853373 - Kingdoms Chess

LEGO HULK

YOU OPENED THE BOX!!!! Bad investor!  :turned:

I knew I should have put a disclaimer stating the image and set were not mine. I found them when looking for reviews on the set.

Anyway, everything of mine gets opened one of these days (hopefully).

Where's that bit of cardboard go - that leaning on the box cover?

Onto the gray castle tray and under the green baseplate. Essentially beneath the 'playfield'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This time of year, "sold out" basically means retired.  I can't think of any sets that went "sold out" in December and didn't retire.

I mean, I've been expecting it to retire at the end of the year but I don't understand why people assume "retired" and get mad when it doesn't go "retired" (ie Orc Forge).

ok you win, it doesnt say retired, and there have been a few notable cases where a set will return after being retired such as the orc forge, but even the orc for didnt stay in stock very long. Based on the time of year, the fact that kingdoms theme is long gone and this set has been around for awhile i would say its retired or as close as you can get.

ok you win, it doesnt say retired, and there have been a few notable cases where a set will return after being retired such as the orc forge, but even the orc for didnt stay in stock very long. Based on the time of year, the fact that kingdoms theme is long gone and this set has been around for awhile i would say its retired or as close as you can get.

Sets don't need to be "retired" to appreciate in value.  Just "hard to find" or "have freaking disappeared from every retail shelf".

I'm not trying to call your bluff. I just wish people wouldn't call it 110% when it's really more like 95% sure. I'm kind of bummed because I've been parting out about 4 of these a month. Fortunately I picked a few more up this week too.

Also I'd like to point out that this set went "out of stock" for over a month around Oct 2012 which people could have taken as a sign that it was on it's way out yet here we are.

I'm not trying to call your bluff. I just wish people wouldn't call it 110% when it's really more like 95% sure. I'm kind of bummed because I've been parting out about 4 of these a month. Fortunately I picked a few more up this week too.

Also I'd like to point out that this set went "out of stock" for over a month around Oct 2012 which people could have taken as a sign that it was on it's way out yet here we are.

I'm a little bummed too, but they might have another chess set on the horizon.  It would be pretty cool to see a LOTR/Hobbit chess set!  I can see the army of Orc pawns moving down.  Just a pipe dream

I'm a little bummed too, but they might have another chess set on the horizon.  It would be pretty cool to see a LOTR/Hobbit chess set!  I can see the army of Orc pawns moving down.  Just a pipe dream

I could totally see this... except the Licensing issues with such a set. They haven't done a Star Wars or any other Licensed theme chess set after all these years so I wouldn't hold my breath. 

I could totally see this... except the Licensing issues with such a set. They haven't done a Star Wars or any other Licensed theme chess set after all these years so I wouldn't hold my breath. 

just thought about it some more.  The dark side could have the two towers for rooks, not sure about the other side though.

Yeah, the same happened with Fire brigade and a few other sets, it is frustrating as an investor but when i set starts the whole getting sold out cycle its usually near the end, i personally got REALLY annoyed with orc forge but now looking back on it, im glad i stayed calm and didnt return my sets, they have almost doubled in value and it hasent even been retired for 6 months.

Lego dont have the US broadgame license for Star Wars. They do with LOTR and Hobbit so we can definitely see that if they do decide to make a chess set.

I didn't think about that! That's a really good point! I'd buy a butt load.

I will be mightily upset if they do make a Star War chess set that is only release in UK and Europe. It'll be exactly like the Lego SW Boardgame and SW Series 4 Planet where you'll have to pay up 2X or more.

I will be mightily upset if they do make a Star War chess set that is only release in UK and Europe. It'll be exactly like the Lego SW Boardgame and SW Series 4 Planet where you'll have to pay up 2X or more.

Its about time US people sometimes feel like others feel 99% of the time isnt it ? :)