853373 - Kingdoms Chess

LEGO HULK

Who ever said this was EOL?

I probably sound like a broken record, but I can't stress this enough - until it's gone at Lego LEGO Shop at Home, it's not EOL.  This set has been available on LEGO Shop at Home for over a year, and still is right now.  Even the "retiring soon" label on LEGO Shop at Home can be a bit dubious - see recent examples of Orc Forge, and Chima Speedorz sets that both had this designation subsequently removed.

That was my point, it vanished from the shop and it went from LEGO Shop at Home UK as well. Unfortunately one problem with the site is that it never says a set is retired. For example if you do a search on 10193 it comes up 'product not found' as if the set number never existed.

Plus people here said it to. So, it's gone from LEGO Shop at Home, it's gone from store, people here say so (although on what thread I cannot remember), the eBay price spikes. All points to EOL.......until it comes back :)

That was my point, it vanished from the shop and it went from S@H UK as well. Unfortunately one problem with the site is that it never says a set is retired. For example if you do a search on 10193 it comes up 'product not found' as if the set number never existed.

Plus people here said it to. So, it's gone from S@H, it's gone from store, people here say so (although on what thread I cannot remember), the eBay price spikes. All points to EOL.......until it comes back :)

Are you sure it was gone from S@H?  Here is the listing that's up now on UK S@H:

Kingdoms Chess

That would be incredible if they removed the entire listing for a decent stretch of time (3 months?) and then reposted it.  Can anyone else confirm that Kingdoms Chess was not available for 2-3 months on S@H UK?

Are you sure it was gone from LEGO Shop at Home?  Here is the listing that's up now on UK LEGO Shop at Home:

Kingdoms Chess

That would be incredible if they removed the entire listing for a decent stretch of time (3 months?) and then reposted it.  Can anyone else confirm that Kingdoms Chess was not available for 2-3 months on LEGO Shop at Home UK?

It was definitely gone from LEGO Shop at Home in early June. I stopped looking after that... Cos I thought it was EOL :)

But I cannot say when it returned, to store or online. The guy at the store today said it was gone for months.

It was definitely gone from S@H in early June. I stopped looking after that... Cos I thought it was EOL :)

But I cannot say when it returned, to store or online. The guy at the store today said it was gone for months.

Interesting - never heard of the S@H listing being fully removed and then reposted, although I wouldn't put much past TLC at this point...

Now that I think of it, I wonder if the S@H B-Wing listing was ever fully removed?  If so, we know this listing returned...

Interesting - never heard of the S@H listing being fully removed and then reposted, although I wouldn't put much past TLC at this point...

Now that I think of it, I wonder if the S@H B-Wing listing was ever fully removed?  If so, we know this listing returned...

The seasonal stuffs are often removed to come back the next year

Interesting - never heard of the LEGO Shop at Home listing being fully removed and then reposted, although I wouldn't put much past TLC at this point...

Now that I think of it, I wonder if the LEGO Shop at Home B-Wing listing was ever fully removed?  If so, we know this listing returned...

Hi, yes this was definately gone completely from LEGO Shop at Home for several months. I'm in UK and was thinking after Christmas about if I should get one or not.

It vanished around February and came back a few months ago.

On UK LEGO Shop at Home you just get a broken link / page not found,  Lego graphic when things are removed or retired, but this just came back up as if nothing had happened.

It was definitely gone from LEGO Shop at Home in early June. I stopped looking after that... Cos I thought it was EOL :)

Can confirm that. On April the 2nd I found it at german LEGO Shop at Home marked with 'Call to check product availability'. I could order one over phone and was happy because the next day it was already marked with 'sold out'. And if I remember right it vanished 1 month later. And again available it is at least since four weeks at europe LEGO Shop at Home

They have been pretty consistently in stock on the USA LEGO Shop at Home site since about last Oct or Nov when they were out of stock for about a month. They've been consistently in stock at all the Lego stores I've been to in the USA since then. I've been buying a few a month for the last couple months. When I was in a store near me last month they didn't have any out on the shelves (even though it's a good sized store) and we asked the manager and she said they had about 30 in the back but they wouldn't be getting any more in. However that could be just that store not carrying it anymore.

Guest TabbyBoy

Can somebody please tell me that this set is crap and a dreadful investment as I've put another 4-figures on my VISA already this month!  Willpower? What's that?

Guest TabbyBoy

BTW... I've not "yet" bought this yet but, to those that have, is the grey base thin and flimsy like a ready meal carton or quite thick and robust?  OMG.. I know what's coming next! ;-(

Can somebody please tell me that this set is crap and a dreadful investment as I've put another 4-figures on my VISA already this month!  Willpower? What's that?

This set is by far the cheapest army building set around.  Back up that truck!!!!

You are window dressing the retail sales number that is beyond dismal in the ***-8 nations.  Keep on buying and help this world economy move along.

BTW... I've not "yet" bought this yet but, to those that have, is the grey base thin and flimsy like a ready meal carton or quite thick and robust?  OMG.. I know what's coming next! ;-(

Had to look up what the heck a "ready meal" was, i think its similar to what we call a "microwave dinner" or a "tv dinner".

Anyways no its not that thin, a bit more heavy duty than that. The actual baseplate is a standard 32x32 green and you put white 4x4 plates on it. Keep in mind the minifigs from this are not of the same quality as ones in regular lego sets. They are obviously manufactured in mbulk in china or somewhere with lower standards, also the paint/printing on the figures is lower quality, for example the gold coloring in the lion/dragon symbols doesnt reflect light the same as those from the regular kingdoms set.

Witht hat being said its still a great way to get a massive amount of minifigs for really cheap, buy 2-3 of these and you have a army worth of defending/attacking any castle!