Helm's Deep vs Pirate Ship Ambush ?

As the title goes, do you think Helm's deep might do better because it is way more iconic than Pirate Ship? I kinda feel like that, allthough ships just have a winner all over, but still while a pirate ship you get 0 pirates (well 1 sigh) so it kinda feels lacking towards any other previous big set pirate ship released, while Helm's deep is one if not most iconic momments of 2nd movie. thoughts and insights appreciated :)

Helms Deep will be retired prior to Pirate Ship Ambush even being released. You may see them initially on the shelves together as retailers work the last of the first wave of LOTR inventory out of their systems, but these tow sets will not be contemporaries of one another and really shouldn't be judged head to head. Use the profits from your sales of the Helms Deep sets you'll hopefully be selling at a healthy markup to fund purchases of discount Pirate Ships heading into the 2014 Christmas season when they reach retirement. For what its worth I think Helms Deep, being larger and more iconic, will have the higher ceiling than Pirate Ambush when all's said and done. Its a $30 price difference after all, not really a fair comparison...

I do believe Helm's Deep will do better, but I am uncertain how well the Pirate Ship will be received by non-LOTR fans. The ships were just a minor part in the movies, so I think if ship collectors absolutely love it, then it does have the potential to overtake Helm's Deep. I don't think it will, but ships have proven to be very popular from all lines, such as the Ninjago Destiny's Bounty

I'm gonna go with Helms Deep its a way better deal I mean look at it, Retail price- 129.99 USD, pieces- 1368, price per piece- 9.502 cents. Now the Pirate ship, Retail price- 99.99 USD, pieces 756, price per piece- 13.226 cents............... Helms Deep is the one to go with because its bigger and better. Also I know people love building on to there Helms Deep with all those little 30 buck sets so that might be a goos investment too... I don't know, its just a thought.

Helms Deep will be retired prior to Pirate Ship Ambush even being released. You may see them initially on the shelves together as retailers work the last of the first wave of LOTR inventory out of their systems, but these tow sets will not be contemporaries of one another and really shouldn't be judged head to head. Use the profits from your sales of the Helms Deep sets you'll hopefully be selling at a healthy markup to fund purchases of discount Pirate Ships heading into the 2014 Christmas season when they reach retirement. For what its worth I think Helms Deep, being larger and more iconic, will have the higher ceiling than Pirate Ambush when all's said and done. Its a $30 price difference after all, not really a fair comparison...

yes I know Helm's deep will be retired before Ship comes out BUT, question is, is it better to get Helm's Deep or wait for Pirate ship to sell within 1,5 years

Both sets should do well. Though for your specific situation Helm's Deep looks to be the better option. Helm's deep is a likely winner as it's big and an iconic part of the films. It's a little more uncertain how Pirate Ship will do given limited info and no release yet to gauge sales, plus it wasn't in the movies only briefly, but on the positive it's a ship!