Power Miners - general discussion

Quacs

I have a bead on two of the sets in this theme, and wondered what people thought the long term potential might look like. The Price Guide looks great - I assume they went EOL in 2011 (or 2012) since they were released in 2009, and they have made some gains already. Anyone see potential for more gains on these sets?

Could you mention which two they are? Overall, it looks like the first wave or year of Power Miners has done pretty good with a handful selling at 2x-3x more than retail. Although at this point it doesn't look like anywhere near the amount of sold listings as there was around March of last year. I'm currently seeing a few even listed anymore on eBay while Bricklink has a bit more.

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone, this is my first post on Brickpicker. My kids are huge Lego fans and I have become one too! In my search for sales and deals for my kids I have come across a couple of really good Craigslist deals and thought maybe I can make some money off some of it to reinvest for presents for the kids. Some of the sets I have purchased include quite a few Power Miners sets, which according to my Brickfolio can be worth quite a bit. I'm not able to find out much about Power Miners, can't find any on the Brick Classifieds just to see what people are selling it for or if there is a market? I have seen some on Ebay but again, wondering if there is a market for it? Thanks for any and all info. or advice!

Like Stephen said check the sold listings on eBay or just use the BP price guide. If you have a bunch of them enter them into the lot calculator so you can check them all at once. It seems that bulk lots of a certain age always have a few Power Miners sets in them. They do sell, just not as fast as some of the other lines.

Thank you! I have checked out Ebay and the asking prices are great considering I paid a great price for the lot. I agree though that they will probably be a slow sell considering the same ones have been on Ebay for a long time. And if I don't sell them, no big deal cause my kids love the theme as well. They don't know I have all of these sets, haha!

My boys loved PM a few years ago, but now most of those sets sleep with the other homeless bits and pieces in big plastic bins downstairs. Great advice to take a look at the sold listings--I also like to sort by date: recent first. You can also compare auction vs. Buy it Now. Auctions will sell sooner, but for an older item without a huge following (those things which sit for a while), you may not get as much.

Welcome--and good luck!