2012 new star wars sets release

sadowsk1

There are a lot of people that say LEGO makes a mistake that they don't release their new sets before Christmas instead of after. I think it is intentional just to keep people buying Lego sets past the holiday season. The majority of the population will buy whatever Lego is on the shelves and not care. I think star wars is so popular that people will but them whether they are on sale or not just like the CMF's that are also released after the holiday push. Any thoughts?

There are a lot of people that say LEGO makes a mistake that they don't release their new sets before Christmas instead of after. I think it is intentional just to keep people buying Lego sets past the holiday season. The majority of the population will buy whatever Lego is on the shelves and not care. I think star wars is so popular that people will but them whether they are on sale or not just like the CMF's that are also released after the holiday push. Any thoughts?

I agree with you. Unlike major title video games, which have a very short shelf life and get released before the holidays quite frequently, Lego sets are bought year round. Think about it...there are so many sets to buy and most Lego fans are not happy to they have them all. LOL. Lego does a great job of discontinuing sets, thus making discontinued sets that are a year or two old, even more valuable than when they were new.

As for the Star Wars line of Lego sets, they are off the hook popular. I collect almost every type of large and unique Lego set, but the one theme that constantly brings back top dollar are the Star Wars sets. At the top of the food chain is the Millennium Falcon, set #10179. I bought that set three years ago on Amazon for $399.99. It is now selling consistently on EBAY for $1300-$1500 NIB. That is crazy, but the numbers are real. Similar % returns can be seen with other Star Wars Lego sets as well.

Check out the deal from Lego for set #10215(Obi Wan Jedi Starfighter)...

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Sales-And-Deals

It is an Ultimate Collector's Series set and is priced at $59.99, or $40 under the regular price. Nice deal and a good investment IMO.

• 1 month later...

I have currently some money to spend, around 1000E and I have decided to put it in legos (mainly star wars, maybe some super heroes). Some I probably will buy for my self but mostly I will store away and hopefully be able to sell them for a profit. Currently the sets I am aiming for are: Death Star IMPERIAL SHUTTLE Milenium Falcon Dantive IV (if I find one for ok price from europe) Republic Dropship with AT-OT (if I find one for ok price from europe) Endor These would be the main sets. I am also looking into some of the smaller ones like Slave I new X-wing ANAKIN'S JEDI INTERCEPTOR 2011 podracer set. As LEGO sets in Estonia are usually way too overpriced I am currently searching places to buy from online. Currently Bricklink seems to offer best prices does anyone have any good or bad experience dealing with bricklink dealers? I have now found some good prices on some of the smaller sets on my local shop (good prices for european market) would you recommend buy any from here: http://www.toys.ee/et/catalog/lego-klotsid/lego-star-wars/ Sets like Droid Escape, Tie Fighter and battle backs seem to be great value, I wonder if I could sell the minifigs, and also keep some of the sets sealed for future selling. This post has become awkwardly long so I better stop here. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks

I have currently some money to spend, around 1000E and I have decided to put it in legos (mainly star wars, maybe some super heroes). Some I probably will buy for my self but mostly I will store away and hopefully be able to sell them for a profit. Currently the sets I am aiming for are:

Death Star

IMPERIAL SHUTTLE

Milenium Falcon

Dantive IV (if I find one for ok price from europe)

Republic Dropship with AT-OT (if I find one for ok price from europe)

Endor

These would be the main sets.

I am also looking into some of the smaller ones like

Slave I

new X-wing

ANAKIN'S JEDI INTERCEPTOR

2011 podracer set.

As LEGO sets in Estonia are usually way too overpriced I am currently searching places to buy from online. Currently Bricklink seems to offer best prices does anyone have any good or bad experience dealing with bricklink dealers?

I have now found some good prices on some of the smaller sets on my local shop (good prices for european market) would you recommend buy any from here:

http://www.toys.ee/et/catalog/lego-klotsid/lego-star-wars/

Sets like Droid Escape, Tie Fighter and battle backs seem to be great value, I wonder if I could sell the minifigs, and also keep some of the sets sealed for future selling.

This post has become awkwardly long so I better stop here.

Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks

All solid choices. Bricklink is more expensive than Ebay IMO. Bricklink is usually a solid buying choice though, but it doesn't have the protections of Ebay.

If I were to buy from ebay outside europe I would have to pay 20% tax for the total cost of the item including shipping. And items sold on ebay.co.uk are usually priced a bit higher than on bricklink.

As an 'American Lego Collector,' I am just finding out Lego fans in Europe and the rest of the world have issues with extra taxes, shipping costs, higher prices, and just an overall harder time buying Lego sets. Because of the differences in currency and the way sellers like Amazon track their inventories, it makes it very difficult to make a universal price guide, but we are working hard on it.

