face

Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit - general discussion

One theme to rule them all.   154 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these two related themes holds a better value as an investment overall?

• Lord of the Rings
    • The Hobbit

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

603 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, fossilrock said:

I agree.  One thing i've noticed on amazon, especially is that the amount of resellers are thinning quite a bit over the last year.  Many have already cashed out and moved on.  So, as the years go by, these will become more scarce, although there are a lot of used sets on ebay that people can pick up. 

I have yet to move any of my LOTR/Hobbit stock and I think i'm going to keep them for a while.  I think we have one more year of sellers thinning out their stock before things really bounce up, and I think it will be a decent bounce up.  Once someone cracks open a set and only gets part of the fellowship, they'll want the rest.  Same with the Dwarves from the hobbit line. 

Indeed. A few months ago I got Thorin's Co by buying sealed sets and parting out the junk. Working on getting several sets of the Fellowship to finish out sets like Moria.

Edited by Copterman

8 hours ago, HappyHawkeye said:

Last summer when I first got into lego collecting/investing I slowly acquired one of every set from the LOTR and Hobbit themes. I secretly want these to stagnate so I have an excuse to open & build all of them :yes:

Do it. They are my favorite LEGO sets for sure.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Copterman said:

Do it. They are my favorite LEGO sets for sure.

The trouble is I also like building modulars....an architecture sets.....and the winter village theme....and Star Wars.....and I am married to a very supportive but pragmatic woman :)

1 person likes this