• Ireland
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Japan
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Antarctica

Hi All.  

I am adding to the overabundance of 30 somthing guys here (31 myself).  Although my wife (28) participates in my lego madness also she will be a silent partner. I am also getting my 2 year old son his hoard of duplos to start with.

Hi all,

31 y/o from Ireland. Got back into Lego about 18 months ago. Initial intention was to buy something small each month..... so you an guess how that has turned out! Now collecting UCS SW, architecture, Modulars,Creator Expert and pretty much anything that catches my eye - (money and wife dependent of course) :) 

Looking forward to contributing here. 

22 hours ago, Ballers said:

Hi all,

31 y/o from Ireland. Got back into Lego about 18 months ago. Initial intention was to buy something small each month..... so you an guess how that has turned out! Now collecting UCS SW, architecture, Modulars,Creator Expert and pretty much anything that catches my eye - (money and wife dependent of course) :) 

Welcome.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Male in my 20's. Got interested in Lego a few years ago after being disinterested in late teens. I joined BP earlier this year, but I've only read forums so this is my first post. If anybody has any recommendations on great sets I would love to hear. Last one I bought was 75060 Slave 1, now I'm looking for another good set. I'm also interested in investment advice (have a few sets MISB waiting for retirement and looking to buy some more). Thanks!

• Like 1

On 09/10/2016 at 9:22 PM, Ballers said:

Hi all,

Welcome, I'm from just up the road in Belfast!

• Like 1

On 10/9/2016 at 9:22 PM, Ballers said:

Hi all,

And how is my number one customer? :D

• Like 2

Not super surprised by the numbers, but thought there would have been more old farts like myself (54).  Although I my prime lego playing years were when I was in my late 30s when my kids were kids (which seems to be the biggest age group).  Haven't done a large project in over a year, but gathering assorted lego from around the house for the next one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm just recently coming out of the dark ages as an AFOL of Technic. Set 8070 got me interested and now my collection is growing rapidly (not to mention, burning a big hole in my deep pockets lol. I collect for enjoyment as well as some extra sets on the side for future investment that I manage to find good deals on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am a fifty-two year old, newly retired veterinarian. So feel free to ask any VET related questions. I will do my best to help you out. My wife is also a veterinarian and she is much brighter, younger and better looking then me.

We have five children: Ten, Eight, Seven, Three and One month. The oldest is our only boy. They all, with exception of the baby, love LEGO just like their dad.

This year I became serious about collecting sets and the past few months I have been particularly immersed in same. I found this site by doing an internet search and I am so thankful for finding it.

I hope that i can contribute some good tips to the readers. Goodness knows I have enough time during the day to look for online deals. I am resuming my bike racing next April and have to spend inordinate amounts of time on my indoor trainer now that the weather has turned.

Thanks to the moderators and admin people. I really appreciate all that you do.

Paul the vet.

Edited by Summit
typo
  • Like 4

Hello hello hello! Happy 2017! What better way to start the new year than to get serious about LEGO!! I'm a 35+ male living in Canada and I've always been fond of LEGO all my life. I've collected comics for most of my life and that made way for comic-related statues and collectibles and I think I'm nuts but I'm going to seriously look at getting involved in the LEGO community now.

Growing up, I remember one Christmas my parents bought me a pirate-themed LEGO set. I can't remember what happened to it but I remember playing the heck out of it. I also had a bunch of loose pieces and I think there was a medieval-theme set as well that I got. I remember carrying all the loose bits and all my minifigs in my red TMNT Thermos lunchbox.

Fast forward to now and I'm just amazed at all the cool sets that are being produced so I said to myself that for 2017, I would like to get some sets and go back into my childhood. I was in the airport waiting for my plane to visit Montreal for Christmas so I had a couple of hours to waste and I ended up spending every minute looking at LEGO-related sites on my iPad and that's also when I found this forum. This forum has already given me a bunch of information and tools to help me navigate the LEGO world and what to look for and what to avoid so I hope my journey this year will be full of joy and wonders!

Hey all,

I'm from Germany and 30 years old. As a kid I was a total LEGO addict, but who wasn't? Had a lot of the old space themes, some castles and western too. 

In early december i got a giftcard and decided to pick a nice LEGO set as deco, then i realized what marvelous sets exist. Some more googling and i found this site which got me into lego investing.

Looking forward to lern a lot from this community.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thanatos2pi said:

Hey all,

I'm from Germany and 30 years old. As a kid I was a total LEGO addict, but who wasn't? Had a lot of the old space themes, some castles and western too. 

In early december i got a giftcard and decided to pick a nice LEGO set as deco, then i realized what marvelous sets exist. Some more googling and i found this site which got me into lego investing.

Looking forward to lern a lot from this community.

Welcome.

I'm 41 years old. I have a son his 9  Got back to building 6 years ago when my son was about 3 I went to my local toys r us. And I bought him 2 sets of city lego. I help him build them. I had so much fun building Lego's with my son, I'm running out of space in my house. I own almost 500 hundred misb sets. Mostly Star Wars. Plus all the ones we have 'built together.  

Hello everyone. At 28 years old, I've recently really gotten back in to the game.  I was introduced to Legos as a boy thanks to my dad and found myself in what I'd call my "dusk ages" from 15 to the last couple of years.  I say "dusk ages" because my dad and I kept the Lego tradition going by buying each other Technic sets each Christmas all the way up to this last one when I received the 42038 Arctic Truck and I got him the Ideas Caterham.  I've got a passion for the Technic sets and cars/motorcycle Legos, but have really considered getting in to buying/reselling to better fund my obsession.  

4 minutes ago, AFOL_JZ said:

Hello everyone. At 28 years old, I've recently really gotten back in to the game.  I was introduced to Legos as a boy thanks to my dad and found myself in what I'd call my "dusk ages" from 15 to the last couple of years.  I say "dusk ages" because my dad and I kept the Lego tradition going by buying each other Technic sets each Christmas all the way up to this last one when I received the 42038 Arctic Truck and I got him the Ideas Caterham.  I've got a passion for the Technic sets and cars/motorcycle Legos, but have really considered getting in to buying/reselling to better fund my obsession.  

Hello and welcome. Technic is one of the themes that has consistently had high quality releases imo.

3 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Hello and welcome. Technic is one of the themes that has consistently had high quality releases imo.

Thanks c_rpg!  I couldn't agree more.  The complexity of the mechanics that they fit in to those small packages is impressive as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2013 at 4:03 PM, comicblast said:

I would just like to know how old everyone here on Brickpicker is plus what gender. Just wondering if there are a bunch of youngish men/women or oldish men/women. Thanks.

PS: If you aren't comfortable giving your age, I am not pressuring you. ;)

Hi I'm 36 yrs. old

On 3/3/2013 at 7:48 PM, kerrmando said:

It makes me laugh how there are no younger women on here into legos whatsoever...