Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

32 minutes ago, P38bam023 said:

So does this mean that certain person (T) is no longer a legend but actually canon again? Maybe we will get lucky and get an actual good minifig for May the 4th next year based off him unless he's in the winter wave.   I have a feeling there will be some characters arcs introduced in this season that we will see later in rogue one, just a hunch .  Nice to see a little more early background on certain pilot (W) who is the original Poe Dameron.  I preferred clone wars but this season seems to have me intrigued more and more .  And to reiterate from a couple posts earlier , Y-wings!!

Yep, and there is a new book coming out about him next year from Timothy Zahn that will be 100% canon.  T is in!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, P38bam023 said:

I preferred clone wars but this season seems to have me intrigued more and more.

The whole family were big Clone Wars fans, and we had a hard time enjoying Rebels early on.

I am so glad that they moved away from the super kid friendly storylines - It feels much darker now, similar to the CW.

It certainly helped when they started bringing back the characters from the CW. It seems as if the creators are happy to know that they can now revisit the CW, and finish up any unresolved stories.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, feed said:

Well, that pretty much tops any other preview I’ve seen.

I wouldn’t really call myself a SW fan, but this is fast becoming my favourite TV “sci-fi” series. 
I really can’t think of one I’ve enjoyed more, DS9 back in the day maybe, but that a lot of filler.    

Most of so called filler episode on DS9 were better than regular episodes of shows today ;)  I liked how throwaway lines from earlier episodes made sense once main plot points were revealed towards the end of seasons.

Although I would agree that Rebels is one of the best currrently ongoing series.

Trailer looks so good!

But then again the trailer for season 2 also looked great.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it and they're doing a lot things right with this series. The first season felt so close to OT. The second season gave us back friends we've met in clone wars. And the third one is even introducing legends from the EU (=expended universe in that case, not european union ;-) ).

After seeing the trailer for the second season I've been so thrilled as well but then there have been so many filler episodes where I would have wished for more inquisitor action.

Anyhow I feel as if this series is getting better and better and evolving just great. Hope to see great new minifigs as well. (Mr. T for example).

1 hour ago, P38bam023 said:

So does this mean that certain person (T) is no longer a legend but actually canon again? Maybe we will get lucky and get an actual good minifig for May the 4th next year based off him unless he's in the winter wave.   I have a feeling there will be some characters arcs introduced in this season that we will see later in rogue one, just a hunch .  Nice to see a little more early background on certain pilot (W) who is the original Poe Dameron.  I preferred clone wars but this season seems to have me intrigued more and more .  And to reiterate from a couple posts earlier , Y-wings!!

That is correct.  Thrawn is 100% canon now.  No longer a Legend.  And I am over the moon with the idea that he will become a minifig.

I'm also very excited about Wedge.  And that YT-2400.  Anyone remember Dash Rendar.  Yeah, his ship.  And those Y-Wings.

I can see two sets right there.  And two important minifig.  Bring it on!

6 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Season 3 Trailer.

Be warned...there are spoilers.

The trail Rebels is weaving has become more intricate by each season starting from a relatively simple "kid friendly" premise into a more involved matured experience while still family enjoyable (which has been a difficult task for anything lately). They certainly are teasing the notion of dark temptations for Ezra more now. However the overall sense of story and feel the show gives off tells me they are having him merely flirting the abyss' edge (albeit from a safe distance), and I do not see that changing much. In other words, a full-on 'evil Ezra' does not seem likely.

To make a mildly amusing analogy from coincidently another project Disney took part in, I see Ezra's constitution with the Force similar to Kingdom Hearts' Riku's own innate abilities of shadow (at least looking at the end of Chain Of Memories onwards). Not the journey or attitude but the ways how both strong in their powers constantly dealing with the opposing spectrum seem destined ultimately in choosing to go down the middle path of neither light nor dark (a twilight road if you will). In that respect, I think it would be interesting to see a character (especially a Jedi) strike this middle ground of balance instead of simply sticking to the "tried & true" camp of strictly good or bad. Being completely one way or the other is easy but 'going gray' would be a chore.

Well that was an odd tangent of me to go on. Ha. Moving along, it would appear the writers for Rebels are fine-tuning their digital quills to the delicate point the show deserves instead of dulling them to the shape of a spade simply shoveling shoddy stereotypical suckage hoping to cash in on the property alone.

16 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

Well, I know what you mean. I am not deep on the EU stuff, I just don't get how they explain stuff like Leia being in the show, and by Ep 4 all Jedi are gone from the universe. Anyway, I can take that to the Rebels thread. :-) Go Rogue One!!

