3315 - Olivia's House

cflannagan

Here is a decent deal on Olivia's House.  KMart.com has it listed for $57.34.  You can buy 2 and combine it with the $10 off $100 in toys code KPLAY10 and it brings the price down to $52.34 each.  You can also use EBates and get an additional 6% cash back.  KMart still isn't listed under the retail store section, so I thought I'd post this here.

if you are near a shopko they have them on clearance right now for $56. stack them with the $10 off of $50 coupon that was emailed to rewards members last week (good until 7/28 I believe), and you can get it for $46. I picked up 8 of them.

Is there a link to this coupon?  Can you use it without being a rewards member?

I have eight shopko stores near me that I frequent often. currently they have 3315 Olivia's house on clearance for $56 plus tax. if you stack their current $10 off $50 purchase coupon, you can get these for $46 plus tax. in my area tax is 5.5%, so mine came to $48.52/ each after tax. this is a petty solid deal on one of the larger and more popular friends sets. I have attached a link to the coupon. print as many as you need, and u will need to do separate transactions if you are buying more than one. I suggest using different cashiers as well since they only allow one coupon per person per visit. you need to be a rewards member to use the coupon, but if you are not one already it is free to sign up. the coupon is good through 7/27. good luck!http://e.shopko.com/a/hBR57yuB8ffmrB8z7RRAABnqq7n/coupon

• Like 1

Great deal. Wish my Shopko wasn't an hour away. Given that in the recent wave of Friends sets, they have started to do duplicate sets for the other characters (new sports car, different bedroom, etc), I really hope they do the same for this house. Having this as the first house could be big...

• 4 weeks later...

I would return Olivias house. I see the Bat Cave as a strong set from a licensed theme that traditionally does well investment wise. With Olivia's house, we don't know much. Some of the smaller Friends sets that have retired are doing well (Butterfly Beauty Shop comes to mind), but those sets have had much shorter production runs than Olivias House. Who knows? Olivias House may turn out to be a winner, but I think you have a stronger guarantee with Bat Cave.

Here's a nickle. Can I get my three cents change? (Ha ha -- see what I did there?)

I think long term Olivia's house will do much better. The potential growth for the friends series is quite high right now. I look at it this way, half the population in this country is women. Up til now lego hasn't had a line that had a great appeal to women. So in the future you are going to have a growing segment of women collectors who are going to want these early sets. My daughter loves her Olivia's house and I think it's a great set. That being said it is a more riskier investment and will take more time to see good returns. I could see the friends line being for women want the Star Wars line is for guys and maybe even bigger.

That's my 1.cent worth of advice.

I think long term Olivia's house will do much better. The potential growth for the friends series is quite high right now. I look at it this way, half the population in this country is women. Up til now lego hasn't had a line that had a great appeal to women. So in the future you are going to have a growing segment of women collectors who are going to want these early sets. My daughter loves her Olivia's house and I think it's a great set. That being said it is a more riskier investment and will take more time to see good returns. I could see the friends line being for women want the Star Wars line is for guys and maybe even bigger.

That's my 1.cent worth of advice.

I really hope you are right. I just have trouble believing that adult women are going to "need" Lego sets with the same intensity as male AFOLS. Thats why Im not yet convinced that Friends sets make such great long term investments. That being said, I have 10 Olivia Houses so I really mean it when I say I hope you are right and I am wrong!

Pretty weird bundle thing on Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kids-Favorite-Toys-Collection-Your-Pick-for-59/22270701?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=22270701&sourceid=1500000000000003260420

But you can select Olivia's House, and with store pickup it's only 59 plus tax!

Hi I am new to lego friends . I was looking to get my DD this and I seen your post. when I put it in the cart it shows the other set not her house. am I doing something wrong. just would like to get this for the best price I can. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Different price point, so sort of hard to compare. Unless you just want to compare ROI percentages. Friends stuff is hot, but Olivia's House seems to be the easiest of the bigger sets to still get, so wondering about the longer term growth. Or if they'll ever retire it. Hopefully they come out with a new house (not just the beach house) to make a series out of them.

My entry point were 48 or lower for Olivia and 35 or lower for Funhouse. You snoozed on the Funhouse sale at TRU last couple week, you have no choice at this point or find a few coupons. Buy Olivia, it's the first big Friends set that was widely distributed aside from the Riding Camp that was only at TRU and LEGO Shop at Home. Funhouse is a safer bet. You want to hit a double or triple go for Olivia. Funhouse will definitely be a single.

I love the Funhouse given the minifigs it comes with, but this set is so hoarded it's gonna be a long while before it makes serious money for its owners.  I'm cautiously optimistic about Olivia's house, but it needs to go away soon too

ya i think your right. im still going to be optimistic that the set will do good in a few years =)