1. 1. Do you like sets from Creator?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
  2. 2. Do you invest in Creator?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

This topic is mainly for talking about the whole Creator line including the houses to the smaller models. It can range from what you would like to see as a future set, an idea about an alternate design, a model built using a certain choice of colors, etcetera. Here is a quick link listing the entire theme.

Any discussion about design ideas and predictions about the modular builds can be directed here.

I do like the theme. I think it's great for builders on a budget as you are given everything you need to construct multiple things with the same pieces. The sets do have a sort of "generic" feel to them, but some of the designs that have come out recently, such as the "bald eagle" are more unique and should lend more originality to the theme. I'd like to pick a couple of these sets up to build down the line.

I love how simple, yet awesome the sets are, and how they can be more easily taken apart and the pieces 'free built' with than other series. Iespeciallylike the Creator houses and large aircraft, because of how genaric and colorful they are. I don't have any of these sets except for two of the mini models, because of my dedication to Lego Star Wars, but still would love these sets. For me, they stick closest to TLG's core principles.

I think Creator is good and brings back what Lego was from the beginning before all the licensed themes came out. Like Rich mentioned the houses and vehicles. The new Palace Cinema is excellent. This is the best set of all though: http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=4894-1

• Like 1

I think Creator is good and brings back what Lego was from the beginning before all the licensed themes came out. Like Rich mentioned the houses and vehicles. The new Palace Cinema is excellent.

This is the best set of all though:

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=4894-1

Agreed Jeff that is a great set! My all time favorite Creator set is the 4954 Model Town House. It goes great along side the modular buildings in a city layout. I which Lego would make more city style houses like this!

Agreed Jeff that is a great set! My all time favorite Creator set is the 4954 Model Town House. It goes great along side the modular buildings in a city layout. I which Lego would make more city style houses like this!

I just built that 4954, it's really cool. I love the color scheme. It will be on ebay soon as it was part of a lot flip, but I really like it and would love to keep it, but money talks. I'm not a huge fan of the normal smaller Creator sets, but the larger stuff including the houses and even up the the Expert line is really cool.

Both sets mentioned are brilliant!

I know for myself out of all the Creator sets, the houses and perhaps vehicles are ones I crave getting more than only one (especially when on a good discount). Just so many possibilities for your own creativity outside of what the set itself provides. Many of the builds can be generic or not quite awe inspiring so they may not gain as much as some licensed set or maybe a City set even but I believe that general appeal is what helps them sell in the first place. They are not just another Star Wars spacecraft or garbage truck but truly inspirational models.

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is just for talking about the Creator Theme. raging for buying the Apple Tree House and finding out it has no minifig, or buying the Log Cabin and wanting more water. Also talking about how you customized your houses is liked, and asking for help on how to do it is fine.

I would not mind a little more realism in the houses but considering they are from the Creator line I don't see what the big deal is about no minifigures included for the most part. They are meant to be parts sets mainly and if no minifigure helps to keep costs down considerably then I would rather not have one included at all. In a way, the Creator houses are like the 'everyman' models. You could buy a bunch here & there to then create your own modular houses if you wish. $150 or more is a lot to plunk down all at once on a single set for your average consumer. I'm slowly working up my collection of a couple specific Creator houses so that later on I can do my own modular builds.

Just built the log cabin and the seaside house over the last couple weekends with my 5-year-old. 1 minifig in each set and I think it's about right. Looks nice as display sets, but wouldn't mind getting some simple furnitures for the inside. Each has a stand-alone tree that I wish is connected, so I ended up putting the log cabin tree at the corner of the green baseplate but couldn't find a place for the seaside house tree.

I like the creator houses being smaller and cheaper than the moduler houses, almost like starter homes. 300-400 pieces is probably the most pieces my son has the patience to build in one sitting anyway. So still a few years away from building the moduler houses.

Tried putting the two houses side-by-sides next to each other, but not sure Lego has designed them to be connected like the modular houses. The 2 blue plates for the water line up well, but the long side of each house is where there's good details to be shown, so now the two are sitting top of the fireplace separately.

I think the average collector has plenty of minifigs lying around that can move into these homes. I think they actually work well with the CMFs, as some have props that can help decorate a home and you can match different characters to appropriate houses. I think 1-2 minifigs per set is more than enough, but I would definitely prefer a higher piece count and cooler build to more minifigs.

• Like 1

Just built the log cabin and the seaside house over the last couple weekends with my 5-year-old. 1 minifig in each set and I think it's about right. Looks nice as display sets, but wouldn't mind getting some simple furnitures for the inside. Each has a stand-alone tree that I wish is connected, so I ended up putting the log cabin tree at the corner of the green baseplate but couldn't find a place for the seaside house tree.

I like the creator houses being smaller and cheaper than the moduler houses, almost like starter homes. 300-400 pieces is probably the most pieces my son has the patience to build in one sitting anyway. So still a few years away from building the moduler houses.

Tried putting the two houses side-by-sides next to each other, but not sure Lego has designed them to be connected like the modular houses. The 2 blue plates for the water line up well, but the long side of each house is where there's good details to be shown, so now the two are sitting top of the fireplace separately.

Yes, I like the cheapness of the Creator house too, I just don't like the fact that I have to modify them to make them better. Also I like the fact that they are three- in- ones so you can build the other ones instead, have a good house, and have a whole bunch of extra pieces, too.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread I started last month mostly because guess what? Yep. I had a poll on this one but of course that was lost in translation. No matter, here it is again with an added bonus question. Please feel free to leave a comment or two. I love hearing your opinions! ^_^

I think Creator is good and brings back what Lego was from the beginning before all the licensed themes came out. Like Rich mentioned the houses and vehicles. The new Palace Cinema is excellent.

This is the best set of all though:

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=4894-1

That's set looks awesome, I would love to have a MISB one for my collection, too bad all the dillweed sellers on ebay are asking too much for them.