for those few last sets I missed from before. The cartoon definately helped getting the kid market interested. As for the rest of us what can I say, people LOVE ninjas!

I believe LEGENDS OF CHIMA will be the next NINJAGO, in terms of sales and popularity. Maybe even be a little quicker of an investment, too. Does anybody remember the popularity behind "ThunderCats" and all the action figures & toys surrounding that when they were a kid? I'm just saying LEGO's LEGENDS OF CHIMA could have the same effect. Besides, it's been a long time since we've seen LEGO come out with a such a uniquely original theme, like the way BIONICLE was. How can these not be worthwhile someday?

I don't really care, cause I'M GETTING THEM ALL!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!