Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

10 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Yoda said to Luke "There is another sky . . . walk . . . er." Then died. Obi-Wan said in ESB "That boy was our last hope." Yoda replied, "No, there is another." As I said, 2 different conversations. Same subject, maybe. However not necessarily. Obi-Wan was left to tell Luke about Leia as that might have been what he thought Yoda wanted Luke to know.

That is all true, however Obi-wan's dialogue to Luke in ROTJ is crystal clear about Luke being the only hope and Leia being who Yoda was referring to. Despite his earlier lies to Luke, Obi-wan is now coming clean to Luke now that he knows about his father. I can't imagine Obi-wan would lie then about what Yoda meant, especially concerning his newly discovered sister. What's clear is that Obi-wan does not share Yoda's view about there being another hope, Leia or otherwise. In both Empire and ROTJ he speaks only of Luke. Even when he confirms that Leia is Luke's sister, he says nothing more about her having a role to play. 

Edited by jeff_14

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

But we never heard Yoda say it was Leia. Yoda said "no, there is another."

I'm suggesting that Obi-Wan interrupted that as Leia. I believe Yoda was talking of someone else - Ezra? Rey?

Outside of the movies, in 1983, it was meant to be Leia. But within the universe of canon, that doesn't have to be anymore.

Knowing how the battle ended I assumed Yoda was talking about Leia.  What snapped Anakin back was ultimately the suffering of his child and he only had 2 of those.

Lets supposed Yoda was talking about Ezra. To Vader, Ezra was just another young Jedi / padawan to kill.  Heck he did not even want to make Ezra is apprentice. :P  I just could not see how Ezra could help fulfill the prophesy of the Chosen One without any connection to Anakin or Vader.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Knowing how the battle ended I assumed Yoda was talking about Leia.  What snapped Anakin back was ultimately the suffering of his child and he only had 2 of those.

Lets supposed Yoda was talking about Ezra. To Vader, Ezra was just another young Jedi / padawan to kill.  Heck he did not even want to make Ezra is apprentice. :P  I just could not see how Ezra could help fulfill the prophesy of the Chosen One without any connection to Anakin or Vader.

In Empire, were we supposed to assume Luke could telepathically reach out to anyone like he did hanging under Cloud City, or just to Leia? Because if it's just to Leia, and neither he nor the audience at the time knew she was his sister (George probably hadn't invented this part yet either), then that seems to be a suggestion that she was the other Yoda was talking about with Obi-wan in that same movie. 

11 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

In Empire, were we supposed to assume Luke could telepathically reach out to anyone like he did hanging under Cloud City, or just to Leia? Because if it's just to Leia, and neither he nor the audience at the time knew she was his sister (George probably hadn't invented this part yet either), then that seems to be a suggestion that she was the other Yoda was talking about with Obi-wan in that same movie. 

I thought the connection was due to the almost kiss (per deleted scenes) ?? :devil:

1 hour ago, jeff_14 said:

I felt like Luke's reaching out to Leia was not an indication of her sensitivity to the force but Luke's proximity to and feelings for his friend. He saw Leia in Cloud City. he knew that she might be close enough to render assistance. He was desperate. She was one of the people that he had known the longest that wasn't dead yet and that he had a strong emotional attachment to.

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I thought the connection was due to the almost kiss (per deleted scenes) ?? :devil:

Almost kiss? She Frenched him 5 minutes out of the bacta tank. 

On this sidebar, it occurs to me we really haven't seen too much us of this telepathy power since Empire. Vader gets in Luke's head when they're fighting in ROTJ and Kylo Ren does it and Rey sort of does it back to him, but that's all I can think of. Is this a dark, light or neutral power? Stealing people's thoughts doesn't seem too light sidey. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Almost kiss? She Frenched him 5 minutes out of the bacta tank. 

On this sidebar, it occurs to me we really haven't seen too much us of this telepathy power since Empire. Vader gets in Luke's head when they're fighting in ROTJ and Kylo Ren does it and Rey sort of does it back to him, but that's all I can think of. Is this a dark, light or neutral power? Stealing people's thoughts doesn't seem too light sidey. 

