Iron Man 3 sets (Spoiler Alert)

jaybird1043

What they did to one of the greatest comic book villians of all time in Iron Man 3 was complete and utter bulls***. An enigmatic persona with ten rings of power reduced to some drunkard playing a 'proxy Mandarin' and then it was 'the other guy' aka Aldrich Killian is the self proclaimed 'true Mandarin'. How low can you go? :shut: I do like the sets though, and at least I can have a Legoized version of The Mandarin and stay the heck away from all that Hollywood rhetoric. It may not have happened like that in the film the sets were based on but I'll be more faithful to the original comic book source any day of the week, period.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching Iron Man 3 last night and all I have to say, what was lego thinking? What is the purpose of making sets based on a movie when the sets have nothing to do with the movie? I enjoyed the movie but being a comic book fan, they completely crapped on the Mandarin. I think only one of the sets actually appear in the movie. Were the sets suppose to be a red herring or something?

If your a comic book fan, you will have a lot of problem with the film. I saw it with a couple of buds who do not follow comics and they all liked it. I still enjoyed the movie but basically has nothing to do with the comics. Was that Killian guy a real villain in the comics? I don't remember him. Yeah, the broken finger thing was stupid.