Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

After watching the final, a question springs to mind, are we expecting more rebels set this year?  

The 3 sets we have seen looks a little light for a full range and I can think of a couple of characters who aren’t currently in production that could easily come back.  Particularly as we’re getting the clones in the AT-TE.

1 minute ago, feed said:

After watching the final, a question springs to mind, are we expecting more rebels set this year?  

The 3 sets we have seen looks a little light for a full range and I can think of a couple of characters who aren’t currently in production that could easily come back.  Particularly as we’re getting the clones in the AT-TE.

The new sets in June should be it for the year. We might see something in January. September should be completely focused on Rogue One.

2 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

The new sets in June should be it for the year. We might see something in January. September should be completely focused on Rogue One.

Captain Rex's AT-TE 75157 £99.99 / $119.99
Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A- 75150 £79.99 / $89.99
Kanan's Speeder Bike 75141 £19.99 / $19.99 / 29.99€

Feels like we’re missing some mid-priced sets here.  But with the continuation of TFA sets and Rogue One, maybe there isn’t the capacity, but still, I’d be shocked if we don’t at least see a rebels Ahsoka.

39 minutes ago, feed said:

Captain Rex's AT-TE 75157 £99.99 / $119.99
Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A- 75150 £79.99 / $89.99
Kanan's Speeder Bike 75141 £19.99 / $19.99 / 29.99€

Feels like we’re missing some mid-priced sets here.  But with the continuation of TFA sets and Rogue One, maybe there isn’t the capacity, but still, I’d be shocked if we don’t at least see a rebels Ahsoka.

Considering that these 3 sets reference episodes from 2015 and 2014, why be surprised that they'd be behind?

2 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Considering that these 3 sets reference episodes from 2015 and 2014, why be surprised that they'd be behind?

Currently in production 

75106-1: Imperial Assault Carrier (Sabine) £99.99 $129.99 
75141-1: Kanan's Speeder Bike – (Kanan) £19.99  / $19.99 
75127-1: The Ghost – (Hera) £8.99 / $9.99 / 9.99€
75082-1: TIE Advanced Prototype (Old Inquisitor) £39.99 / $39.99 Most likely to go?

June release 
75150-1: Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-wing Fighter – (Sabine) £79.99 / $89.99
75157-1: Captain Rex's AT-TE (Rex et al) £99.99 / $119.99

No Ezra, Zeb or Chopper in production or in the new sets, I just can’t see them going a year without a set containing at least Ezra.  If they do, then the value on the Phantom is going to the moon.  

• 2 weeks later...

I am only halfway through this gem of a clip, but CW FANS should watch this as well.  There were so much insights to fill in the gap between CW and Rebels especially regarding Ahsoka & Maul (unless you do not want to be spoiled ;) ).  

Dave Filoni is really a SW fan and knows a lot about it.  Seriously, if Disney put Dave Filoni in charge over movie 9 and beyond I would stop complaining about  ANY SW movie past or present :P 

Too bad the cameraman seemed to fall asleep towards the end of the clip :D

ETA: Damn just listen to him dissecting the season 2 finale: temple levels, light & dark, ascend & descend.  And tell me you do not want to see something like those in the SW movies as well.

Lol now I need to re-watch the season finale again :P

• Like 3

Since I am a nerd, :geek: I actually enjoy this kind of behind the scenes discussions.  The guests for this podcast were Freddie Prinze Jr. (Kanan Jarrus) and Sam Witwer (Maul).  I like the insights to their characters but I especially enjoyed the story about the relationship between Freddie, Sam, and the actor who plays Ezra.  Good stuffs :thumbsup:

ETA: I also liked how Sam zeroed in on the temple guardian mask Kanan wore when he fought Maul since I had the same thoughts

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I watched part of the CW's Ryloth trilogy.  The last episode showed General Syndulla holding his daughter, unnamed, presumably Hera although her skin was tan like her father.  She was wearing that same hat/cap as Hera.  The most interesting thing (to me) was at the very end of the episode the camera focused on her/the daughter before fading.

Did Filoni plan Hera character this far ahead / back?

This is the DVD I watched:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Clone-Wars-Commandos/dp/B0026IBRRO?ie=UTF8&keywords=clone%20wars%20commando%20dvd&qid=1462823545&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

• 4 weeks later...

Just binge watched both series of Rebels and gotta say I like it. Wasn't a big fan of Clone Wars, but I think that was because it was a continuation of the Prequel Trilogy, whereas this is and feels like more of a precursor to the Original Trilogy.

I also no longer hate the sight of the Ghost or Phantom, what I thought were crap looking ships aren't as bad as all that.

Definitely want to see more sets from the series too, they really dropped the ball with Phoenix Home when they could have given us a Blockade Runner in the blue livery instead.

I think Ketsu Onyo's ship, the Imperial Light Crusier and the Imperial Interdictor would make nice additions too, better designs than a lot of the recent Force Awakens tripe.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Well, that pretty much tops any other preview I’ve seen.

I wouldn’t really call myself a SW fan, but this is fast becoming my favourite TV “sci-fi” series. 
I really can’t think of one I’ve enjoyed more, DS9 back in the day maybe, but that a lot of filler.    

So does this mean that certain person (T) is no longer a legend but actually canon again? Maybe we will get lucky and get an actual good minifig for May the 4th next year based off him unless he's in the winter wave.   I have a feeling there will be some characters arcs introduced in this season that we will see later in rogue one, just a hunch .  Nice to see a little more early background on certain pilot (W) who is the original Poe Dameron.  I preferred clone wars but this season seems to have me intrigued more and more .  And to reiterate from a couple posts earlier , Y-wings!!

• Like 1