The Lone Ranger 2013

IrishGuy66

I'll be interested to see how these sets do, since the movie is rated PG-13 and isn't exactly for kids. Same rating as PotC, and we all know how well those sets are doing (excluding Queen Anne and Black Pearl). I don't see any iconic sets in this line, maybe the train could break out, although it doesn't look like a traditional train. The stagecoach is cool, maybe Western fans will get on board with this series... I think we might have another Prince of Persia on our hands, especially if the movie tanks. I'll be picking up a few of these sets but I'm definitely keeping my receipts!

With details on the sets now coming out my question for everyone is, what do you think? I personally am very impressed. I was a huge fan of the cowboy sets growing up, but unfortunately was never able to afford the Fort. Now they don't have a fort for this theme yet, it appears that it has a lot of potential and if the movie and sets succeed, maybe they will branch out a bit and expand the theme?

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Lone-Ranger-UNRELEASED-Minifigure-NEW-MINT-2013-Western-Minifig-Fig-Gun-/271162924919?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item3f2291df77 Just picked up one of these figures. The guns are incredible. Arguably better than Brickarms. They fit so perfectly.

This is definitely a theme I'm going to wait on and see before I buy into the sets. They look cool but I don't want to overspend on a flop theme. I shake my head and look down when I think of Prince of Persia and especially after watching the movie. I played the old PC game and I loved it, the movie could have been like that and I would have been happier. I paid less than MSRP for those sets and while I enjoy them it makes me sad they may never go up in value save for the unique animals and that's only if Lego doesn't release them in a different set at some point which is more than likely since the molds aren't cheap.

Guest ph4tb0i

I probably should've disclosed that I'm a train collector and that at least 1 will be going into my collection.. haha... ambiguity at its finest.. lol.

I think the Lone Ranger train is really cool and would fit into many time period MOCs or setups. The fact that it has a full loop of track with is also makes it very attractive. As for the other sets in the theme, I think their fate may rest a little more on the success of the movie. I really like them, but they're overall appeal may be in the movies hands. I will definitely pick up the train(for investment) and the cavalry packs(for myself and investment). The others will have to be really on sale. It's not that I don't like them, but PoP has me worried about themes like this, even though tons of AFOLS have been waiting a long time since Wild West.

I think the Lone Ranger train is really cool and would fit into many time period MOCs or setups. The fact that it has a full loop of track with is also makes it very attractive. As for the other sets in the theme, I think their fate may rest a little more on the success of the movie. I really like them, but they're overall appeal may be in the movies hands. I will definitely pick up the train(for investment) and the cavalry packs(for myself and investment). The others will have to be really on sale. It's not that I don't like them, but PoP has me worried about themes like this, even though tons of AFOLS have been waiting a long time since Wild West.

I concur with your logical assessment.

The fate of the theme is in the film's hands. Hahaha.

.....*ahem* Sorry.

I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at how well these sets end up doing in the secondary market. This hits on so many different types of collectors. Also how long has it been since LEGO made a Western theme? This will be a solid performer simply based on all of the potential collectible markets the sets hit. It will be a knockout hit if the movie is good and it interests new people in the franchise, which remains to be seen. It is worth considering that Bruckheimer has a really high success rate compared to other producers. This is a series that many investors will ignore until the returns are clear, which by that time it will be too late.