Musical Picks

TheOrcKing

This series of games had some of the best tunes ever, which you may or may not find surprising considering they were released on the Gameboy Advance. A handful really stick out but each is absolutely brilliant. Here's one from the last sequel that I absolutely love the f***ing s*** out of it! (Since there was an official cover & remix by Capcom, I've added links to those as well.)

Mega Man Zero 4 (2005 - Game Boy Advance)
Straight Ahead - Ragnarok Control Room (Original)
Straight Ahead (Physis Cover)
Straight Ahead (Mythos Remix)

You can download those tracks as well as the entire arranged soundtrack from The Megaman Network.
(I had direct links to the different albums but they don't seem to want to work at all for some reason.)

And here's a couple 8-bit Nintendo esque remixes just for fun.
Straight Ahead (8-Bit MIDI Remix)
Straight Ahead (Against the Pressure in real 8-Bit)
And here's one that sounds like the 16-Bit games from SNES.

Taking another retro-leap back, here's a track from a Super Nintendo game that was never released stateside until a remake/rerelease on the Gameboy Advance. Like a lot of anime tracks, there's this intense sense of passion and fighting against all the odds. I've added links to the original and the official covers by Namco

Tales of Phantasia (1995 - Super Nintendo)
Fighting of the Spirit (Original)
Fighting of the Spirit (MIDI Cover)
Fighting of the Spirit (Arranged Cover)

Here's a few remixes.
Saitama Saishuu Heiki - Fighting of the Spirit (Rock/Metal Remix)
Sixto Sounds & Dshu - The Unholy Wars (Fighting of the Spirit - OCRemix)

Here's another playlist, this time for yet another early title from the original Playstation, one that created the standard of futuristic anti-gravity racing fused with an techno/electronic soundtrack and was the first non-japan game for the console.

Wipeout (1995 - Playstation)

These next three were exclusive to the PAL version of the game.

Here's the website for the original artist, CoLD SToRAGE. You can download these and other tracks for free from there as well as buy albums of his latest offerings.

Speaking of PS1 games, did anyone play Bust A Groove ?

Some purists like the japanese version better.

Unlike other (lame) dancing games, in Bust A Groove you can actually sabotage your opponent's moves ;)

Dude, you're speaking my language! I was getting around to posting the full playlist eventually, just been trying to go from genre to genre so no one got bored. (Including me! Heh.) I'm not really a purist but I do like the long original extended cuts from the game. I don't really care either way. If the track's good, I'm listening.

Here's the playlist anyhow, might as well. (The two you found were added in for good measure.)

Bust a Groove (1998 - Playstation)

I love that you're bringing back all the old Super Nintendo and Playstation throwback stuff! Man this stuff makes me feel old haha

Hey, if it was good then, it's good now! It is funny though cause when I think of the 90's, it really doesn't feel that long ago. That's until I do the math and then I'm like "Ah crap! It was long ago!" Ha ha! Ah well, what can you do? I'll just pass off what I like and maybe the younger generation will carry it on for us. I'm gonna post tracks from the Sega CD as well.

Well here's another throwback from a ridiculousy expense console at the time and even now that you may or may not have heard of, NeoGeo. (The tracks are from the higher quality and even more expensive NeoGeo CD system.)

Viewpoint (1992 - Neo Geo CD)

The playlist is missing the Main Theme, Begin Game, and Highscore tracks.

This was on the soundtrack, but not used in the game.

Here's the Playstation version of the soundtrack.

Viewpoint (1996 - Playstation)

The first two are the full tracks, the others are kind of. They were the best I could find. No one has posted them really.

This blows my mind

Dude, you're not kidding. I had to pick up all the little bits of brain matter off my monitor.

Feels like a mix between Dragonforce and Tool.

Dragonforce

Through the Fire & Flames (Music Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s

Through the Fire & Flames (Extended)

Tool

Vicarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXBCdt5IPg

Schism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjG47gtMCo

Another post, another tune.

Here's one that is both awesome and hilarious at the same time!

"Weird Al" Yankovic - I'll Sue Ya!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeXQBHLIPcw

Have you seen this one? I think it is catchy for people that like Science. (Me!)

They Might Be Giants- "Meet the Elements"

Have you seen this one? I think it is catchy for people that like Science. (Me!)

They Might Be Giants- "Meet the Elements"

I've heard the tune but haven't seen that music video. Thanks for the link.

Well here's my reply to your scienceyness!

Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science (1982)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijnp-w4-MY8

She Blinded Me With Science (Tenchi Muyo Music Video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiwAYSwBWH8

I just happened to come across the second one. For me, the original Tenchi Muyo anime is one of the best ever done. It's funny and a little wierd but has some cool fight scenes and space battles. Plus the women looked like actual women (apart from the hair color). It gets tiring and kinda boring after a while when they keep drawing women with ridiculous porportions. I still think Washu is the most beautiful and sexiest woman of anime ever.

Another post, another tune.

Here's the intro to a game from the Mega CD (Sega CD in the US).

It's not that well animated but was something back in the day. Tune still kicks butt though.

A-Rank Thunder Tanjouhen - Intro, 1993

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyGoJiOnL8E

Here's the full playlist for a fighting game on the Playstation oozing with anime flavor from every digital pore. You could swear you were watching an actual anime and not just a game with the way how it's presented. Plus the different animated cutscenes and voice actors helped too. The control scheme was incredibly simple with only two buttons (one to attack, the other to defend).

Evil Zone (1999 - Playstation)

The original Japanese opening used "Kiss in the Dark" by Masami Okui.