41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I am almost as excited for this set as I was when I first saw the Haunted House pictures last year. This set is going to be a big hit in my opinion. I typically don't even like technic sets that much, but this set rocks!! Thanks to Brickextra for the pics!

Link to Crawler on Lego Shop

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/4x4-Crawler-Exclusive-Edition-41999

BrickExtra news link

41999-TECHNIC-Model.png

Shop-at-Home link

I like this design much more than the original 4x4 Crawler which is good in its own rights. Lego did a good job of keeping the original submitted design, although the one submitted looked a little more like a truck than a muscle car. That blue scheme is more interesting than plain ol' black in my opinion.

NIce! I like the bit about limited production of 20k sets, I can see the returns already :)

Couldn't agree more!

It looks good, but to be honest I am not liking where Lego is heading with these limited production runs.

Gold minifigs, an initial run of 10,000 Minecraft, now 20,000 of this.

Yeah, while Lego is only making 20,000 initially, I'm sure they will end up making more just like they did with the Minecraft. I don't see this being anywhere near as popular as Minecraft, but I still see the 20,000 selling really fast. Then again who knows, it is a $200 set, so it will be harder for people with a low budget to acquire this set, or multiples of it. I would love for Lego to only sell 20,000 and then stop as this set would be an investment winner overnight! But I'm sure after selling the 20,000 they will eventually have a 2nd or even 3rd wave of this set. Could be great for a quick flip, especially for this Christmas!

I like this design much more than the original 4x4 Crawler which is good in its own rights. Lego did a good job of keeping the original submitted design, although the one submitted looked a little more like a truck than a muscle car. That blue scheme is more interesting than plain ol' black in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more!

Agreed, the blue looks a thousand times better than the black IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this set with Power Functions would be even better, who knows maybe it will be PF compatible.

I was under the impression that whatever RC functions came with the original 4x4 come with this one. You can see the infrared receiver in the pictures.

Man... I have got to start rotating my inventory to make room for bigger sets. Though I am hesitant to invest in this theme.... this looks like a winner to me.

Same! I need to make room or this set, it's definitely going to be a winner in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

I was under the impression that whatever RC functions came with the original 4x4 come with this one. You can see the infrared receiver in the pictures.

Yes. This is an improved version of 9398 (exactly the same chassis and mechanics, just a new body from a fellow designer), so it contains all the PFs to make it a RC car.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't they say 10,000 or something originally for the Minecraft sets? I'm not sure I really buy their production numbers. If they want to make more they'll just take off the "limited edition" part and make a regular edition. Or leave it on and say that they meant 20,000 would be produced each year until they decide to stop.

Didn't they say 10,000 or something originally for the Minecraft sets? I'm not sure I really buy their production numbers. If they want to make more they'll just tAke off the "limited edition" part and make a regular edition. Or leave it on and say that they meant 20,000 would be produced each year until they decide to stop.

Believe me, I know the feeling of hearing this same old song & dance before. More I think about, this limited run of 20,000 is probably just referring to the individually numbered first editions of the set. I heard there is supposed to be a printed tile with the number of the set in the run for a licence plate.