Ed Mack

57 members have voted

1. 1. How high can the Zombies 9765 Go?

• Its Done Growing
    • $200
    • $250
    • $300
    • Can't stop it, its growth is undead!

I was fortunate to get one when they were on-sale for $29.99.  I wanted one bad, but I waited for a deal, as usual.  Of course, I didn't realize they would disappear shortly afterward, so I only got one and it's still sealed.  I now have a fear of opening it.  I guess I should figure out if I want to sell this thing or not.

In this situation, I would sell it in new condition, and use the profits to buy a used one if you really want to have the set.

• Like 1

I purchased the cheaper sets in Sept 2012 for my son but thought this wS overpriced at $40.

I just started investing in late Nov 2012.

Where there signs to jump on this sign? At that time, were retired Target exclusives doing well?

Heck, what did I know then. NOTHING.

Only if I had my 2014 Lego knowledge back when this set was out.

If I am honest, I really didn't think anything about investing when The Zombies was available. All I cared or thought about was "I gotta get me one!". Literally. That's what was running through my head every single day until I did. Then afterwards having my He-Man "I HAVE THE POWER!!!!" while holding the box in the air moment, I realized this is going to be an awesome investment but I was such a 'wet behind the ears' newcomer to Brickpicker that I had no idea truly. If I had any logic back then it probably went like:

1) It's zombies

2) It's Lego

And that was far as it went. A whole lot of enthusiasm and simple minded processing but not much else so I didn't actually know anything then either. I understand way better now thanks to the site and everybody here.

I was fortunate to get one when they were on-sale for $29.99. I wanted one bad, but I waited for a deal, as usual. Of course, I didn't realize they would disappear shortly afterward, so I only got one and it's still sealed. I now have a fear of opening it. I guess I should figure out if I want to sell this thing or not.

There

not sure if this is of any interest to anyone, but i just used the bricks and pieces section on the lego site and, aside from the minifigures and some other pieces (99%) you can buy "the zombies" for about 82$  is this a good deal?

I would say no. The minifigures would cost you at least another $40 to buy if you want to complete the set, and after that, it's not worth it anymore. The only reason I would buy through the bricks and pieces selection is to acquire pieces that are available there for a cheaper price than what Bricklink has.

of course i was trying to get them all from one place, maybe that was my problem

That's probably the problem. If you spread it out over three or four purchases, you could get a better price. IMO, if you want the set complete for yourself, go and buy a used one. The costs of bricklinking the set is probably near the same amount as buying it used from somewhere.

I was fortunate to get one when they were on-sale for $29.99.  I wanted one bad, but I waited for a deal, as usual.  Of course, I didn't realize they would disappear shortly afterward, so I only got one and it's still sealed.  I now have a fear of opening it.  I guess I should figure out if I want to sell this thing or not.

I did not even want this set. Fortunately, in this one case anyway, my wife wants almost everything, so we got it. Now I want to sell it...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I have heard that the zombie bride hairpiece is valuable, is it the hairpiece itself or the color, picking up one of my son's playsets (9497-1) i realized that the female jedi has a very similar hairpiece, is it the same mold just black? if it is the same, just a diff color, would it be quite valuable too?

I have heard that the zombie bride hairpiece is valuable, is it the hairpiece itself or the color, picking up one of my son's playsets (9497-1) i realized that the female jedi has a very similar hairpiece, is it the same mold just black? if it is the same, just a diff color, would it be quite valuable too?

You can check for this on Bricklink. Search Catalog for the set number then click "view inv" to see list of parts. Then click appropriate part to see item page. Then view Lots for Sale. Alternately, if you know the part number, just enter that in Items for Sale.

• 1 month later...

It's hair color.

Nope.  You might think so, but that's not the case.

The hair piece for the Zombie Bride came in Dark Tan.  To date, The Zombies is the only set that this part came in this color.  All the other colors that this pieces comes in,occurs with a lot more frequency.  Even though it only appears in one set as black (the Cheerleader for CMF Series 8, there are a lot more Cheerleaders out there than there are Zombies.

Here's the listing on Bricklink.

There's only one listing for that hair piece for sale on BL.  There's 26 listings for the Black version of this piece.  The price difference is ~$25 to 60 cents.