Iron Patriot preorder exclusive minifigure

Deez_Brickz

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/04/30/lego-marvel-super-heroes-sneak-peek-pre-order-bonuses-detailed Exclusive Iron Patriot figure available with Walmart pre-order for the new Lego Marvel Game. I will be loading up on these for sure! That key chain from Game Stop is a waste of time.

For those that have done this before, what is the process? I remember people grabbing Chase Mcain (spelling?) figs with the pre-order and then not (obviously) getting all the games they ordered. I would very much like to do this, as this little guy smells like profit to me. Also, was this pre-order available in Canada last time? If not, I'd gladly head to a few Wally's across the border if I could grab some of these.

• Like 1

I'd love to snag buckets of Iron Patriot figures, but can't envision finding any use for multiple copies of the attendant game discs. I'll keep my eye out should these pop up for sale sans the game at a later date, but as it stands even if they soar to a tremendous height in the aftermarket I just don't see myself recouping the money let alone gaining a profit. Now, if I wanted a single copy of the game to play, had to have it on release day, and wanted a way to offset some of the cost the that figure would probably be the way to go.

Exclusive Iron Patriot figure available with Walmart pre-order for the new Lego Marvel Game.

I wonder how the process to preorder from Walmart would be like for this? If it is the same as how Chase McCain was at Target where you just purchase a preorder card with the polybag attached for a dollar, this will be a cinch. Even if they limit you to just "one per customer", all I need is one for my collection!

Especially not buying the game for the Iron Patriot. Rhodes is cool but War Machine is the hotness. And anyway the movie totally flipped that whole idea from the comics, where patriot was norman osborn and a totally evil dillweed. Still cooler than the American look at me patriot from the movie though. Lame.