75005 - Rancor Pit

cpcarey1225

I also think the Rancor is incredible. I know there are a lot of people that say this set is overpriced and while it may seem like a lot, it couldn't have been cheap for Lego to produce such a quality item. I would prefer to get it on sale but if I never saw it on sale I would have eventually broken down and paid full price for it.

At first I didn't like this set really, but after seeing it in person at the Lego store and seeing the Rancor figure I fell in love. I think the figure will hold decent value years from now on the secondary market.

Feel the same about this set as well as the B-Wing. When I saw it in the magazine, I thought, "Heck, its just another Twilight, and a lump of gray". Then I saw it in the Lego store as a display, then I really wanted it!

It's too bad that it's dropping on BL to $17. :( It's going the way of the Cave Troll and Goblin King.

Yeah, I have a feeling it will continue to drop a little until after the set EOLs in a couple years. Once the set becomes more rare, this figure will become more rare making it worth more. That is assuming Lego doesn't do a remake shortly after like they seem to do with many of the SW sets.