Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

The show is slowly getting more enjoyable. My only issue is for each "great" episode there is 4-5 fillers.

"We have to go to this random planet for the next 22 minutes and act like it's a great importance for the rebel cause...oh everything got destroyed but at least we all made it out alive.." rinse/repeat.

Maybe I've read Ewok and bubble thread to much. The negativity is taking over...or is this the dark side.

48 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

The show is slowly getting more enjoyable. My only issue is for each "great" episode there is 4-5 fillers.

"We have to go to this random planet for the next 22 minutes and act like it's a great importance for the rebel cause...oh everything got destroyed but at least we all made it out alive.." rinse/repeat.

Maybe I've read Ewok and bubble thread to much. The negativity is taking over...or is this the dark side.

There's definitely filler, but I don't think it's too bad compared to other shows.

I'm enjoying the season so far. It's kind of vague what the main story line is though. You have Vader from Season 2, the holocrons and Maul, now there's Thrawn, ... But that doesn't really matter that much to me. It feels like the main stuff they are doing is significant to strengthening the rebellion.

They try to do a bit of character building now and then too like the episode about Hera's family and the last battle with Rex and the droids, but it doesn't always work out that well. I appreciate the nods to the original trilogy and clone wars too.

This season has more fillers than ever :P  It feels as if they are running in place waiting for a certain movie to be released next week ;)  If that is the case, this episode kind of explain why the Ghost was without Phantom in that trailer.

In this last episode I liked how the holocron gave them concrete clues, yet everyone focused on only the obvious (to them) part.  Technically this is also a prequel to ep4, but looking from a different side compared to R1.  Very Filoni :thumbsup:

Oh btw, Sabine got an upgrade :P

I don't think you can connect the two too closely yet. Isnt Rebels still two years out from ANH/R1.

Correct.

Set fourteen years after Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith and five years before Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope

Whose to say it doesn't at one point but I doubt for many many seasons. Looks like he's at least 1-2 years older from the first episode so it's safe to say we are roughly 3-4 years from RO.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2017 at 7:49 AM, exciter1 said:

This looks soooo good and hopefully with less filler. Saw Garrera and a Tri-Fighter!

Source - rebelforceradio. 

Supposedly there's unused Rogue One footage with Saw talking about how he sustained some of his injuries.  Vader was involved.  Maybe we'll see some of that story in Rebels. 

Saw  isn't wearing the breathing apparatus in the preview so that probably happens in the Genosis episodes.

• Like 3

Great double episode tonight.  What was in the canisters?

Empire dropped them and basically gassed geonosis killing all of them.

I personally thought the double circles was meant to be the Death Star. If I'm not mistaken we first see plans of it on that planet (I could be wrong) in episode 2 of the movies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

Yes the geonosians did come up with the idea for the Death Star and then Mof Tarkin stole the idea. Good ol Poggle the Lesser

Yeah it's pretty astounding how smart the geonosian's are. They're responsible for so much. Imagine if they had been somewhat strong still and had joined the rebels. So many cool possibilities. 

I was like 1 minute away from writing this show off in season 1. Luckily they decided to add in Vader, maul and now uncle benny. It has progressed fairly good. Half of season 3 has been fillers like "let's go here and pick this up! Ohhh wait the last 20 minutes were useless but we have each other" (end credits)

The show getting better makes me want to keep the ghost and phantom I just got from the big lot I bought. Hopefully it continues to get better and better.

Best episode of season 3 so far.  This episode had the perfect balance of Rebels (relationships between characters) and CW (big scale mission that could potentially make a huge difference in the war).  In a very short time, Sabine could use the dark saber much better than Pre-Vizla in CW :P  And we know much more about Sabine now.  In a way I could see why there were so many filler episodes earlier.  This story arc could not air before R1 due to some similarities

Even Bendu made appearance :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...