79004 - Barrel Escape

Around 1500 sold and it's relisted again. I havent received any ship notice yet, hell I havent received a ship notice from part of my cyber monday order yet. But isnt there some serious repercussions if they dont ship on ebay, like feedback and lost final value fees? I would imagine 5% or whatever a high volume seller pays in fees would hurt after so many units sold, and the large amount of feedback on 100s of orders from obvious resellers who are mad.

Around 1500 sold and it's relisted again. I havent received any ship notice yet, hell I havent received a ship notice from part of my cyber monday order yet. But isnt there some serious repercussions if they dont ship on ebay, like feedback and lost final value fees? I would imagine 5% or whatever a high volume seller pays in fees would hurt after so many units sold, and the large amount of feedback on 100s of orders from obvious resellers who are mad.

Yeah, they'd be in for some serious feedback hurtin' if they didn't ship. Probably just backed up. I'm still waiting on one of my orders from Dec 1st from the regular TRU site.

To clear shelf space in their warehouse. If their inventory plan showed a drop for this set in FY2104, and they hadn't sold the number they expected in FY 2013, they need to move product fast. The best way to do this is lower prices to move stock. This sale doesn't mean this set will be EOL, it just means it hasn't sold as expected and TRU wants to get rid of some.

That said, it may EOL, and now's a great time to stock up on this set.

Well If its not selling well .. why would they continue to put in another PO for a item that was never selling. Most likely would be in the works of EOL of TRU (exclusive retailer) no longer wants to carry/sell it.

LEGO Shop at Home is showing that this set is backordered with a ship date in early January.  That typically means that it's not going EOL this year.

wasent saying ti would retire this year, just that it would retire soon, as in maybe the next couple months, that will still give it just over a year production run.

lol too funny .. lego.com is sold out at msrp (sell faster than they can supply) .. TRU has to many cant sell fast enough has to discount it 50%. The irony

I guess thats what happens when you are TRU and always charging/ripping people off above msrp nobody wants to shop there unless there is  sale.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Just not a killer enough set to pay $50+ for it. Where as it seems more people (obviously not any of us... yet) would rather pay $55 or more for the Funhouse.

Well If its not selling well .. why would they continue to put in another PO for a item that was never selling. Most likely would be in the works of EOL of TRU (exclusive retailer) no longer wants to carry/sell it.

It's not about ordering more product, although TRU will have the flexibility in the future. TRU likely needs to clear inventory space for their new sets so they set a sales goal and drop the price to move the product fast until the sales goal is met. The sales goal is completely independent of whether the set is retiring or not - their goal is to move a specified number of sets.

Once the product is moved, TRU will have a much smaller inventory of this set. If they sell out of that reduced inventory, they can order more if available from Lego.

Why would they keep a low inventory of a slowing set? Because they want to be known as a retailer that offers an entire product line or theme, or maybe because they make a bunch of money when they do sell. Why would they keep Barrel Escape around? Because the movie with this scene was just released, and they want to give an incredible marketing tool (the movie) a chance to sell some of these sets.

With all that said, it may be retired. My only point is to demonstrate how this latest inventory liquidation doesn't necessarily mean EOL.

8 of my 12 from TRU's eBay site just arrived.

I guess they shipped from SC so not surprising, but I got them in less than 40 hours after ordering. I guess they really wanted to get rid of them fast. However, I'm still waiting on some Grand Prix trucks that I ordered Dec 1st.

I ordered three sets of four from Toysrus ebay. My first shipment arrived, packing slip says 4 barrels and in the box just one.......Good times Toysrus.

Yeah, had a box of just one Funhouse arrive last week when the packing slip said 2. The replacement hasn't arrived yet. And they didn't offer me anything.

4 of my 5 have shipped and 2 of them have arrived in good condition.  This deal was amazing.

It's weird, I got two boxes, 4 were shipped in the original lego case/box and 4 were shipped in a larger box with lots of those air pillow things. Thankfully they are all in good shape. 

Just a follow to my One out of four fiasco.

I looked at the tracking information and it said the box weighed 5.8 lbs. Of course it doesn't and the box, the one came in, could never even hold four to begin with.

Sigh.

Just last week, when I received my shipment of Pet Shops with free Star Wars gold wings, instead of a gold wing they sent me a little Friend's polybag in a envelope with a packing slip that said Gold wing on it.

Just a follow to my One out of four fiasco.

I looked at the tracking information and it said the box weighed 5.8 lbs. Of course it doesn't and the box, the one came in, could never even hold four to begin with.

Sigh.

Just last week, when I received my shipment of Pet Shops with free Star Wars gold wings, instead of a gold wing they sent me a little Friend's polybag in a envelope with a packing slip that said Gold wing on it.

gold wings are 38 right now, but you're only limited to 2 per order. If you buy 2 and some extra crap like lego plates or small sets on sale you can get them for 28 each with tax. Do you guys think it's worth it?