Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

Back on topic.  Kallus was no match for Thrwan.  

Actually, not sure how the Rebels would win vs someone like Thrawn, which made him the best foe for them so far.  Not saying Vader was not good, but he was more like the sledgehammer that crushed and scattered the rebellions.  Thrawn is more like the exterminator that goes to every nook and cranny to destroy every last cell.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Back on topic.  Kallus was no match for Thrwan.  

Actually, not sure how the Rebels would win vs someone like Thrawn, which made him the best foe for them so far.  Not saying Vader was not good, but he was more like the sledgehammer that crushed and scattered the rebellions.  Thrawn is more like the exterminator that goes to every nook and cranny to destroy every last cell.

If it's anything like the Heir to the Empire book series, Thrawn will be taken out by someone close to him for a reason he couldn't anticipate. I could see the guy Kallus framed wanting to settle a grudge against Thrawn for ruining his career as part of a plan to beat the Rebels. He may not appreciate the greater good at his expense. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jaisonline said:

I assume Rebels storyline timelines technically doesn't have to end until ROTJ at the least.  Thus I guess there is a chance Filoni and crew could keep the show going and even change the main characters if desired.

But that is too far in the future.  The show has not even caught up with R1 yet.  I 'd like to see R1 from Hera's POV before anything else.

Also, the period between ep4 & 5 is  the fertile ground for Rebels.  The destruction of DS gave the rebels alliance a new hope in defeating the Empire.

As far as new characters, next season I could see Mandalorian focused episodes with Sabine as the lead (kind of like in CW) in addition to the regular episodes with the Ghost crew.  Also they introduced Sato's nephew and his squad, maybe they get their own standalone episode too (I hope not :P )

23 hours ago, c_rpg said:

Wow this episode was amazing. Some of the best Y-Wing action I've ever seen. And at the end we basically see how the rebel alliance starts.

1. We need a bigger Ghost or UCS Ghost.  Having Y-Wing docked on either side is a great look for it.

2. That is almost as many ships as we see in Rouge One (ie. they did not have too many ships to begin with).  No wonder the rebellion only brought a pathetic number of ships when attacking DS1 at the end of TNH.  Nice continuity there. :thumbsup:

3. Is it just me or that is the old Phantom docked on Ghost????

4. "This is our rebellion"  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

1. We need a bigger Ghost or UCS Ghost.  Having Y-Wing docked on either side is a great look for it.

2. That is almost as many ships as we see in Rouge One (ie. they did not have too many ships to begin with).  No wonder the rebellion only brought a pathetic number of ships when attacking DS1 at the end of TNH.  Nice continuity there. :thumbsup:

3. Is it just me or that is the old Phantom docked on Ghost????

4. "This is our rebellion"  

1. I think the ghost is now one of the most significant rebel ships, so a UCS ghost would be fitting. Though I would like to see a Nebulon UCS at some point too.

3. I don't think there was any phantom docked in the ghost in this episode, though the image sure makes it looks like there is one. They said something about Kanan being on a mission, so presumably he was using it. Although he's blind, so I don't know how that would work out. Maybe he had a pilot?

I hope they go on and introduce Red/Blue squadron and the X-Wings at some point. Right now their main fighter is still the A-Wing. The Y-Wing is an old clone wars ship, but the X-Wing should be a new design technically.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

3. I don't think there was any phantom docked in the ghost in this episode, though the image sure makes it looks like there is one. They said something about Kanan being on a mission, so presumably he was using it. Although he's blind, so I don't know how that would work out. Maybe he had a pilot?

Yeah normally Sabine was the secondary pilot or they would pair Kanan with Chopper.  But Sabine left the team, Chopper was in the Ghost, and even Rex was left in the base.  Who else could pilot the Phantom?

11 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

I hope they go on and introduce Red/Blue squadron and the X-Wings at some point. Right now their main fighter is still the A-Wing. The Y-Wing is an old clone wars ship, but the X-Wing should be a new design technically.

They still have that genius Mon Calamari who designed B-Wing stashed somewhere.  It would be great if we could get an episode on new ships

21 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Yeah normally Sabine was the secondary pilot or they would pair Kanan with Chopper.  But Sabine left the team, Chopper was in the Ghost, and even Rex was left in the base.  Who else could pilot the Phantom?

Not sure if it/he was left behind somewhere, but they have the former Imperial protocol droid that should be able to handle basic piloting tasks. 

Considering how closely this timeline hews with Rogue One and the original trilogy, how much beyond the already approved fourth season can Rebels go? I suppose they could be part of the scouting missions after the Battle of Yavin to find a new rebel base. Maybe show the continued rally on disparate planets that takes place concurrently with the main storyline? Have our group partially responsible for getting Lando to Bespin? A side mission protecting transports fleeing from Hoth? What if the Ghost is the ship that finds the Falcon after Bespin and reunites it with the fleet where Luke is healed?

I'm a fan of the series and don't want it to end too soon, but know that it will eventually and that some sort of final resolution has to come to Ezra and Kanan if Luke is truly the last Jedi.

50 minutes ago, Brickalicious said:

I'm a fan of the series and don't want it to end too soon, but know that it will eventually and that some sort of final resolution has to come to Ezra and Kanan if Luke is truly the last Jedi.

Personally, I always expected the whole crew of The Ghost to die at some point before A New Hope (or at least the Jedi's). They are too vital to the rebellion right now and they have had contact with some of the most influential people in the rebel alliance (Leia, Mon Mothma, Lando, ...). IMO, there is no way Luke would not be aware of Ezra and Kanan if they were still alive.

We know The Ghost is still flying during the battle of Scarif, but we don't know for sure if it's still manned by the same people. We also don't know what happens to them during or after the battle. Perhaps they'll have a final encounter with Vader at some point or perish during a battle.

My theory is that Thrawn gets sent off to the Unknown Regions by Palps and Ezra and Kanan give chase.

That conveniently gets rid of the three of them during the OT. And opens up a possibility of Ezra coming in Ep 8 (whether he is Snoke or he's Del Toro's character - and yes I know what's been said about Del Toro's character but I'm not convinced it's true)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brickalicious said:

Not sure if it/he was left behind somewhere, but they have the former Imperial protocol droid that should be able to handle basic piloting tasks. 

Considering how closely this timeline hews with Rogue One and the original trilogy, how much beyond the already approved fourth season can Rebels go? I suppose they could be part of the scouting missions after the Battle of Yavin to find a new rebel base. Maybe show the continued rally on disparate planets that takes place concurrently with the main storyline? Have our group partially responsible for getting Lando to Bespin? A side mission protecting transports fleeing from Hoth? What if the Ghost is the ship that finds the Falcon after Bespin and reunites it with the fleet where Luke is healed?

If you were referring to AP5 (Chopper's bff), it was shown standing in Chopper base as Rex was watching Mon Mothma 's holo cast.

To me, the Rebels could potentially serve up to at least battle at Hoth.   As far as Kanan and Ezra and the Jedi order, Jedi and Sith are not the only path wielders of the force can follow.  Ahsoka was definitely NOT a Jedi when we last met her.  I am just saying there is a reason why Kanan and Ezra met Bendu.  

• Like 2