1. 1. Do you like sets from Creator?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
  2. 2. Do you invest in Creator?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Are sets like VW Camper, Sopwith Camel, Palace Cinema etc... really Creator?

PC to me is a continuation of the Modular theme, especially as it replaces GE (which in theory goes this year) so I was surprised when they wrote Creator on the box.

The others are really models.

Creator sets to me are those you can make into multiple sets, like the 3in1 6in1 etc... 

And those mentioned in Veegs' great recent article.

I think I will be getting some of these when the first wave of LOTR sets finally go.

I got back into Lego when my kids were ready to start building, and the Creator sets are my favorites for them.  They remind me of the old days when we had to make our own themes and felt more free to customize our builds within the sets.  Personally, I find it interesting to build the larger sets from my loose inventory, with or without the instructions.

I haven't gotten into the theme from the investment end--I am sticking with a fairly tight palette of themes for the time being--but it feels to me like a conservative choice in most cases.  I am sure that the larger sets, which feel less like they fit in the theme, will give a good return.

Guest ph4tb0i

I love the houses and some of the expert ones on this line, so yes. 

Can't wait till the Hot Dog stand comes out!

• 2 months later...

Love the houses and anything same scale as minifigures.

I tend to agree with this. I'm not very keen on the mini or medium build trucks and other vehicles which cannot seat a single minfigure but they are still good all the same. I'm becoming an absolute Creator house nut thanks in part on wanting to build my own modular house. I see Creator houses, I stock up on them like a madman! :frantics: Seaside House, you're next! :shifty:

Guest eightbrick

I'm becoming an absolute Creator house nut thanks in part on wanting to build my own modular house. I see Creator houses, I stock up on them like a madman! :frantics: Seaside House, you're next! :shifty:

This. When I free-build 75% of the time it is a modern residential building. The new family house is a must. Doesn't quite beat the model town house in terms of detail and overall impression, but it is the first international/modern style house we have seen thus far in the theme (I'm a huge fan of modern and prefab architecture).

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to agree with this. I'm not very keen on the mini or medium build trucks and other vehicles which cannot seat a single minfigure but they are still good all the same. I'm becoming an absolute Creator house nut thanks in part on wanting to build my own modular house. I see Creator houses, I stock up on them like a madman! :frantics: Seaside House, you're next! :shifty:

Apple Tree House - do you rate that as an investment?

• 10 months later...

You know what I want to see from this line? A good old fashioned classic spaceship as the main model (not an alternate) with translucent red or green pieces including the futuristic canopy reminiscent of the Space Police I & II series'. Also would like to see the houses have more variety in their colors for walls such as dark blue or bright green.

You know what I want to see from this line? A good old fashioned classic spaceship as the main model (not an alternate) with translucent red or green pieces including the futuristic canopy reminiscent of the Space Police I & II series'. Also would like to see the houses have more variety in their colors for walls such as dark blue or bright green.

Would replying to a 10 month old post be considered a necropost?

Going on a different tangent, even though the minifigures in the Creator theme are simple due to no torso printing (with the exception of the Family House), I actually kind of like them that way. I suppose they remind me of the characters from way back in the classic Town sets where no one had any printing really. Plus having featureless torsos makes them very easy to place into whatever MOC or display you're putting together. Kind of funny in a way, the modular house sets include minifigures with detailed torso printing yet the traditional 'smiley' from the very beginning while the regular Creator house sets have minifigures with simple non-decorated torsos but fully detailed faces.

Anywho, I hope Lego keeps things this way with having simple characters in the Creator line and leaving the more all-around detailed ones in other themes like City. Now I don

• 1 month later...

Not too long ago (maybe 2 or 3 weeks), someone posted an excel-type sheet with all the modular sets, their introduction date, and their retirement date (for those that are retired). Does anybody have any idea where this is? Or does anybody have a copy of something like that?

Thanks,

Mc1fan22

I'm glad you like it. This is a very simple document, but for sure it helped me to understand lego's strategy about this theme.

I simply used the bricklist's US availibilty for these sets, so it can be wrong. But overall I think it's ok (and the point is not to be super-accurate, it's just to give an idea of a bug's life a set's life).

That's whey when someone says "nope, the next one to retire will not be the GE, I feel that it will be the PS (pet shop)", I'm surprised. But why not after all !

I'll update this file when the next modular will retire. It can be useful for newcoming members. :)

• Like 1

Do you know how these Creator sets do eol?  I think they are really cool and they are a bit different but fit in with the City theme.  The tree house is cool and they had a beach house too.  I wasn't sure if these do well eol like the larger modular sets.

Since it sounds like you are looking for general information on the Creator theme, you can probably look through some of the Blog Articles. Here's one that I found very informative and helpful: LEGO Creator Housing Market: Boom or Bubble? by Veegs. Historically Creator sets do finely after retirement, but I'll let you decide what you want to buy on your own. ;)

• Like 1

Since it sounds like you are looking for general information on the Creator theme, you can probably look through some of the Blog Articles. Here's one that I found very informative and helpful: LEGO Creator Housing Market: Boom or Bubble? by Veegs. Historically Creator sets do finely after retirement, but I'll let you decide what you want to buy on your own. ;)

I'm on it.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty new to buying Legos, just for playing right now not really for investment. Does anyone have any idea about how the Amazon supply usually goes for some of these sets? I want to get some of the smaller sets from last year, like 31002 - 31009, and I see that some of them are not in stock at Amazon anymore. Given that they will probably EOL at the end of 2014, is there any guesses about whether Amazon will get them back in stock? 

They are all still widely available at LEGO Shop at Home, Target, and Walmart. I'm just wondering if I should go out and buy them from those places if they are going to run out of stock everywhere near the EOL.

Or is it more like, as long as they are still live at LEGO Shop at Home, they will still be widely available, and Amazon just doesn't have them right now?

• 1 year later...