I think CUUSOO needs to step it up

I know I will probably catch some flak for this from members but I'm ready for it. I find it hard to believe that the only 3 sets we have seen from this is a sub, a satellite and a set based on a ridonkulous game. I think that we should have some way cooler sets coming from this project. In my eyes this is a failure. Feel free to disagree (respectfully). I also think that the sets that have recently made the support mark are pretty lame. I'm sure the there are people out there that think that the exosuit is the coolest creation ever, but I sure don't.

I know I will probably catch some flak for this from members but I'm ready for it. I find it hard to believe that the only 3 sets we have seen from this is a sub, a satellite and a set based on a ridonkulous game. I think that we should have some way cooler sets coming from this project. In my eyes this is a failure. Feel free to disagree (respectfully). I also think that the sets that have recently made the support mark are pretty lame. I'm sure the there are people out there that think that the exosuit is the coolest creation ever, but I sure don't.

I couldn't agree more. I have seen some really cool stuff on there, but it has yet to be produced. Very dissappointing in my opinion. I'm not sure what the issue is, but there are much better sets on there then the 3 they've released. Shaking my head at this.........

I agree that the first 3 to come out were pretty lame, but then again, the first 2 may mean more if you are from Japan... While I think the minecraft set did a good job tapping into pop culture, I agree, overall, it is a pretty lame set. Having said that, the Back to the Future stuff excites the heck out of me. I think there is so much potential there in terms of a complete set that I wish it would kickstart its on line with Lego.. Imagine the Jules Verne train that is floating around now as well as the Deloreon and then you could even have the Clock Tower, etc. There is a lot you could do with that and for me, I was really happy to see that set get approved. There is a lot of creative stuff on there and it does seem to be getting better. As of right now, though, I am not really impressed with the Legend of Zelda set that just got approved and the Android that got approved. But I am sure there are plenty of people out there who will love it.

Agreed. The concept is cool, but the follow through hasn't done it for me. The coolest set I've seen on there is a Technic style RC Land Rover that has independent suspension and all. The problem with CUUSOO though, a set that elaborate will get murdered when it goes to review.

the problem is that most mocs on the site are way too large for lego to ever consider. That's why the lego western town was denied - i was so hoping it would beat out the back to the future one. anyway, I'm just about done on a castle set which lego would find feasible to produce. i'm going to post it up on the cuusoo soon. :)

the problem is that most mocs on the site are way too large for lego to ever consider. That's why the lego western town was denied - i was so hoping it would beat out the back to the future one. anyway, I'm just about done on a castle set which lego would find feasible to produce. i'm going to post it up on the cuusoo soon. :)

I thought the excuse they gave for denying it was that it conflicted with the lone ranger theme? That was their official response I thought anyway.

I think the western town was rejected because it conflicted with a soon-to-be-existing product in the Lone Ranger theme.

The back to the future stuff is pretty cool .. as another poster said, you could do many things with this theme from vehicles (Biff Tanner's car, the wild-west version of the DeLorean, etc) and buildings (past, present, future) and minifigs. The problem is that it's such an AFOL theme that I don't see it going any further and that's one of the main problems with Cuusoo - most of the projects on there are for the adult collector which limits what Lego will invest in.

Agreed. The concept is cool, but the follow through hasn't done it for me. The coolest set I've seen on there is a Technic style RC Land Rover that has independent suspension and all. The problem with CUUSOO though, a set that elaborate will get murdered when it goes to review.

The Land Rover is the coolest concept I've seen so far.

What they need is a remote controlled Technic vehicle. The first couple CUUSOO's have been a little bit lacking. Maybe to people interested in Japanese Subs or Satellites or pixelated online games, but not to me. I also wouldn't mind more of famous landmarks that are in the Creator theme instead of Architecture. We need more of the Taj Mahals and Eiffel Towers. :)

I have been rather depressed with the lack of any set that is truly original and kicks major portions of ASS!

1st - a submarine you never heard of. Whatever.

2nd - a satellite you also never heard of. Whoopee.

3rd - a mini build of a rock. Wow. NOT!

4th - a minifigure scale of the Delorean that doesn't really look like a Delorean. So want the UCS one in the other thread!

And one of the next ones for review is a NASA Mars rover. Hey kids, can you see my "I don't give s***!" face through the screen? The Exo Suit is cool, but I wanted a big mech. No, no, no, bigger. BIGGER! I'm talking HUGE!

I think when CUUSOO starts producing completely original set designs, I'll be a lot more optimistic.

Til then, I'll just try and find what I can to support.

The reviewers at LEGO actually liked the modular western town, but ended up denying it because of the license conflict with the LONE RANGER theme. Anywho, looking forward to your castle!

I agree with all of the above. Very disappointed with the program. There are SO MANY cool sets that don't make it. Who says you can't make 2 or 3 CUUSOO sets a year? LEGO is leaving huge money on the table here. In defense of the first 3 sets, I rather enjoyed them all, I just want more...and bigger.

Daaaaaaadadadadadadaaaaaaaaaa daaaaaaaaadadadadadadaaaaaaaaaa Dumdadadumdadadumdadadumdadadum

(It's hard to type and hum the orignal theme tune at the same time.)

Love it... I've replayed all the Final Fantasy games on iOS but my all time favorite game is without a doubt the original Zelda. I remember getting it for Christmas back in 1987... sitting in the basement with my parent's old Zenith TV and a box of after eights! I was pumped!

I agree Grolim. I was bitterly disappointed when they rejected the western town idea. The theme doesn't interest me (though the Lone Ranger sets do look awesome) but I would have bought a couple anyway because they were that damn good. My step father is a Western nut, and he said he would have bought one simply due to how authentic and well designed it was. Enough said.