Based on the preview of season 3, the show is doing something that moves the storylines without contradicting Ep4. I mean, Ahsoka is (was?) strictly NOT a Jedi as much as Maul is no longer a Sith. ;););)

Some speculation that got me a little excited over on Brickset.

"If Thrawn's Star Destroyer's name is the Chimaera, like in Legends, then I really hope that this is the next Star Destroyer set. It would be a good opportunity to give us Grand Admiral Thrawn and Admirals Titus and Konstantine (and perhaps Govenor Pryce) in minifigure form. The Skystrike Academy could also be an opportunity to give us new TIE Bombers and Interceptors, as they are well overdue remakes."

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

"If Thrawn's Star Destroyer's name is the Chimaera, like in Legends, then I really hope that this is the next Star Destroyer set. It would be a good opportunity to give us Grand Admiral Thrawn and Admirals Titus and Konstantine (and perhaps Govenor Pryce) in minifigure form. The Skystrike Academy could also be an opportunity to give us new TIE Bombers and Interceptors, as they are well overdue remakes."

That would be great. Let's make it happen! 

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I want Captain Pellaeon too please

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Anyone hoarding any 8036 Separatist Shuttles from years ago? They made an appearance in last week's episode with the promise of regular appearances going forward. Values on this should get a bump as I don't think any remakes are due.

Sounds like a good candidate for Summer releases 2017.

• Like 1

They only put out so many Rebels sets per year, and I doubt this one will make the cut since there should be more demand for sets with Thrawn, Maul or Bendu. They just showed the Tie Bomber and Interceptor a few weeks ago and those have not been remade ever. AT-ATs have appeared in each of the last 2 seasons now too. 

1 hour ago, jeff_14 said:

They only put out so many Rebels sets per year, and I doubt this one will make the cut since there should be more demand for sets with Thrawn, Maul or Bendu. They just showed the Tie Bomber and Interceptor a few weeks ago and those have not been remade ever. AT-ATs have appeared in each of the last 2 seasons now too. 

I never understood why Lego didn't make more TIE Interceptors and Bombers. A lot can be said about the amount of TIE variants that we've seen over the years, but the interceptor and bomber are two of the best ones. I hope they will retire the TIE Advanced and bring in either one or both of these.

42 minutes ago, gobuffs98 said:

Did anyone notice at the end of the episode last episode the crew escaped in a shuttle and called it the new phantom?  It did not look that cool, but maybe it will be modified.  The new phantom is supposed to come out in the winter 2017 sets.

A timely post for something I recently stumbled across... It looks like a nearby store has three of the old Phantoms (75048) still in stock at RRP ($29.99 in Canada). Worth buying? Or will the new Phantom potentially hurt the price of the old Phantom set? The unknown is probably minifigure(s) included, etc... The Brickpicker price guide for new is currently at $46.66US, which would be ~$62 Cdn at current exchange... seems like a no-brainer... Thoughts?

Edited by Shneebs

36 minutes ago, gobuffs98 said:

Did anyone notice at the end of the episode last episode the crew escaped in a shuttle and called it the new phantom?  It did not look that cool, but maybe it will be modified.  The new phantom is supposed to come out in the winter 2017 sets.

I did see that. I'm curious what changes will be made, hopefully not just a paint job.

1 hour ago, gobuffs98 said:

I did. There's a few posts about it right above yours. 

53 minutes ago, Shneebs said:

A timely post for something I recently stumbled across... It looks like a nearby store has three of the old Phantoms (75048) still in stock at RRP ($29.99 in Canada). Worth buying? Or will the new Phantom potentially hurt the price of the old Phantom set? The unknown is probably minifigure(s) included, etc... The Brickpicker price guide for new is currently at $46.66US, which would be ~$62 Cdn at current exchange... seems like a no-brainer... Thoughts?

I bought 4 that magically appeared at a Wal-mart 4 months ago and sold them all for twice the retail price within months. Now, the Phantom had not yet been destroyed on the show when they sold so there's that working against you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

another great episode of rebels.  it's the mid-season finale. 

spoiler below...

it looks like we're finally getting to the point where obi-wan might make his rebels 1st appearance (excluding the pilot's hologram cameo).  ezra and kanan aren't aware which exact "desert planet with twin 2 suns" is. however, darth maul knows...""

IMG_4689.PNG

IMG_4688.PNG