The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

I saw an article about this and I decided I should share it with you guys/gals. There is a new animated Lego movie coming out called.... "The Lego Movie" by the Warner Bros. (I'm pretty sure they could have came up with a better name.) (: Anyways, the movie is slated to be shown in U.S. theaters on February 7th 2014. (Shown in 2D and 3D.) The cast includes Will Arnett from "Arrested Development", Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson from "Taken 2", Alison Brie from "Community", Nick Offerman from "Parks and Recreation", and Elizabeth Banks from the "Hunger Games." The directors/writers are Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. (21 Jump Street, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.)

Considering the popularity of Lego and the star-filled cast, I think this movie will do great. What is your opinion about the release of a Lego movie?

I saw an article about this and I decided I should share it with you guys/gals. There is a new animated Lego movie coming out called.... "The Lego Movie" by the Warner Bros. (I'm pretty sure they could have came up with a better name.) (: Anyways, the movie is slated to be shown in U.S. theaters on February 7th 2014. (Shown in 2D and 3D.) The cast includes Will Arnett from "Arrested Development", Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson from "Taken 2", Alison Brie from "Community", Nick Offerman from "Parks and Recreation", and Elizabeth Banks from the "Hunger Games." The directors/writers are Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. (21 Jump Street, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.)

Considering the popularity of Lego and the star-filled cast, I think this movie will do great. What is your opinion about the release of a Lego movie?

I personally see it as an unnecessary risk on Lego's part.

I personally see it as an unnecessary risk on Lego's part.Could you elaborate a little more on why you think it is risky?They are at the top at what they do & they are doing unbelievably well. If the movie were to bomb, I could see it tarnishing their top quality image. It "should" do well & might be great - but I don't think that the risk/reward is worthwhile.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

So fun, I cannot wait to see this!  Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs stills gets played monthly...those guys have a wicked sense of humor.

I especially love the stop-motion/CGI hybrid look, no offense to TT Games, but I'm getting sick of smoothly animated lego characters.

• Like 3

So fun, I cannot wait to see this!  Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs stills gets played monthly...those guys have a wicked sense of humor.

I especially love the stop-motion/CGI hybrid look, no offense to TT Games, but I'm getting sick of smoothly animated lego characters.

Same here on all that. I will always go for stop-motion over computer generated graphics anyday. Although I will also always go see Pixar's work like their latest, Monsters University! :D