Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

I also found it irritating about how easy it was for the empire to destroy the local rebel fleet. I completely understand the Star destroyers being able to take out the nebulon with Ease but a squad of 3 tie fighters taking out a corellion corevette is a bit much in my opinion. All we ever see is them getting owned so it would have been nice to see them actually put up a decent fight. I know the odds were highly against them but still. Rogue one was able to pull it off so they could have easily given some more fight as well. 

The Rebels won't ever have a big win in this show.  Rogue One's Battle of Scarif was there first victory if ANH's opening crawl never changes or begins to depend "on a matter of view".

It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy...."

• Like 4

It is nice to know that Thrawn will still be around a while. Makes the new Phantom set with him more interesting now. Lego has had an annoying habit of releasing Rebels sets with exclusive figures after they croak or have become an old memory, like the Inquisitor in the Tie Advanced prototype, Ahsoka in the Rebel Frigate, the Fifth Brother in Rex's AT-TE, etc. Now if they can keep Thrawn around until after EOL. :) 

19 hours ago, jaisonline said:

The Rebels won't ever have a big win in this show.  Rogue One's Battle of Scarif was there first victory if ANH's opening crawl never changes or begins to depend "on a matter of view".

It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy...."

Very true. They may still take out the Tie Defender plant with a more covert attack instead of a massed fleet attack to explain why Tie Defenders aren't all over the place. This would be one of many minor victories that doesn't put the show at odds with the New Hope title crawl. 

On 3/18/2017 at 9:57 PM, Alpinemaps said:

Voicing was excellent in this episode. Thought they did a great job reconciling Ezra and Luke existing and not tipping their hand with Ezra's fate. Left it open. I got the feeling Ezra isn't the first Jedi to visit Ben. Ben is hyper focused on Luke. He's the only solution to the Vader problem.

So, makes me wonder. When Yoda says, "no, there is another" - it's not Leia and I don't believe it's Ezra. Makes me lean even more toward Rey.

Rey did not exist at this time. She wouldn't exist for another 10 years or so. He was referring to Leia. Obi-wan confirmed this in his talk with Luke where he finds out she's his sister. Of course, Obi-wan says a lot of things......

On 3/25/2017 at 10:10 AM, jaisonline said:

Another quality Rebels season finale.

While the plot was "so so" in my opinion, the space battle action  more than made up for it.  

Some comments w/o spoiling it.

• It was surprising how some characters' fate ended up.  
  • At least the Bindu finally did something other than talk in riddles. 
  • So Yavin is the next base?  I thought Dantooine was before Yavin... 
  • still no b- wings? Where are the b-wings?

The Rebels are operating in cels. Dantooine and Yavin co-exist along with many others I'm sure. At some point soon they decide to abandon Dantooine since Leia uses it to distract Tarkin. I wonder if we'll see what that was about. Did they get overrun by some feral wildlife and bail? The Empire doesn't know about them there.

19 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Yeah I didn't expect them to win of course but I mean they couldn't even take out a single star destroyer lol. Literally the only imperial ship that they destroyed was one of those smaller interdictor's because they comikazied Their largest ship into it lol.  

7 minutes ago, California92563 said:

Yeah I didn't expect them to win of course but I mean they couldn't even take out a single star destroyer lol. Literally the only imperial ship that they destroyed was one of those smaller interdictor's because they comikazied Their largest ship into it lol.  

Perhaps the showrunners meant to show that the presence of a Star Destroyer was intimidating at this point, let alone 5 of them.  The rebels were caught off guard, were trapped, and were probably not used to fighting 5 SD at once.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Perhaps the showrunners meant to show that the presence of a Star Destroyer was intimidating at this point, let alone 5 of them.  The rebels were caught off guard, were trapped, and were probably not used to fighting 5 SD at once.

Yeah I suppose that's true it was just dissapointing. With as many ships as they had it would have been nice to see them do something badass. That whole "sacrifice" was a huge bummer because I really liked the character that sacrificed himself. It felt like it was an unneeded way to get his character out of the way for future events. Cue the general Syndulla thought. 

Edited by California92563

40 minutes ago, California92563 said:

I'm sure they could have taken out a Star Destroyer or two. They did get a good ion bomb run in one of them. But the cost would have been even greater than what they already lost. This was Rebels' Empire Strikes Back Moment. They were on the defensive of a surprise attack and the best they could hope for was a fighting retreat, like at Hoth. Live to fight another day. 

I liked that Thrawn was "beaten" by a completely unforeseeable intervention by Bendu. I can picture his report to Tarkin now. Attack executed flawlessly, many rebels killed and military hardware destroyed. Slight losses due to inclement weather. PS, will require copies of all storm related artwork of the last 2000 years."

Edited by jeff_14
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Slight losses due to inclement weather. PS, will require copies of all storm related artwork of the last 2000 years."

He did shoot down a powerful being that represented the neutral side of the Force.  However, I could see Tarkin dismisses any mention of Bendu/the creature without a corpse as proof. ;)

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

He did shoot down a powerful being that represented the neutral side of the Force.  However, I could see Tarkin dismisses any mention of Bendu/the creature without a corpse as proof. ;)

Don't Imps wear body cameras? 

On an unrelated note, all my son cared about was the Death Troopers when he saw them in the preview. It was hard talking him down all week that no, we wouldn't be seeing Krennic or any of the new Rogue One cast in the finale, though that does seem possible for next season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeff_14 said:

I'm sure they could have taken out a Star Destroyer or two. They did get a good ion bomb run in one of them. But the cost would have been even greater than what they already lost. This was Rebels' Empire Strikes Back Moment. They were on the defensive of a surprise attack and the best they could hope for was a fighting retreat, like at Hoth. Live to fight another day. 