I have currently some money to spend, around 1000E and I have decided to put it in legos (mainly star wars, maybe some super heroes). Some I probably will buy for my self but mostly I will store away and hopefully be able to sell them for a profit. Currently the sets I am aiming for are:

Death Star

IMPERIAL SHUTTLE

Milenium Falcon

Dantive IV (if I find one for ok price from europe)

Republic Dropship with AT-OT (if I find one for ok price from europe)

Endor

These would be the main sets.

I am also looking into some of the smaller ones like

Slave I

new X-wing

ANAKIN'S JEDI INTERCEPTOR

2011 podracer set.

As LEGO sets in Estonia are usually way too overpriced I am currently searching places to buy from online. Currently Bricklink seems to offer best prices does anyone have any good or bad experience dealing with bricklink dealers?

I have now found some good prices on some of the smaller sets on my local shop (good prices for european market) would you recommend buy any from here:

http://www.toys.ee/et/catalog/lego-klotsid/lego-star-wars/

Sets like Droid Escape, Tie Fighter and battle backs seem to be great value, I wonder if I could sell the minifigs, and also keep some of the sets sealed for future selling.

This post has become awkwardly long so I better stop here.

Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks

WOW...I took a look at the prices from the Toys.ee and was amazed by what you pay for a Lego set. Almost double what we pay here in the US. I hope you incomes are double ours...LOL I think your choices are solid ones. The Death Star is a sure winner and so is the Imperial Shuttle. Any Star Wars sets seem to increase in value over time. The Droid Escape and new Planet sets(9674, 9675, 9676) look like worthy investments. If you have some time to invest and not looking for instant cash, you really can't go wrong.

I have used Bricklink about 30 times and have had success on all accounts. I'm sure there are some sellers on there that are not so great, but I've had a good experience. For parts, it's by far the best source. I even found a great deal on several older sets. If you are willing to buy a large, one time lot of sets, you might want to try...

www.Chowrentoys.com

Talk to Jack and tell him Ed from Brickpicker sent you. He has quite a selection and might be able to ship you a large one-time order at a good price.

I think the new Superhero sets will be a huge hit to collectors. I also like the Architecture sets and the Town Modular Series(Grand Emporium, Pet Shop, etc..)

Good luck...

Thanks for all the info. Unfortunately the salary is quite **** in estonia also :P. I just now found a "good" deal I think for The Batcave (6860) http://www.thehut.com/toys-lego/lego-super-heroes-the-batcave-6860/10566032.html I get 10% off from that with so called "coupon" witch greets every visitor when entering their toy section. And shipping to estonia is also great about 2E. Also from same shop is the x wing http://www.thehut.com/toys-lego/lego-star-wars-x-wing-starfighter-9493/10567143.html also 10% off. These 2 come with regular US type of price.

Thanks for all the info.

Unfortunately the salary is quite **** in estonia also :P.

I just now found a "good" deal I think for The Batcave (6860)

http://www.thehut.com/toys-lego/lego-super-heroes-the-batcave-6860/10566032.html

I get 10% off from that with so called "coupon" witch greets every visitor when entering their toy section.

And shipping to estonia is also great about 2E. Also from same shop is the x wing

http://www.thehut.com/toys-lego/lego-star-wars-x-wing-starfighter-9493/10567143.html

also 10% off. These 2 come with regular US type of price.

The Batcave does seem like a good deal and will be highly collectible in my opinion.

Buying new Lego sets early in their release is a no-no. These new sets will be available for a year or more and will likely go on sale at some point. It is a better time to buy 2011 sets at this time. ;-)

Hm, you may have a point, but at the same time I dont know how was it with the previous batman/super hero waves, did any of them sell out before they went on sale or did any of the models go up in price at any point?

Hm, you may have a point, but at the same time I dont know how was it with the previous batman/super hero waves, did any of them sell out before they went on sale or did any of the models go up in price at any point?

Lego does not raise their price. The Death Star(10188) has been the same price for 4 years. Amazon usually has some lag time and even if the set is discontinued, you will still be able to buy one at a reasonable cost. If you have to have a set, then buy it, but there are tons of these sets produced now. Really...wait! Even Lego discounts sets...

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Sales-And-Deals?_requestid=1893537

Will take your advice and try to find some good deals on bigger sets that are about to be go out of production.

Don't forget about the STAR WARS Lego mini sets like the...

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=20009-1

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=20018-1

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=20016-1

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=20021-1

These mini sets bring back some serious cash a year or two later...

Thanks will try to keep an eye on these as well. Just these sets or any star wars mini series, and i guess these should not be opened if you have any intention on selling these?

I just did a blog on these mini sets which will be on the Brickpicker site shortly. Here are some stats I came up with...

