10210 - Imperial Flagship

Ed Mack

• 2 years later...

Very hard to tell because it will vary according to the SW movies, the success of modulars, the possibilty of new SW sets already released...

My two cents if you want to keep these sets for (let's say) 7 years:

HH : now $280 (or so), max $800

Imperial S : now $430, max 800$

PIF (gadget, ah ah... bref) : now $550, max $1000

Unimog : now $260, max $400

So the best is the HH in my opinion, and the safest. PIF and IS are ok too but problem is you will have to pay a lot of money to get them. I would pass the Unimog if I were you (I don't think the ceiling will be very high, it's not as "collectible" as the 3 other sets)

Edited by biniou
  • Like 3

And if I'm wrong and the Pirates Imp F. reaches its ceiling at $600...

It's not a "200% obvious investment" at that point, it was while available at MSRP but now... I really think it is but who knows.

For sure I would invest elsewhere on sets which are still available (arkham asylum, etc.) and keep them for 2-3 years.

Or maybe it's time to begin to stock some tumblers ? ^^

Edited by biniou

Difficult question...

If you want to buy an imperial flagship for your own collection... buy it rather yesterday than today. I would not buy it for investment anymore. The Sail has shipped on this one. Unfortunately.

However, If I would be rich, I would buy the IS for investment. Cause I believe this set is not as hoarded as the other three.

• 2 months later...

I am trying to bricklink this set (I have almost all pieces ready to go).  However, I am on Book 2, page 38 now from the online downloaded PDF, and the images start getting fuzzy as some dark brown/black/dark gray pieces are getting very difficult to recognize from the PDF.

Would any nice BPers here happen to have the original Imperial Flagship 10210 instruction manuals, and be able to scan some pages for me?   I am specifically looking for Book 2 - Page 38 thru 61.   Or if you have spare 10210 instruction booklets want to sell at reasonable price, I'd be happy to buy it from you.

Thanks in advance.

I am trying to bricklink this set (I have almost all pieces ready to go). However, I am on Book 2, page 38 now from the online downloaded PDF, and the images start getting fuzzy as some dark brown/black/dark gray pieces are getting very difficult to recognize from the PDF.

Would any nice BPers here happen to have the original Imperial Flagship 10210 instruction manuals, and be able to scan some pages for me? I am specifically looking for Book 2 - Page 38 thru 61. Or if you have spare 10210 instruction booklets want to sell at reasonable price, I'd be happy to buy it from you.

Thanks in advance.

If nobody is able to help you before me, I can work on it tomorrow as I have the instructions in my Lego storage.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

• 3 months later...

Waiting anxiously for a remake or something of the like. This is one of Lego`s best sets IMHO. It`s the best ship, by far. Another version would be gratefully accepted. 

As far as investment now, obviously depends on the price. I don`t know how much higher it will go, maybe level off at $700-$800 in the next 1-3 years. If a remake comes along, this one retaining value will depend heavily on how similar said remake is. 

I bought two of these for just under $400 a little over a year ago.  Prices are now trending at $600.  Just a little evidence that money can be made after retirement if you pick the right sets.

Nice, already looking at 25% + ROI, assuming fees and where you may ship it. That`s fantastic for a set like this, a big ticket item that is long retired. Well done. 

I just sold a used 10210 as part of a package deal on eBay (included the new Brick Bounty and 4x Shipwreck Defense, which has the same cannons and 2 additional crew for the Imperial Flagship).  $680 sale.  FYI.

That`s pretty nice as well, very healthy. 

Lego Ideas HMS Beagle would be a fitting replacement for the Imperial Flagship. Looks like it's going to make it through to 10,000. I'd purchase that set, easily.

If this was just a ship, maybe it would have a chance, although I'm not sure we'll ever see an Ideas set of that size. The fact that it has Darwin will make this never happen though.

If this was just a ship, maybe it would have a chance, although I'm not sure we'll ever see an Ideas set of that size. The fact that it has Darwin will make this never happen though.

Agreed, the subject matter will pretty much kill any hopes of this happening. Sure they could make a ship, but nothing related to this. 

That said, the look of this particular project is really nice, although I`d personally prefer better cloth sails over brick-built ones. 

Same reason Lego doesn`t include guns in Lego City, and why most of the weapons and such are un-realistic. Lego`s main focus wants nothing to do with controversial issues, obviously because that is going to ultimately detract from the brand. Guns, Religion, Politics, etc. stay out of the Lego realm. The individual who thought up the project should have considered this fact, that Lego steers their products in entirely different directions, ones that involve as little controversy (in any shape or form) as possible. After all, the main target audience is and has always been kids, the AFOLs and such are an entirely different group altogether, but this isn`t the thread to get into that one. Hopefully that makes sense. 

It`s a fantastic looking project, I would buy it, but it`s not going to happen, not in this form, doesn`t matter what anyone thinks on that except Lego. 

• 3 months later...

I tried to track one down in South Africa and ended up buying three. One MISB for $600 and two used for $350 each. Of the used ones, one was totally dust free, perfect box and the guy even had the original poly bags. The other one was about 95% condition. Now I'm a bit regretful and think I should have just purchased the 100% used one and bought PC, TB and PS with the money. A large and spooky flying dutchman with torn sales would he amazing.

• 10 months later...

I bought this new in 2010 before I knew anything about how profitable these legos would turn out to be.  Now I'm glad I bought it, but only wish I would've kept the box.  Just in case I wanted to sell it and make a profit off it.....

This is by far one of my favorite Lego set I have ever seen.  Didn't realize all the detail it had until I finished building it.  Love how this thing looks on the shelf and a flying Dutchman with ripped sails would be pretty sweet looking