There was also the cut scene from RotJ where Vader was trying to contact Luke. Palpatine mentions to Anakin about his wife and child. Did he take that info from Anakin's mind or did Anakin reveal that information to Palpatine alone? I feel like some of the stuff that Palpatine reveals to Anakin demonstrate him reading Ani's thoughts. It's possible that the Old Republic Jedi specifically trained against reading the thoughts of others. Maybe it was seen as too much of a violation. They may have shifted to the Mind trick to influence thoughts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thoroakenfelder said:

There was also the cut scene from RotJ where Vader was trying to contact Luke. Palpatine mentions to Anakin about his wife and child. Did he take that info from Anakin's mind or did Anakin reveal that information to Palpatine alone? I feel like some of the stuff that Palpatine reveals to Anakin demonstrate him reading Ani's thoughts. It's possible that the Old Republic Jedi specifically trained against reading the thoughts of others. Maybe it was seen as too much of a violation. They may have shifted to the Mind trick to influence thoughts.

I wouldn't put it past sucker shock Palpatine to do that, however I always had the impression he gets his inside scoops from force visions. It also wouldn't surprise me if Anakin confided in him. 

11 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

They've been replaced with flashbacks and flash fowards.  Damn you "Lost"!!!

Oh please Lost did not create flashbacks or flash forwards.  Every sitcom in 70s, 80s, and 90s had at least 1 episode (sometimes 2-3) in each season where the characters remembered past episode(s) :P

• Like 1

Just now, Darth_Raichu said:

Oh please Lost did not create flashbacks or flash forwards.  Every sitcom in 70s, 80s, and 90s had at least 1 episode (sometimes 2-3) in each season where the characters remembered the past episode(s)

It didn't create them, but it legitimized them in a big way as it was an unrelenting and essential part of the storytelling of that show. That was different then. Now it's everywhere. The Knightmare scene (which I loved) seemed to be the biggest complaint about Batman vs Superman. Was it a flash forward, a dream? Thor had one in Avengers 2 which is the impetus for his next movie. 

Well, it's almost the end of this page. Should probably mention lego somehow. When do we get a Luke kissing Leia set? The Hoth scene would be gold for minifigures. Han, Chewie, the droids, so many white pieces to build the room. Maybe a bacta tank on the other side of the wall with a medical droid. ;)

Edited by jeff_14

Just now, jeff_14 said:

It didn't create them, but it legitimized them in a big way as it was an unrelenting and essential part of the storytelling of that show. That was different then. Now it's everywhere. The Knightmare scene (which I loved) seemed to be the biggest complaint about Batman vs Superman. Was it a flash forward, a dream? Thor had one in Avengers 2 which is the impetus for his next movie. 

Maybe in the US.  Movie makers in Asia/Europe have used those extensively long before Lost.  Just check out Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon for example

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Maybe in the US.  Movie makers in Asia/Europe have used those extensively long before Lost.  Just check out Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon for example

Or English Patient. I think more of that movie took place in the past then the present.

Just now, exciter1 said:

Never watched it (ducking).

GET OUT!!!! ------->   :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

WTF last season????  I was aftraid of  this when Feloni spoke about Rebels as the place to end CW storylines :(

I think I saw a U-Wing, X-Wings, and Ezra got a jetpack ;)

Based on the animation style, Forces of Destiny seems to be aimed at even younger kids (Disney channel proper, not even XD) boo...

• Like 3

I kept watching the trailer because I was procrastinating mowing my lawn :P

Spoilers alert!!

0:50 White Wolf = Mononoke Hime ??? :P (bonus points to whoever understood that reference)
0:52 Ghost vs 2x TIE Defenders
0:56 Yavin IV
0:58 Hera & KAnan (finally) kissed
1:02 U-Wing
1:03 Satellite Dish (hehe)
1:06 Saw
1:19 Kickass
1:20 New Kallus
1:35 Chopper on lead X-Wing 
1:36 Hera wearing X-Wing? jumpsuit.  Her helmet has a logo of TIE with line over it
1:37 Somebody else is holding the dark saber, with Sabine and her mom behind her(?)

• Like 4