10182 - Cafe Corner

force392

I see the 10182 Cafe Corner has leveled off, maybe even dropped a little in value. Is this the end of the extreme appreciation? Or will we see this set hit $2000 eventually?

The growth on the Cafe Corner has been amazing, especially in the past year...56%!!!! Incredible. 700% from retail. Incredible. I thought the 10179 Falcon was done at $1200 a year ago, so maybe there is still room to grow here.

The growth on the Cafe Corner has been amazing, especially in the past year...56%!!!! Incredible. 700% from retail. Incredible. I thought the 10179 Falcon was done at $1200 a year ago, so maybe there is still room to grow here.

There are no sets with buy it now for less than $1100. I want to get one as it'd be the cherry on top of my newly started investment hobby.

Apologies for cross posting but seems relevant to the topic. I was one of those who desperately coveted the cafe corner for so long... I remain intrigued with its growth but no longer need it because I bit the bullet and made one from bricklink parts - its far from 100 % accurate - check out my blog (http://creativitcentral.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/cafe-corner-built-from-bricklink.html) for specific detail about substitutions. I'd never sell it but would be interested to see how much of its original value it could retain.

Apologies for cross posting but seems relevant to the topic. I was one of those who desperately coveted the cafe corner for so long... I remain intrigued with its growth but no longer need it because I bit the bullet and made one from bricklink parts - its far from 100 % accurate - check out my blog (http://creativitcentral.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/cafe-corner-built-from-bricklink.html) for specific detail about substitutions. I'd never sell it but would be interested to see how much of its original value it could retain.

What was your cost when you parted out the Cafe Corner? I just picked up a used one for less than $600.

What was your cost when you parted out the Cafe Corner? I just picked up a used one for less than $600.

I think around $300 - i didn't keep track of costing as I've been doing the part source process for a few modulars, creator, designer and custom modulars all at once to try and cut back shipping costs

I think around $300 - i didn't keep track of costing as I've been doing the part source process for a few modulars, creator, designer and custom modulars all at once to try and cut back shipping costs

At $300, that is a great deal. You could sell them on EBAY for $500+.

I wonder what it would cost to keep it 100% accurate?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump a fairly old thread, but I bricklinked, or PAB'd a Cafe Corner and everything is correct outside of the white panels, which I have over half original now. I Pick a Bricked most of the set, and Ebayed/Bricklinked a few rare pieces that Lego didn't have. Pet Shop has the same roof pieces making them accessible again. The white panels, you can get the new version of it, but the old one is gone, making them ridiculous to purchase directly on Bricklink now. I have slowly built up my stash of them by getting them in lots, etc., but needing 20 of them it will take a while. Cost me around $400 for all new pieces, but I don't have the instructions yet, going to be hard to bite that bullet, but probably will eventually to make it complete.

Sorry to bump a fairly old thread, but I bricklinked, or PAB'd a Cafe Corner and everything is correct outside of the white panels, which I have over half original now. I Pick a Bricked most of the set, and Ebayed/Bricklinked a few rare pieces that Lego didn't have. Pet Shop has the same roof pieces making them accessible again. The white panels, you can get the new version of it, but the old one is gone, making them ridiculous to purchase directly on Bricklink now. I have slowly built up my stash of them by getting them in lots, etc., but needing 20 of them it will take a while. Cost me around $400 for all new pieces, but I don't have the instructions yet, going to be hard to bite that bullet, but probably will eventually to make it complete.

Maybe the easier way would be to buy a used Cafe Corner in the $500-$600 range and call it a day. ;-)

• 1 month later...

Sorry to continue the off-topicness... Has anyone completed a bricklinked Market Street and can estimate the cost? I'd love to complete my modular collection (just like everybody else, duh), but even used prices are too steep for me to justify.

The dark blue arches and the all white hoses will cost you. Somewhere in the $5-10/piece range, unless you have them already. Other than those, I can't think of any pieces that will cost a ton. It is a much smaller set in regards to piece count compared to the other modulars. I would think you could bricklink/Pick a Brick it quite a bit cheaper than buying off ebay, but not sure how prevalent the medium(?) blue pieces are.

• 3 years later...
2 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

What is a reasonable price for a used cafe corner in great condition, 100% complete, with nice instructions, no box? I haven't paid much attention to this set historically. I'm trying to measure the market with recent sales which can be problematic for a rare set.

with instructions $800 or so.