Tower of Orthanc now on S@H

Investment winner or total flop(which I highly doubt) I'm still buying at least two of these because lord of the rings is awesome and lord of the rings in lego form is pure awesomeness. If I could only buy one lego theme it would be lord of the rings.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Investment winner or total flop(which I highly doubt) I'm still buying at least two of these because lord of the rings is awesome and lord of the rings in lego form is pure awesomeness. If I could only buy one lego theme it would be lord of the rings.

Well said and I feel the same. The monsters are a close second for me.

It's actually going to be the 17th of June for VIP's. If anyone's looking for an excuse to use their 10% catalog coupon, this would be a good one.

gw-

That's what I plan to use my coupon for.

On a side note, I find it funny only VIPs can buy it early, since there's really nothing to the VIP program.  Maybe if they made it available only for Brickmaster subscribers, or something you pay for, maybe I would feel more special buying it early.  :)

Why companion?

Its an individual set that if must be companioned with something it is The Orc Forge and nothing else so far.

Uruk-hai army is companion set for Helm's Deep.....

Agreed.

Orc Forge is more appropriate and relevant as a companion piece to the Tower of Orthanc.

I have been trying to tell myself to stay disciplined and wait for a sale, but I think I may breakdown and go with my initial impulse to buy one straight away at retail price.  :pinch:

I completely understand... I will be getting it the first week of July just because I got the 10% coupon, but otherwise I would wait. Holidays are around the corner and I get the feeling it will be discounted well before december.

Open for sure.  I collect LOTR sets personally.  I will probably buy a few as investments as well but not till they are closer to EOL and on sale.

VIP points are almost worthless to me as well, as I almost never buy from S@H due to their crazy regional pricing.  I'll look to get one off Ebay probably, pay a little more, but less than S@H would charge. 

I have wondered if you can order fromS@H in other regions. 853373 is EOL in the UK, but not in the USA. So can I order it from there?

Not easily.  I used to use a couple of freight forwarding companies that gave you a US address to send the stuff to that then shipped them international for you.  But Lego recently stopped orders from being sent to them, a few other retailers have started doing that as well  :(

They also seem to check that the billing address attached to the credit card for payment is not overseas based.

If someone else knows a work around for it I'd love to know as well.