10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, wolfenn said:

do you guy think this set will do well in Europe on the secondary market?   or will it be a drastic decline from how it will perform in the US? 

No, I think it'll be Red 5 all over again. If you see profit, I suggest offloading before they drop again towards RRP (or lower) as I believe that these are seriously hoarded. American's also had great deals on these and could undercut us and still ship to EU. I hate the set anyway so I won't have that problem ;-)

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

No, I think it'll be Red 5 all over again. If you see profit, I suggest offloading before they drop again towards RRP (or lower) as I believe that these are seriously hoarded. American's also had great deals on these and could undercut us and still ship to EU. I hate the set anyway so I won't have that problem ;-)

An EU buyer would be paying about €100 in customs charges to import that set from the US.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, tractorboy said:

An EU buyer would be paying about €100 in customs charges to import that set from the US.

An ex colleague of mine was picking these up for $125 which was half UK price and I'm pretty sure that he can stil compete even with customs charges. There are ways around these charges if it's not done too often. I was importing Mars Rovers from Texas for a while after they disappeared in the UK for not much more than RRP.

5 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

An ex colleague of mine was picking these up for $125 which was half UK price and I'm pretty sure that he can stil compete even with customs charges. There are ways around these charges if it's not done too often. I was importing Mars Rovers from Texas for a while after they disappeared in the UK for not much more than RRP.

There are no "ways" to import goods from the states without customs slapping on an extra fee. Don't be delusional.

• Like 1

T̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶n̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶e̶m̶b̶l̶a̶n̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶S̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶S̶a̶n̶d̶c̶r̶a̶w̶l̶e̶r̶.̶

Actually there is.

Edited by Shewie

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, thebluewizard said:

There are no "ways" to import goods from the states without customs slapping on an extra fee. Don't be delusional.

Expats between countries with reciprocal agreements can move personal effects (within reason) with little or no cost and with just VAT payable. It's legal and a lot of expats do the same. I don't care two hoots about the Netherlands, but the UK does have an allowance for goods from the US for personal use. I was an expat in the US and Hong Kong and shifted a lot of kit without any major problems. A good logistics company can save you a small fortune and I'd have given you their details if you weren't so rude.

Don't EVER call me delusional, I take offence to that!

Edited by TabbyBoy

Previously in UK (not sure if still happens), certain companies used to have agreements with parcel force that they would pre-pay all customs duty / taxes for items in order to reduce the time it took waiting to recieve imporr charge invoice.

This was done to reduce delay for business items, as it takes a couple of days from:

customs inspection >

charges calculated >

letter sent to package receiver >

charges paid >

item released for delivery. 

Alot of people used to take advantage of this by ordering things to their work and declaring for business needs, the business would end up paying the import duty / tax etc and them getting things from North America / asia really cheap, however people have been caught and not worth saving a few pounds to lose your job. I think most companies only do this method now for documents only not parcels (i.e. business contracts).

Edited by Mhd747

30 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Expats between countries with reciprocal agreements can move personal effects (within reason) with little or no cost and with just VAT payable. It's legal and a lot of expats do the same. I don't care two hoots about the Netherlands, but the UK does have an allowance for goods from the US for personal use. I was an expat in the US and Hong Kong and shifted a lot of kit without any major problems. A good logistics company can save you a small fortune and I'd have given you their details if you weren't so rude.

so you're delusional?

#offended

• Like 3

21 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

A good logistics company is also subject to customs checks so your point is moot. 

VAT

You pay VAT on goods sent from non-European Union (EU) countries and EUspecial territories (eg the Canary Islands) if they’re:

• gifts worth more than £39
  • other goods worth more than £15
  • alcohol, tobacco products and fragrances (eg perfume, eau de toilette and cologne) of any value

I stand by my original comment. Note how "personal use" doesn't come into the equation. 

• Like 2