would anyone else buy this cuusoo rms titanic if made?

jaisonline

I really like it, I'd be curious to see know how well it is build, a ship that size will need to be sight built and it would have to break down to be moved at all. There is a lot of design that goes into making it strong enough to do this. I think his price estimations are pretty off, I know large sets typically have a low price per piece ratio, but his pieces are a lot bigger than the ones in Tower Bridge or the other sets he cited. I would estimate, based on the sheer size of the model and size of his bricks (this is a brick built hull, not a plate exterior on a technic frame like the star wars display models) that it would weigh in at around 35-50lbs and cost $600-800. Furthermore, it would have to have a very large custom box as the UCS falcon completely maxes out its oversized box.

Someone brought this up months ago and I still think LEGO wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole because of the tragedy that occurred.......same goes for the WTC in my opinion.

True. Probably shouldn't do those two. Someone made the WTC? I definitely wouldn't buy it, unless it showed the planes already rammed into it. And if it had a "Never Forget" or something like that motto on a little info plaque.

Someone brought this up months ago and I still think LEGO wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole because of the tragedy that occurred.......same goes for the WTC in my opinion.

I would own both if they were made because they would be huge, iconic builds, and I think they would sell surprisingly well, but you're completely right Lego won't ever touch either of these.

I would probably buy it as a display model. The real question is will Lego actually produce this set? I would say no on the fact it was a tragedy and so many people died. But, if you think of the first Death Star almost 31,622,963 people/space creatures died when it blew up according The Technical Book of Science Fiction Films. ;) On a serious note, I don't think Lego will consider this set.

True. Probably shouldn't do those two. Someone made the WTC? I definitely wouldn't buy it, unless it showed the planes already rammed into it. And if it had a "Never Forget" or something like that motto on a little info plaque.why would you want the planes already rammed into the buildings? that seems like quite a morbid display scene if you ask me. will there be minifigs jumping from the 85th floor, too? just the two towers in all of their glory with a never forget plaque would be a beautiful set and a good way to honor those who's lived were lost. as for the titanic, i think it would be a great set to build and display. i would buy one for sure.

True. Probably shouldn't do those two. Someone made the WTC? I definitely wouldn't buy it, unless it showed the planes already rammed into it. And if it had a "Never Forget" or something like that motto on a little info plaque.why would you want the planes already rammed into the buildings? that seems like quite a morbid display scene if you ask me. will there be minifigs jumping from the 85th floor, too? just the two towers in all of their glory with a never forget plaque would be a beautiful set and a good way to honor those who's lived were lost. as for the titanic, i think it would be a great set to build and display. i would buy one for sure.To get the full purpose of the build. I wouldn't want the WTC to see the destruction. I would want it to remind myself of the actual event. Sorry for any misunderstandings. ;)

I would absolutely buy this SS Titanic set. I can tell you this would be a grand slam for Lego too. There could be more Titanic fans than Lego AFOLs! It's one of those subjects that has always fascinated people, and will continue to do so. Plus, it's a realistic model ship opening up another group of collectors.

I would probably buy it as a display model. The real question is will Lego actually produce this set? I would say no on the fact it was a tragedy and so many people died. But, if you think of the first Death Star almost 31,622,963 people/space creatures died when it blew up according The Technical Book of Science Fiction Films. ;).

Dont forget all the Bothans that died getting the rebels the techinical data for the raid.

I would buy that Titanic for sure! c'mon Lego, have some balls and make it! I can understand Lego not wanting to make the WTC, but the Titanic would be a great seller and the tragedy happened 101 years ago I think enough time has passed...I mean would that many people really be offended by a Lego Titanic? There's been other titanic models from other companies, etc. and I can't recall an uproar over those.