6865 - Captain America's Avenging Cycle

kerrmando

And it's gone (in the U.S.)...

So far it just say "Sold Out" currently. I'd wait for it to say "Retired Product" to completely confirm. A couple of sets with the "Retiring Soon" tag have sold out only to be restocked later on like Series 9 of the Minifigures. A good sign the set is on its way out all the same. Stock up whatever you can find if you want it folks!

I have over 100 of these little buggers =) I think it will do very well come Christmas!

i think you will also.  lets just hope another capt doesn't surface for a while (regardless.whether the same minifig or not).  if flipping, a def sell before the sets are released prior to the next movie.

i also like this set MUCH MORE than the catwoman one (as that was a refresh of a 2006-2008 set).

I have over 100 of these little buggers =) I think it will do very well come Christmas!

How much have you been getting them for? I've got about 15 at $9 a pop.

I actually just opened the one I bought that had a crushed box. Wanted a Capt figure for myself. The rest of the set is kinda lackluster to me. Love the Captain America figure though. I'm gonna find a tommy gun for him though.

Hey guys, This set has been put on sale recently at Walmart and Target... down to around nine bucks. I'm of the opinion that this set might be the best nine bucks you can spend right now. We don't have another launch date for a set with Captain America in it that we know of before Christmas. He is possibly one of the most adored Super Heroes in the Avengers... I've purchased around 30 of these in the past couple weeks. Going to try to get a total of 100 of them. I think by Christmas time they will be an easy flip for 25+ dollars. Same goes for the Catwoman Chase...even though Batman is still around, Catwoman should do fairly well in a few months. It's an easy set to ship, and and easy set to sell multiples of in a short period of time. Good luck and start buying (Just some opinion garnered from eight years of Lego sales)

thanks! great thread and grats on picking up 100!

It's going to be a bit higher than $25. There is all sorts of data collected from countless sources that indicate this set should approach astronomical numbers for a battle pack sized set!

Lego didn't want to let go of 6865, despite being less popular internationally. Disney/Lego wanted to cross promote and sell more Iron man 3 and Warner bros wanted to sell more Man of Steel sets.

check this out guys, a strange fact here.  6865 was a Amazon USA top seller up until its retirement. this is why the price has seemingly skyrocketed overnight.  (along with depleted Walmart overstock vanishing). 6865 also appeared to sell well overseas.

Great pick here, and easily one of the best investments of 2013!

There is no modular or UCS build currently in stock or recently retired that could outperform this battlepack. its not probable. Even if they make new captain america fig, the chances of it being the same are slim to none, and this battle pack comes with alien generics and a cool motorcycle!

grats to everyone who scored this gem!

While I will not question this set's potential ROI, I was a tad disappointed putting it together with my son yesterday. Kinda boring even for a $11 set. Thanks goodness the Capt minifig looks great. The motorcycle, aliens, and that gold skiff are nothing exciting, both aliens do have decent front and back printing. Let's hope Capt isn't in another set for a while. A least, not another cheaper set.

Anyway, I still have a few so my Pom poms are rooting for it.

While I will not question this set's potential ROI, I was a tad disappointed putting it together with my son yesterday. Kinda boring even for a $11 set. Thanks goodness the Capt minifig looks great. The motorcycle, aliens, and that gold skiff are nothing exciting, both aliens do have decent front and back printing. Let's hope Capt isn't in another set for a while. A least, not another cheaper set.

Anyway, I still have a few so my Pom poms are rooting for it.

I agree. Love the Capt fig and the shield. I'm going to sell the rest of the set and just keep the figure. I am going to put him on the motorcylce from this set and give him a tommy gun. http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=7306-1

Guest TabbyBoy

Watch for the Karma factor. One of the other BrickPickers always leaves one on the shelf and i get a kick out of it. He always says "Karma man!"

I know... that's why I left about 4 on the shelf with the tattiest boxes. ;-)

Just out of curiosity, this may not be the thread to ask, but how is it everyone is able to ship this at a low price (I.e 2.99 etc on ebay)

It's not too big of a set so it can be shipped cheap. Keep in mind cheap doesn't always mean the set will arrive in great shape. ;) They could ship it for cheap and poorly protect the set.

Some high-rated sellers also get shipping discounts I believe.

Guest betsy805

Just out of curiosity, this may not be the thread to ask, but how is it everyone is able to ship this at a low price (I.e 2.99 etc on ebay)

Anything 13oz or less can ship usps first class for cheap (caps out at 3.38 for 13 oz)  I think that set only weighs 4 oz, so even with the box it's under 13oz.  Either that or they raise the 'buy it now' price to accomodate it.  Or they don't know what it costs to ship and are making a random guess based on what other people are shipping for ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was late to the game on this one. Every single Target, Fred Meyer (Meijer in the NW US), Toys R Us sold out completely. Online sold out other than resellers.

Thankfully I found 1 in a mom-and-pop store today for myself, Just need the Hulk set to complete my marvel collection. They had one more available but decided to leave that for someone else. I don't usually go for smaller sets for investing, and if I do I want multiples, not just one.

Great set for investment, not really for building, Capt. and his bike are the only redeeming features.