76008 - Iron Man vs. The Mandarin: Ultimate Showdown

blueriderbrick

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I totally missed the boat on the future growth projection for this one.  When Wal-Mart was blowing them out at $5 each, I went for Carnage instead.

I have a few, but apparently not enough.

Consider this retired a year or more earlier than Carnage, you still might not be wrong.  But the correct answer was the Venom Juniors set :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

But the correct answer was the Venom Juniors set :)

I can't believe that one has outpaced the Spider-Cycle Chase 76004 which is a much better value.  That was the reason I stayed away from the Juniors set.  Perhaps that is what many others were thinking as well and contributed to the better performance.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I can't believe that one has outpaced the Spider-Cycle Chase 76004 which is a much better value.  That was the reason I stayed away from the Juniors set.  Perhaps that is what many others were thinking as well and contributed to the better performance.

Yeah I think everyone is learning that the best investments are the ones nobody is talking about.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

You can only get that version in that set. I'm sure it's cheaper just buying the mini fig but I have a completist mindset with marvel sets so I just bought the set.

My son says he has it (Mark 34), so I must have picked it up in the loose lot that had the Quinjet, Deadpool, Extremis Sea Battle, and some other minifigs in it.