I liked that Thrawn was "beaten" by a completely unforeseeable intervention by Bendu. I can picture his report to Tarkin now. Attack executed flawlessly, many rebels killed and military hardware destroyed. Slight losses due to inclement weather. PS, will require copies of all storm related artwork of the last 2000 years."

Yeah good point. It's a shame though that those nebulon's were wasted like that. If I'm not mistaken that's like the rebellions second largest vessel right behind the mon calamari cruisers. It was entertaining to see thrawn be caught off guard since he always maps out every situation. I guess the more I think about it the bendu thing wasn't over the top and it was kinda entertaining to see him "check mate" thrawn. 

Edited by California92563
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Well, that entirely depends on who wrote the crawl.  Maybe the Rebels won many victories, but the Crawl writers want to spin it differently?

Was it Conservative Fox News Coruscant or Liberal MSNBC Yavin?

Hmm, a series of bite-sized 120 character or less news messages,

Kinda feels like tweets from the emperor?

4 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

Rey did not exist at this time. She wouldn't exist for another 10 years or so. He was referring to Leia. Obi-wan confirmed this in his talk with Luke where he finds out she's his sister. Of course, Obi-wan says a lot of things......

Luke was asking about Yoda's final words. "There is another Skywalker." Luke never heard Yoda tell Obi-Wan that there was another hope. It may have been 2 separate conversations, but I assume that they were both extensions of the same one. To defeat Vader and Palpatine they needed someone that Vader would hesitate to destroy.

17 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Luke was asking about Yoda's final words. "There is another Skywalker." Luke never heard Yoda tell Obi-Wan that there was another hope. It may have been 2 separate conversations, but I assume that they were both extensions of the same one. To defeat Vader and Palpatine they needed someone that Vader would hesitate to destroy.

In ROTJ, Obi-wan tells Luke "You were our only hope." To which Luke responds Yoda spoke of another and Obi-wan says the other is his twin sister. I don't see any gray area there unless Obi-wan is telling another of his yarns. 

In ROTJ, Obi-wan tells Luke "You were our only hope." To which Luke responds Yoda spoke of another and Obi-wan says the other is his twin sister. I don't see any gray area there unless Obi-wan is telling another of his yarns. 

But we never heard Yoda say it was Leia. Yoda said "no, there is another."

I'm suggesting that Obi-Wan interrupted that as Leia. I believe Yoda was talking of someone else - Ezra? Rey?

Outside of the movies, in 1983, it was meant to be Leia. But within the universe of canon, that doesn't have to be anymore.

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm suggesting that Obi-Wan interrupted that as Leia. I believe Yoda was talking of someone else - Ezra? Rey?

Outside of the movies, in 1983, it was meant to be Leia. But within the universe of canon, that doesn't have to be anymore.

It wouldn't be acceptable for this to be in reference to anyone outside of the trilogy. Holy dangling plot threads Batman. Obi-wan said that Yoda meant Leia. Yoda did not manifest himself to say "You lying little ****". Rey did not even exist then, and wouldn't for another 10 years. Ezra's not the other hope. He's Snoke. ;)

8 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Not sure if any of you have heard the discussion swirling over Obi-Wan's choice of words, again?

http://screencrush.com/star-wars-rebels-obi-wan-chosen-one-luke-anakin/

I'm with Pablo here...

I'm with Pablo to a point, however when I saw that episode I admired the openness of that dialogue. Yes Obi-wan believes Luke is the Chosen One, however it is Anakin who does the "avenging", and Obi-wan does not comment on this. The more interesting part of that dialogue is - who is Maul referring to when he speaks of the Chosen One? He doesn't know about Luke. From his perspective, the only time they were both on Tatooine before ("where it all began" as he said in an earlier episode) it had to do with Anakin, who he may not even know by name and as far as I can tell does not know is Darth Vader. As far as Maul knows, Obi-wan is protecting that boy turned man on Tatooine, not his son. And so Maul is even more correct when he says "He will avenge us". 

Edited by jeff_14
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Yoda said to Luke "There is another sky . . . walk . . . er." Then died. Obi-Wan said in ESB "That boy was our last hope." Yoda replied, "No, there is another." As I said, 2 different conversations. Same subject, maybe. However not necessarily. Obi-Wan was left to tell Luke about Leia as that might have been what he thought Yoda wanted Luke to know.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

I'm with Pablo to a point, however when I saw that episode I admired the openness of that dialogue. Yes Obi-wan believes Luke is the Chosen One, however it is Anakin who does the "avenging", and Obi-wan does not comment on this. The more interesting part of that dialogue is - who is Maul referring to when he speaks of the Chosen One? He doesn't know about Luke. From his perspective, the only time they were both on Tatooine before ("where it all began" as he said in an earlier episode) it had to do with Anakin, who he may not even know by name and as far as I can tell does not know is Darth Vader. As far as Maul knows, Obi-wan is protecting that boy turned man on Tatooine, not his son. And so Maul is even more correct when he says "He will avenge us". 

I think it's even more vague in Maul's head. He might never have associated the boy on Tatooine with a Jedi prophecy. However with the downfall of the Jedi, their prophecy would need to be soon if any Jedi were to live to see it. So he just took a shot at what was so important to Obi-Wan.

• Like 1