10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

That is fantastic. Most minifigs in a single set outside of DS?

Would love to have a polybag sidebet with someone - I bet this replaces SSD, and the Death Star lives on...

Could be, or all three sets could live on for a long time.  Lego has record profits and is expanding their production lines so they could keep sets going on for a long time.  Look at how quickly Jabba's Palace was available everywhere after the brief sellout.

Could be, or all three sets could live on for a long time.  Lego has record profits and is expanding their production lines so they could keep sets going on for a long time.  Look at how quickly Jabba's Palace was available everywhere after the brief sellout.

Your right. Their production is continuing to increase to meet demand. They are able to rebound from surges in sales pretty well now, but yes they life of products can last longer with more factories.

Yup, definitely buying this, for myself and for investing. I doubt I'll buy Sydney Opera House for myself and I really haven't bough any largish set for myself for the past year or so. (The sets for investment I *might* eventually open don't count! :D )

this set looks amazing. I will purchase a few for sure. I am most excited that my battle of endor sets that I have had stashed for three years should significantly jump in value once this gets released.

Agree with this. This is fantastic for 8038 owners I think. Glad I picked one up recently for a decent price.

Seriously though, if you are underwhelmed by this set what on earth were you expecting???

Question.... Do the minifigures count as part of the piece count? I have never actually counted a box when I've opened it and put it together. Most minifigures consist of 4 pieces.  This set has 16 or 17 minifigs, (I've heard both numbers not sure which is correct) do they count in the 1990 piece count? Just curious. 

Question.... Do the minifigures count as part of the piece count? I have never actually counted a box when I've opened it and put it together. Most minifigures consist of 4 pieces.  This set has 16 or 17 minifigs, (I've heard both numbers not sure which is correct) do they count in the 1990 piece count? Just curious. 

The parts that compromise each of the included minifigures have always been included for the total piece count far as I know whether it be a box set or simple polybag.

On a side note, when you go to BrickLink, they display the piece count just for the bricks which make up the build itself; not the minifigures.

The parts that compromise each of the included minifigures have always been included for the total piece count far as I know whether it be a box set or simple polybag.

On a side note, when you go to BrickLink, they display the piece count just for the bricks which make up the build itself; not the minifigures.

Ok, Thanks for the response. :)

Don't read this the wrong way, but we should all start using the green "up" arrows as a way of saying "thanks" or that we agree with someone. I forget to do it sometimes myself, but the sooner we all start using those, the more streamlined the forum and conversations will become ;)

Plus, by using them you will be also "rewarding" members for answering questions or posting something interesting, as I think Ed and Jeff will be awarding Brickpoints based on that too.

Again not directed at anyone specifically ;)

• Like 2

Don't read this the wrong way, but we should all start using the green "up" arrows as a way of saying "thanks" or that we agree with someone. I forget to do it sometimes myself, but the sooner we all start using those, the more streamlined the forum and conversations will become ;)

Plus, by using them you will be also "rewarding" members for answering questions or posting something interesting, as I think Ed and Jeff will be awarding Brickpoints based on that too.

Again not directed at anyone specifically ;)

Over the course of the next week or two, Jeff will release the new PERSONAL BLOG feature and a more in depth explanation of Brickpoints will be given at that time.  Jeff and I have been discussing the whole Review/Content contest and we are going to make an announcement later tonight or tomorrow on a major change to the current contest.  Basically, we are going to separate the reviews and the Blog/EC articles and double the prizes.  

This new blog feature will enable people to post their own content, then get approval from us.  Instead of the current system of supplying it to us, then us converting it to suitable site material, this will make it much easier for us to get content on the site sooner and keep Jeff working on other site operations and additions, instead of converting word files.  

The new forum and blog setup will make the site a lot more member interactive and will enable the regular Joe to post some quality blog articles and content.  As always, the site is a work in progress and we are never happy with the status quo.  Look for my announcement sometimes in the next 24 hours.  

• Like 7

I was gonna ask Jeff about the Blog feature and how that was going to go. I'm used to the term 'blog' itself refering to a persons everyday web journal or online diary but that's just me. From the sound of it, this should help tremendously with the conversion process. I know my Evaluation Corner article had a lot of tables and some images in there which will probably give you guys a headache transferring over to the site format. :swoon:

I was gonna ask Jeff about the Blog feature and how that was going to go. I'm used to the term 'blog' itself refering to a persons everyday web journal or online diary but that's just me. From the sound of it, this should help tremendously with the conversion process. I know my Evaluation Corner article had a lot of tables and some images in there which will probably give you guys a headache transferring over to the site format. :swoon:

There are options or modules that we can add to the new blog feature to incorporate charts.  I just want to separate the review contest and the blog articles contest into two separate entities.  I want to make the blog articles easier to incorporate into the site and take Jeff out of the mix.  I want members to produce a blog with our new blog tool, then I will review it, modify it, add to it, and then post it.  Some of the older articles can be dated, so with multiple people supplying fresh content on a daily/weekly basis, it will become much more informative and useful.

• Like 1