MSRP Miniature STAR WARS Lego Building Sets

Model # Year Set MSRP Current Value %

Released Name (US$) (average MISB) Increase

30055 2011 Droid Fighter 2.99 5.33 78

30054 2011 AT-ST 3.99 6.66 67

30053 2011 Venator Class Republic Cruiser 2.99 9.05 202

30051 2010 X-Wing Fighter 3.99 11.76 195

30050 2010 Republic Attack Cruiser 3.99 8.05 102

8033 2009 General Grievous' Starfighter 3.99 12.16 205

8031 2008 V-19 Torment 3.99 6.29 58

8028 2008 Mini Tie Fighter 2.99 5.61 88

6967 2005 ARC Fighter 4.99 16.56 232

6966 2005 Jedi Starfigher 4.99 7.07 42

6965 2004 Tie Interceptor 4.99 16.35 228

6964 2004 Boba Fett's Slave I 4.99 24.37 388

6963 2004 X-Wing Fighter 4.99 20.76 316

4495 2004 AT-TE 6.99 24.37 249

4494 2004 Imperial Shuttle 6.99 18.12 159

4493 2004 Sith Infiltrator 6.99 14.77 111

4492 2004 Star Destroyer 6.99 38.76 455

4491 2003 MTT 6.99 16.94 142

4490 2003 Republic Gunship 6.99 23.56 235

4489 2003 AT-AT 6.99 27.41 292

4488 2003 Millennium Falcon 6.99 40.17 475

4487 2003 Jedi Starfighter & Slave I 3.99 34.90 775

4486 2003 AT-ST & Snowspeeder 3.99 17.45 337

4485 2003 Sebulba's & Anakin's Podracers 3.99 15.00 276

4484 2003 X-Wing Fighter & Tie Advanced 3.99 31.46 688

3219 2002 Mini Tie Fighter 2.99 18.92 533

Here are some more from my blog. The are the Lego BRICKMASTER sets that were only available through the BRICKMASTER Magazine subscription. These are even more rare, but you can still buy them on EBAY and Amazon. Sorry for the formatting. They will be in my blog shortly. BRICKMASTER Miniature STAR WARS Building Sets Set # Year Released Set Name Current Market Value (MISB-US$) 20021 2011 Mini Bounty Hunter assault Ship 37.79 20019 2011 Slave I 27.38 20018 2010 AT-AT Walker 22.41 20016 2010 Imperial Shuttle 17.37 20010 2009 Republic Gunship 28.96 20009 2009 AT-TE Walker 13.00 20007 2009 Republic Attack Cruiser 39.23 20006 2008 Clone Turbo Tank 52.81

wow, such a massive increase n value in short time, are these released in predetermined quantities, or is there any other explanation?

I would be lying to you if I told you I knew how Lego determines how many sets are made. I guess they have an idea at the start, then depending on popularity and sales, they will make more or less. I think the main issue is scarcity of an item. Some of these mini sets like the Turbo Tank(20006) are very rare and bring back big money. Some of the newer ones(Droid fighter) are mass produced and have less pieces and might not be as valuable.

The mini building sets are a good way to invest in small amounts and are not very expensive, so there is no real risk of major losses. I think they are awesome sets, besides being good investments. They have major bang for the buck...

Ye I was searching different mini sets on ebay and I really start to like them because they look neat and also it is possible to be able to collect most of them without being a millionaire. I am thinking of buying many of them double as I would like to have mini set collection on display. Currently I found this kind of offer: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/tjb01527/m.html?_nkw=star+wars&_sacat=0&_sop=2&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313 Comparing prices with the current prices you listed, these seem like a goodish deals. Edit: I have found something interesting from my local shop again: http://www.toys24.ee/lego-star-wars.html The first 2 mini sets seem to be priced quite low comparing them to prices in bricklink and in Ed price table. I think I will buy 5 of them each so I can get free shipping for them.

Ye I was searching different mini sets on ebay and I really start to like them because they look neat and also it is possible to be able to collect most of them without being a millionaire. I am thinking of buying many of them double as I would like to have mini set collection on display.

Currently I found this kind of offer:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/tjb01527/m.html?_nkw=star+wars&_sacat=0&_sop=2&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

Comparing prices with the current prices you listed, these seem like a goodish deals.

Edit: I have found something interesting from my local shop again:

http://www.toys24.ee/lego-star-wars.html

The first 2 mini sets seem to be priced quite low comparing them to prices in bricklink and in Ed price table.

I think I will buy 5 of them each so I can get free shipping for them.

You have to be careful with some of these mini sets. Sometimes there is a huge influx of new sets to the market, which brings down the average drastically. It seems that this sets are being found in storage auctions here in the US and from other unusual sources. Some sellers have cases of these mini sets, ready to flood the market. Make sure you are getting a good deal.