5000202 - Elrond

Hi, I have 1 mint Elrond figure left (still in sealed bag). Don't have much experience in minifigures, but for profit return purposes, is it worth keeping this, or selling on now. Also will value be affected by release of Council of Elrond set? (Cost me nothing, but don't know what potential is). Any advice?

Sell it, that thing had its fun, the one that is coming out ****** 79006 is a better fig, I am surprised it hasn't already plummeted. I could be wrong but I just don't see that thing ever doing much from what it has already done, even if it somehow went up in value a few bucks, it would be VERY slow growth and you could re-invest that money much sooner. Realistically, it will likely come down in value, I'd have sold it already; the Elrond in 79006 is a better design anyway.

I am holding all of mine. I ordered multiple copies of the game and then insta-flipped on eBay, so I have very little money tied up in these. They are two different Elronds (2nd vs 3rd age). I believe the 2nd age promo elrond value in long term will not be affected by the Rivendell set. Plus, its just a small polybag, so it takes up no space. For me, small investment and small size means this is a hold for now. Just like all of my promo hulks and promo zombie cars.

realistically speaking... why would anyone (except Elrond and completionist fans) want this...

It goes nowhere unless we get prologue battle scene in SET.

So I would sell it for good 15-17$ and call it a day

I think this is terrible advice. It sold for $30 upon release. It will go up in value. Unless you are going hungry or can't pay the rent and really need $15, then this is a hold.

Just like all the people that sold the promo 40076 Zombie driver car for $10 when it was available from Shop At Home. Now its selling for $30 and more. Very little downside in holding onto this and similar promo polybags. Why sell now when it will for sure go up in value in 4Q due to holiday shopping.

I think this is terrible advice. It sold for $30 upon release. It will go up in value. Unless you are going hungry or can't pay the rent and really need $15, then this is a hold.

Just like all the people that sold the promo 40076 Zombie driver car for $10 when it was available from Shop At Home. Now its selling for $30 and more. Very little downside in holding onto this and similar promo polybags. Why sell now when it will for sure go up in value in 4Q due to holiday shopping.

Ofcourse the first sold for 30$ but now majority who wants them HAVE them...

it will be similar to Mr Gold...

it will go UP UP UP then down down dow down for ages until it starts going up

Well, I never thought I'd get an Elrond minifig, but it happened in quite the unexpected manner. About two weeks ago I bought an opened Attack of the Wargs and Unexpected Gathering from a dude on CL for 50 bucks so I could build them myself. Finally got around to assembling the Unexpected Gathering set tonight, and I tell my daughter to go ahead and fish the minifigs out of the ziploc bag and set them up because she enjoys doing that when I build a set. I look up from the instructions at the minifigs and along with all of the ones from the set, she's holding an Elrond complete with the cape and staff. Pretty nice surprise if I do say so myself.

• 1 month later...