57 members have voted

1. 1. How high can the Zombies 9765 Go?

• Its Done Growing
    • $200
    • $250
    • $300
    • Can't stop it, its growth is undead!

Hello All,

I am traveling in taiwan and i think i can purchase some 9465 for around 40-50 bucks US. The boxes are a little different here for some of the set (localization). The manuals might be in chinese too (not like that matters from a building perspective).

Do you think collectors would care and how so?

Normally i would never buy this set but considering the investment quality of it? Is it worth it?

40-50 bucks? - Buy them all

After doing the math, it looks like they are around 66 dollars. The boxes are kind of large, wondering how many i could fit into my luggage without crushing them. When I collected MTG cards, non-US cards would usaully fetch around 0.75 to .50 of the normal english counter parts. But i guess this is different since you don't need to be able to read the card to play with it.

Nobody will care about the international box, so you're good there. $66/set isn't ideal, but you're still way ahead if the game on this set. What limitations do you have as far as luggage for the flight? At current prices you're making $30-40 a set easy here, so it might be worth it to purchase a reinforced cardboard box a get as many of these as you can to bring home with you.

Nobody will care about the international box, so you're good there.

I think it depends on the product. Other toys I have collected in the past, due to the rareness of the toy I have bought different carded items that were foreign and the value was significantly less through the years.

• 2 weeks later...

In Switzerland for 1 day with my kid and he says he would love a hero factory thing! So we went in to the nearest toy shop And on the shelves are about 10 9465s !! Zombies!! For 40 euros each!! I bought 2 then bought another 2 when I went back! I forgot my kid...;) it's not really a topic, but I'm so happy I had to share!!!

In Switzerland for 1 day with my kid and he says he would love a hero factory thing! So we went in to the nearest toy shop

And on the shelves are about 10 9465s !! Zombies!! For 40 euros each!! I bought 2 then bought another 2 when I went back! I forgot my kid...;) it's not really a topic, but I'm so happy I had to share!!!

That was a great find. That set is very hard to find much less find 10 of them. Were the sets in plain view or were they pushed to the side?

Yeah, i live next to Geneva and same, the store next to my office had about 7 boxes of 9465, picked up 3 in perfect shape. Also had 4 winter village toy shops 10199 at 90$ (hidden, way at the top shelf in an area that has absolutely nothing to do with Lego...) waiting for the next paycheck to grab a couple more, guess the swiss aren't as crazy about lego investing!

• 5 months later...