Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

Yea, they look like big brown walking gunk or blob with short legs.

Yeah the wookies have been terrible... don't know just WHY they couldn't make them better... I mean they've already been done better in the last series!

And I'm a little bit upset by LEGO that the only set where the mandalorian woman is included (azras speeder bike?) there is no helmet included for her... I mean most of the time in the series (especially when out for battle) she's wearing it!

Yeah the wookies have been terrible... don't know just WHY they couldn't make them better... I mean they've already been done better in the last series!

And I'm a little bit upset by LEGO that the only set where the mandalorian woman is included (azras speeder bike?) there is no helmet included for her... I mean most of the time in the series (especially when out for battle) she's wearing it!

When Princess Leiea says  Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?

I guess you have seen one bag of walking carpet you have seen them all.

(I agree they should have been better but its ok)

Watched the 3 episodes that have been released so far, and I like it.  I'm not blown away with it, but it does have a nice OT feel to the show.  Probably has a lot to do with the familiar vehicles and the John Williams score.  Everyone keeps saying that it's going to be kiddish, but the first 2 episodes had a pretty high body count, I figured in a kids show everyone would catch stormtrooper syndrome.  And the 3rd episode deals with some pretty nasty weapons.  I think it strikes a pretty good balance between being kid friendly and having some more mature themes so far.

15252313510_545846f8af_z.jpg

Looks like she doesn't come with her helmet?  I understand Lego likes to spread the minifigs around in different sets and create variations so that we buy all the sets, but I think it's crazy that one of the main characters doens't get her iconic show look with helmet in the first 2 waves.

seen the hour long movie but how are you guys on episdoe 3 already?  isnt the first episode not until this monday or so and one episode every week?

"Spark of Rebellion" is the movie and is roughly the length as 2 episodes. I was under the impression that was the series premiere, but it appears Disney has spun that off so there would be another thing to buy (They're really good at that). It was released on DVD exclusively at Walmart on the 3rd and for streaming a few days before that. But Disney XDs website lists the season premiere as the 13th, which is the "Droids in Distress" episode. It was made available for free on itunes on the 6th, with a listed airdate of the 13th. Also, Xfinity lists "Spark of Rebellion" as the first 2 episodes, with "Droids in Distress" listed as the 3rd so that may be confusing things as well.

as an invester, i'm bullish on Lego Rebels now. 

i watched the first 2 episodes. Rebels is perfect concept to pull in both prequel / clone wars and original trilogy fans.  tie-fighters, ISDs, Stormtroopers, Bail Organa, Vader, being canon, etc... 

now if only they would decrease the nose sizes and remove the Freddy Prinze's char's chin wookie hair.

• Like 1

as an invester, i'm bullish on Lego Rebels now. 

i watched the first 2 episodes. Rebels is perfect concept to pull in both prequel / clone wars and original trilogy fans.  tie-fighters, ISDs, Stormtroopers, Bail Organa, Vader, being canon, etc... 

now if only they would decrease the nose sizes and remove the Freddy Prinze's char's chin wookie hair.

I agree completely. They have definitely placed the series in the right time frame for merchandising, let's just hope they don't phone in the storytelling. After watching the first few episodes my 8 year old went from wanting the AT-AT and Snowspeeder for Christmas to going all in on SW Rebels. We haven't built any of them yet but I like the look of all of the Rebels sets except for the Wookie Gunship.

I'm sure I'm not the first to make the comparison but, there's a lot familiar about this show. Of course, I haven't read the books, and I hope I don't upset serious followers... but...could it be...?

The Ghost = Millennium Falcon

Ezra = Luke

Sabine = Leah

Kanan = Obiwan

Hera = Han

Zeb = Chewy

Chopper = R2

I'm sure I'm not the first to make the comparison but, there's a lot familiar about this show. Of course, I haven't read the books, and I hope I don't upset serious followers... but...could it be...?

Ezra = Luke

Sabine = Leah

Kanan = Obiwan

Hera = Han

Zeb = Chewy

Chopper = R2

And at the end of the series they will all end up on Alderon to meet with Obi Wan and Luke when the Death Star shows up to make Luke the last Jedi in the Galaxy.
  • Like 1

I agree completely. They have definitely placed the series in the right time frame for merchandising, let's just hope they don't phone in the storytelling. After watching the first few episodes my 8 year old went from wanting the AT-AT and Snowspeeder for Christmas to going all in on SW Rebels. We haven't built any of them yet but I like the look of all of the Rebels sets except for the Wookie Gunship.

I should also state / disclaim.

While bullish, I'm not buying the sets for long-term (if I buy any) unless an exclusive comes out. There are just too many minifig (and ship) refreshes to worry about.

Ezra = Luke

Sabine = Leah

Kanan = Obiwan

Hera = Han

Zeb = Chewy

Chopper = R2

Not that anything is exactly original, but Disney in particular is kind of known for their marketing savvy. They know what works, and they make it. It's a formula. One that has been created through decades of market research and in the new "awesome" era of data mining and analytics, they know exactly how to bring everything to the mean and make a product everyone can want. 

Kids who grew up on Star Wars have kids now to share this with. It's got old stuff so the parents will be drawn to it (Vader! Stormertroopers! Ties! Lucas isn't involved!) it's got new stuff so the kids will want to buy it.  (Cool aliens! Guns! Lightsabres! Fast paced action! Disney eyes!) It's just another finely crafted product line from the fine folks at Disney. 

I found the show very OK as I mentioned before and I certainly see the appeal,  but my son couldn't keep his eyes off it. 

Not that anything is exactly original, but Disney in particular is kind of known for their marketing savvy. They know what works, and they make it. It's a formula. One that has been created through decades of market research and in the new "awesome" era of data mining and analytics, they know exactly how to bring everything to the mean and make a product everyone can want.

Kids who grew up on Star Wars have kids now to share this with. It's got old stuff so the parents will be drawn to it (Vader! Stormertroopers! Ties! Lucas isn't involved!) it's got new stuff so the kids will want to buy it. (Cool aliens! Guns! Lightsabres! Fast paced action! Disney eyes!) It's just another finely crafted product line from the fine folks at Disney.

I found the show very OK as I mentioned before and I certainly see the appeal, but my son couldn't keep his eyes off it.

I agree, but I think that's why Disney was taken by surprise with Frozen. It doesn't fit with that traditional model.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

Watched the "premiere" episode (episode 3) this morning with my 2 year old.  We loved it. 

Hera is on the fast track for being my favorite character.  Great character.  I really like the way they write her.  And I disagree with the idea that she's Han Solo.  I like that she's pretty much always on the ship.  She's #2, but she's the one with the most realistic head on her shoulders.