3315 - Olivia's House

cflannagan

Different price point, so sort of hard to compare. Unless you just want to compare ROI percentages. Friends stuff is hot, but Olivia's House seems to be the easiest of the bigger sets to still get, so wondering about the longer term growth. Or if they'll ever retire it. Hopefully they come out with a new house (not just the beach house) to make a series out of them.

not many collectors are stock piling Olivia house. Most for gifts that will be opened for heavy duty playing. Funhouse? I believe thousands are keep in private homes in mint unopened condition.

TODAY ONLY (Dec 16, 2013).

Sears.ca today has Olivia's House (3315) for $67.49 (that's 25% off from $89.99). However, they also
have a promo code: 941612370 that gives you $50 off $200 or more.

So, to maximize on the savings. Buy 3 Olivia's House (3315) @ 67.49 each. Comes to : $202.47. Use 
Promo code: 941612370, which brings the total down to $152.47. Works out to $50.82 each.

Total % savings after promo code is: 43.5%

n175.jpg
  • Like 1

Code only works once?

I had my order to be picked up at the store (two orders) i was able to use it more than once (the $50 off $200). I just had to alter my billing address..

The first order my address was: 123 STREET APT 456. 

The second order my address was 456-123 STREET.

Also, change your phone number if you have more than one number. 

Good to know, thanks. Looks like I'll be checking sears.ca every day this week to catch rotating discounts on LEGO. Its changing daily!

For sure.  I was able to pick up quite a few City Corner Cafes 25% off + promo codes and picked them up instore.  Did the same for Weathertop.

They don't have the greatest selection, but a few winners in there if you use sale+promo+sears card (although the Sears reward system is terrible compared to what it used to be)

Sears has a bunch of promo codes: $10 off, $20 off, $50 off, 30% off, 40% off. All of these have requirements... like the $10 off is for $25 or more, and the $50 off is for $200 or more.

Do you have all these codes handy? I don't know where they advertised other than what people post here.

Speaking of sears.ca, I just received multiple sets today from them. WHAT A DISASTER! None of those 16 sets are in good shape! I even have two FRIENDS sets that those idiots put the sticker directly on the box! I'm going to a Sears store tomorrow and I'll return them all and I'll negotiate some sort of compensation. I received 4 sets of LOTR Attack on Weathertop a few weeks ago and the boxes were close to mint. I remember writing in the instructions for shipping something like : "Please pack carefully. Collector's boxes." Then I ordered these 16 and waited for them. A few days later, I read a message somewhere in this forum saying we'd better make sears.ca ship the boxes to a store so we can return the items immediately. I did that for the next orders I placed with them.

So beware about Sears shipping LEGO boxes to you. No outer boxes : just plain plastic bag. So much for a "deal"...

The stickers I got on my boxes came off easily.  The Friends boxes were mixed...some good, some with more shelf wear, but all in all, not bad.

I even got the Friends sets in time to flip three before Christmas.  Sold the Cafes For $50 each and an Olivia's House for $95.  A quick profit and early present for me!

Veggs, you're right, the stickers can be removed pretty easily and leave no trace whatsoever. But next time, I'll make them ship directly to a store nearby. I received the Friends Tree House (8x) and they were in mint or close to mint shape.

Merry christmas to you all!

• 3 weeks later...