30213 - Gandalf at Dol Guldur

I found a boat load of 30213: Gandalf at Dol Guldur. I want to buy them all, but I want to know what makes it valuable and will it increase in value?

The only time I brought this is when TRU had the B0G0 50% and I sold it for $8.99. If it's just at regular price I wouldn't be interested.

I bought quite a few, not for investment, just because I like them haha. As far as Investment goes, not sure. They may make better give-aways/ stocking stuffers down the line IMO, which is why I picked up a bunch in the first place.

Besides being a polybag with odd exclusivity, I'm not sure about a bright future for it truthfully. Gandalf is available in just about every Hobbit and LotR set so he is rather common. I would have to look the set up to see if anything at all is 'hard to find' in the parts category.

Yeah mainly only for polybag or LotR collectors who need the set for completeness. Shame he was not a slight variation or something, would have made it worth a lot more.

Agreed. Any little thing to mix it up would have been appreciated. The only rare parts I found is the map tile Gandalf is holding and the sword in flat silver. Everything else can be found easily from other sets.

This minifigure kinda reminds me of R2-D2. R2-D2 is almost the same in every single set he has been released in over the last couple of years. (He is in lots of Star Wars sets.) That really hurts the value of him and I see the same thing happening with this minifigure.