What's the lowest price on Helms Deep that will make you bite?

thing is, I have about $100 on my kmart rewards card. they have them for sale at $114. dont want to empty my rewards card but how low is a good low price for helms deep? $90 each?

yeah at about 90$ each is the price where you can make nice returns...

100$ is good 114$ might be on the edge

Either price will make profit (of above 3 mentioned) the only difference is how long will you have to keep it for enough profit (I assume enough profit on large set means to get atleast 30% net returns)

thing is, I have about $100 on my kmart rewards card. they have them for sale at $114. dont want to empty my rewards card but how low is a good low price for helms deep? $90 each?

It was around that price on the Target.com sale, with the red card. Amazon usually has them for around that price ($115). I you already have some, then I would wait until it goes back down below $110. If you don't have any, then you can pick that one, and if you see a lower price in the next month just return it.

Ah-ha using the new and imporved BP site I can tell the US RRP price at a glance! I am scouring Amazon & Ebay as well as the local stores. I have bought 2 HDs for 20-25% off and won one supposedly complete (see other thread) one from ebay for 33% off new RRP. Amazon UK have both HD & Weathertop at 20% off at the moment. No sign of EOL on either - yet! The supermarkets here; ASDA (aka Walmart), Tesco etc... only have the small sets for sale in store, and sometimes over RRP! I have bought some of them - for a discount of course, but I am not convinced of the worth of sets like *** or SA. I have also bought some of the polybags, you can get 30210 for under

I got my 1st Helm's Deep for $50 MISB due to a lucky CL find and my second was a damaged box purchased at an extra discount from TRU during the BOGO so that one will be built. I'd like more but I need to find them under 100 to bite. The last Target sale you guys bought them all before I could get any, lol.

If I see one alone for 80.00, I'll have a hard time walking away, but they'll likely get to half off in my area. I'm just waiting for the majority of the Walmarts to put the first wave LOTR stuff to clearance already. I've scored two Helm's Deep already, at a certain Walmart, both mint boxes. One for $29.99, and another a week later at $25.00. It'll be impossible for me to replicate that kind of deal, even in my area.

Guest ph4tb0i

I got 5 from K-mart USA when they were 99. Not taking chances with this set. It's pretty much impossible to find it as all retailers have cleared it out in Canada and the cheapest here now is $180 at Toys R' Us Canada.

Anywhere from $85 to $90. But don't wait too long, this set is history very soon according to sources.

I think it's safe to say that with this set it honestly doesn't matter. If it takes off in price like everyone expects you'll make money no matter what price you bought it at. If it tanks unexpectedly you're losing money, so if you only have a few then the loss of an additional $10 or so will not significantly add to the catastrophe. We're approaching rapidly the point where this set will vanish from retail. You may never find it on sale again. If you do though, just return the full price one or request a price adjustment.

I think it's safe to say that with this set it honestly doesn't matter. If it takes off in price like everyone expects you'll make money no matter what price you bought it at. If it tanks unexpectedly you're losing money, so if you only have a few then the loss of an additional $10 or so will not significantly add to the catastrophe. We're approaching rapidly the point where this set will vanish from retail. You may never find it on sale again. If you do though, just return the full price one or request a price adjustment.

I haven't seen many in stock in my area since Christmas. If they did have it in stock they only ever had one.

15% off US Retail of 15% off the ridiculous prices we get charged?

Both :)

If I saw 15% off retail locally I'd probably get 1 or 2. And 15% off US retail it would possibly drop to the point where an import would be worth it after shipping costs - it's a damn big box!

Easter Wknd Barnes and Noble had BOGO 50% off plus with B&****** card took off an additional 10% picked up 4. Only problem was they had the sensor sticker on the bottom and was difficult to remove. Slight box damage now to mine.

Easter Wknd Barnes and Noble had BOGO 50% off plus with B&****** card took off an additional 10% picked up 4. Only problem was they had the sensor sticker on the bottom and was difficult to remove. Slight box damage now to mine.

If my math is right, that's $94 each including tax. Pretty good deal for anything this side of Black Friday. I wouldn't worry about box damage, either. By the way, I'm in Houston, too. Welcome to the site :)

• 4 weeks later...