2507 - Fire Temple

BigEZ96

• 8 months later...

An older thread brought up again People'se thoughts on this? I have 10 of them, 3 boxes in horrible condition due to water damage but others are pretty good. I've contemplated just flipping the damaged sets and getting what I can for them, however, should I hold onto them anyway? How far do people think this set can go pricewise?

Its got a dragon in it, and past history seems to indicate that Ninjago dragon sets do well. I hope you got them at a discount, since if you did that's bought you the room you need and you're already "in the money" on the set. As for the water damaged sets, that can be tricky. You might do better removing the bags from the box and selling them that way if its that bad. Sealed bags with no box might yield a higher price than a mint set still sealed in a heavily damaged box. Looking at the tracker it appears that the set has just started to take off in price, probably indicating that it finally disappeared from retailer shelves over the holidays and can no longer be found through primary sources. I'm betting if you have patience this set will net you a better return in 6-12 months than if you part with it right now.

Over the 10, the price averaged out at $58 each. Retail for them here in Australia was $199. I was flipping these for awhile last year so I know I am well ahead already, and it was sheer luck I placed this order and got a few before they were discontinued. I'm definitely holding onto the decent sets. I'm also thinking along the lines that there is the possibility that any instructions/stickers also were damaged, so maybe should be thinking about getting in spares just in case. Does anyone know if the instructions/stickers came in a sealed bag for this set?

I guess my main thought behind it, how far do people think it can go? It is a set mainly aimed at children after all, so I am not sure how the secondary market will react to it. Whilst the Ice Dragon set went very well, it is also still within people's budgets at the current price. If you missed the boat and don't mind paying alot more for what it was, then spending 70 odd bucks isn't that bad. This is already cruising upwards, but really, will people spend a few hundred bucks to get this set?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, USA residents. How much is it to post a Lego Ninjago 2507 Fire Temple internally within USA please? Weighs 4.56lbs and is 23"x15"x3.5" (+size and weight of a box). I live in UK but might have an avenue to get a relative to list/post sets on ebay for me, as I can send four sets to them for same price as one, so might save some money/generate more profits etc (and possibly more when Brickpicker classifieds goes live), as I can get this set off a certain supplier very cheap at the moment. Let me know if you do, as don't want to ask them if it's not worth their effort. Also, from doing a mock UPS quote to send from UK to USA in the first place, I believe the threshold before it becomes liable for duty/import charges is $200. Does this sound about right? Thanks.

I am not sure but wouldn't it be in your best interest to sell in the UK? I have a few sets which I think I may send on to the UK to be sold there rather than sell in the USA. Pound to dollar ratio...

At the moment (short term) I can get this set for below $70. But as there seems to be quite a few people aware of source it is only selling on UK ebay for equivalent of $95, but I have noticed these are going for nearer $180 on US ebay (it's usually other way round).

Hi, USA residents. How much is it to post a Lego Ninjago 2507 Fire Temple internally within USA please?

Weighs 4.56lbs and is 23"x15"x3.5" (+size and weight of a box).

I live in UK but might have an avenue to get a relative to list/post sets on ebay for me, as I can send four sets to them for same price as one, so might save some money/generate more profits etc (and possibly more when Brickpicker classifieds goes live), as I can get this set off a certain supplier very cheap at the moment.

Let me know if you do, as don't want to ask them if it's not worth their effort.

Also, from doing a mock UPS quote to send from UK to USA in the first place, I believe the threshold before it becomes liable for duty/import charges is $200. Does this sound about right?

Thanks.

The cost will depend on lots of things. Buy it Now or Auctions have different pricing for listing and closing costs. It also depends on how much you list the item for.

I looked up shipping and to ship a box from New York City to San Francisco with Priority Mail by the United States Postal Service costs around $15.00 to $25.00 dollars depending on the size of the box. I can look up the other options as well or you can go to USPS.com and do it yourself. If you have any more questions I would be glad to answer them.