7937 - Train Station

nolanfan34

I picked up a few about a month or so back when TRU had them on sale.  But with the new one coming out, which I think is of a higher quality, I'm not going crazy with it.

I agree. I think the new one looks a lot better and will probably hurt the value of this one. Then again you may have people who want both. In any case I have 11 and I am happy with that number.

Tried to pick up a couple stations from TRU but they're limiting you to one per order so I have to find something to pair with it. The only item that's within 5 bucks that I kind of want is battle of hoth which is wayyy overpriced and probably not a great investment. But now that it's limit one it probably means it'll be gone any day now right?

• 3 weeks later...

Different train stations will always be needed. Since they all have unique features and builds, I think that investing "softly" into the current one could still be safe. I bought four and keeping one, because it looks really neat for a mid-town type train station.

If you purchase now through TRU with the BOGO deal and have that 20% coupon, you can score it for about $40 each, which will be the lowest I've seen...

It`s currently available on Amazon UK for 25GBP. Great buy if you want one. 

For investment, honestly, it should do well. Most everyone with trains will want a station of some kind, whether it be this, a previously released version, or something different. The high quantity and low price at the moment for this makes it either a quick flip depending on where you are (as Grolim has said) or a long term hold. If you can't seem to/aren`t interested in flipping it, hang onto the ones you have but expect a long waiting period. Trains haven`t gone out of style yet, and I doubt they will anytime soon. 

No more 

• 1 month later...

Would that not be one of the best investment sets ever if that becomes reality? A modular train station.

Let's see the math. 1 train + 1 modular = DOUBLE THE INVESTMENT POWER! :hyper: Aside from Brick Builders Pro modular train station, I wonder how this could be pulled off using only the single 32x32 baseplate standard? Perhaps there would be the usual sidewalk and entryway in the front, a waiting area or lobby in the main structure, then enough area on the back for a docking area high enough to load up passengers and luggage onto the train.