Trains - general discussion

Seifer

I see right, bley plates are from 3677 flatbed car or maersk 10219 and the white one from 7686 helicopter transport, I think.  Since you got two bley's you probably had a maersk 10219 in there?

Yeah, I've built a Maersk train out of the lot.  Pretty sure this guy MOC'd a lot of train cars/engines with all the parts I have.  I was really hoping to be able to make more train sets, but there haven't been any pieces to complete any other train sets. 

In this case, I think it has less to do with the type if parts and more to do with the time involvement. If the thought of parting, listing and shipping 50-100 auctions seems like fun to you, then you can make a little more money than selling it as one bulk lot.

For me, my time is worth a lot. Spending the additional 20-30 hours wouldn't be worth it, even if I made an extra $500.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Both new trains look great. I agree with the statement that the blue loc looks short and stubby and would definately prefer the look of the Maersk loco. Still it will do. As for the new white passanger train it looks amazing. IMO the Horizon express will be in trouble because of this one. It looks better and has PF!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the US trains have been done to death- perhaps giving some other countries a go instead, maybe a Russian design or a Japanese design might be nice- however most of the MOC fans seem to invest heavily into old European stream trains dating from the 1950's- plenty of websites geared upto providing many specialized pieces for wheels and rods etc- however i would like to see trains from films made into kits for something collectable and just something special for keepers.

May be a special set like a model of the Orient Express with several carriages and a platform to boot, or a snow train to go with the snow village sets- something modern and up to date- or even a German/Japanese Maglev train?

I really like the next trains coming out, and the train station.  I would love to see some of the licensed engines come back.  Would love to add some BNSF engines, but not at $200 each(used).  Would also like to see some open rail cars for coal to throw in some 1x1 round black plates.  That's about the only trains I see around here as we're right along the main line from Wyoming.

• 3 weeks later...

Massive train collector here (if anybody has an Observation Car for Santa Fe Super  chief here please PM me btw. :))

They look very complimentary to the last set of trains. 7897 was more of an German ICE-1 design but the new white one looks closer to the German ICE-3 variants.

The blue loco i'm not too fond of though, but maybe that's because I've been spoiled by the Maersk engine. The thing looks so short and stubby. Maybe good as a yard shunter or something (still love my red cargo train engine the most from the City sets).

Will definitely need to stock up on 7939s now if I see them on sale.

If LEGO made the nose of the new train a bit more rounder it will look exactly like DB ICE 3.

But in terms of resemblance it will have to be the Horizon Express (SNCF TGV). Too bad it is only half the set

As far I can see now I do not like the new passenger train. The cargo train looks ok. I believe they will never be as iconic as the emerald or the maersk. I like the nose to be brick-build. Not in one piece. The horizon is much nicer in my humble opinion. Remembers me of the good old 7745 (which I own). Just a shame you need two sets of the horizon and that it is without power functions and tracks.

White passenger train looks OK to me, but I'll have to watch a review before I draw any conclusions.

And I concider Horizon Express a great set. The build is complex so will appeal to Afol's. And the French TGV is one of the most iconic trains in railroad history.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

Guest TabbyBoy

What's the problem with Horizon?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Brickpicker mobile app

In my opinion, you need:

2 of them to build a complete train (who wants a TGV with no arse end?)

Track

Power functions

Don't get me totally wrong... It's a nice looking train but, I think it represents poor value considering that you can buy a "complete" 7938 often discounted for less.  Therefore, I'm passing on Horizon Express.  More for you then. ;-)

In my opinion, you need:

2 of them to build a complete train (who wants a TGV with no arse end?)

Track

Power functions

Don't get me totally wrong... It's a nice looking train but, I think it represents poor value considering that you can buy a "complete" 7938 often discounted for less.  Therefore, I'm passing on Horizon Express.  More for you then. ;-)

oh, weel...considering I've to buy two!!!

seriously, thanks for your important opinion