6865 - Captain America's Avenging Cycle

kerrmando

• 4 weeks later...

How much do you plan on spending on it? To me its nothing special is I don't see it fetching sky high prices at any point. I have a few from LEGO Shop at Home orders.

I also have a few.  They sent more Iron Man vs Drones and Jor-El with my recent lego purchases.

I'm just wondering would it be better to sell them now or hold on to them.

Is the Iron Man vs Fighting Drone 30167 Poly Bag investment worthy?

There really isn't anything special about it other than limited availability. That Iron Man minifigure can be found in the earlier Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape set and the other parts can be made from your own collection rather easily. I can only see some serious polybag collectors wanting one just to say they have it.

For these prices you guys are seeing them at, I would be buying every single one.

We might see another Cap minifig if they decide to release any from the Winter Soldier movie, but even Iron Man 3 only had 3 sets and I'd suggest he would have a far greater marketing capability to kids than Cap. Whether they release any Thor 2 sets will probably be a good indication.  Don't forget, they had to rename the initial movie Captain America: The First Avenger so a lot of people outside the US would even get an inkling of who he was.

This may be the only set with Cap in it until the Avengers 2 line

• Like 2

Pass on another one of these last night at Walmart... but only after I put it in my cart and my 2.5 year old jumped from the front to the back of the cart and sat on it... bummer. I probably would have bought it even still if I didn't have a bunch already.

For these prices you guys are seeing them at, I would be buying every single one.

We might see another Cap minifig if they decide to release any from the Winter Soldier movie, but even Iron Man 3 only had 3 sets and I'd suggest he would have a far greater marketing capability to kids than Cap. Whether they release any Thor 2 sets will probably be a good indication.  Don't forget, they had to rename the initial movie Captain America: The First Avenger so a lot of people outside the US would even get an inkling of who he was.

This may be the only set with Cap in it until the Avengers 2 line

We better see a Thor 2 line, and it better have a Jane Foster minifig!

Also, I have no idea how, but I -1'd your post and have no idea how to remedy it. Can mods undo stuff like this?

Also, I have no idea how, but I -1'd your post and have no idea how to remedy it. Can mods undo stuff like this?

That option doesn't seem to be available to us moderators. No matter, I added my +1 to help.

We better see a Thor 2 line, and it better have a Jane Foster minifig!

Damn right!

How many more batman related sets do you think we'll see? Since there aren't really any batman movies in the near future?

Already if you look we have 8 sets

6857 Funhouse Escape

6858 Catwoman Catcycle chase

6860 Batcave

6863 Batwing Battle

6864 Batmobile and Two-Face Chase

10937 Arkham Asylum Breakout

76000 Arctic Batman v Mr Freeze

76001 The Bat v Tumbler

The 2006-2008 Batman line had 13 sets

If you compare the two lines,  they seem to have amalgamated a couple of sets.

Key omissions at this stage are the UCS Batmobile or something similar (2013 Upgrade to Arkham maybe?), Killer Croc set, Bat Tank and Robin Scuba Jet.

It is possible we get another few sets out of this, but I am honestly not so sure. I'm certainly starting to stockpile some of them.

Every one is a critic :rofl: 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see the Wolverine Chopper set go away. It's got nice minifigs that are only available in one set, and with the Deadpool movie coming up soon, an EOL on this set before the film could raise its stock significantly. I wish Walmart had more when they clearanced them for 13.00, but I was only able to get the last three they had.

I'd like to see the Wolverine Chopper set go away. It's got nice minifigs that are only available in one set, and with the Deadpool movie coming up soon, an EOL on this set before the film could raise its stock significantly. I wish Walmart had more when they clearanced them for 13.00, but I was only able to get the last three they had.

I have this hope as well. This is still an easy set to find at a lot of Wal-Marts around me for full price. Target as well. Kind of weird.